Sign in to follow this  
CadillacMatt

Just ordered! :D

Hey all, wanted to say thanks for anyone who's helped me out in the past few months. I sold my Xplods and ordered 2 Fi Q 15's moments ago. I'm going to be building a 7cuft ported box tuned to 32Hz and I'm ordering the wiring and amplifier within the next few weeks. So excited I can hardly stand it :jump:

Meanwhile I am bassless but I think it is worth the wait!

Edited by CadillacMatt

Going to order an AQ2200D next payday (two weeks!) so in the meantime I'm going to run some 0/1 wire, build the box, do the Big 3, and straighten up my existing wiring in the car. Two MORE weeks after that I'm going to get a HO alternator.

sounds solid, im going to be in the same boat re running wire and possible h/o alt

sounds solid, im going to be in the same boat re running wire and possible h/o alt

If you've ever heard of Mechman altys I've heard they're pretty solid, you can find him on CA.com. They will find an alternator for you and if they don't have it they will build it! I'm eyeballing a 250amp :neil:

where are u geting the amp from. i saw the website is sold out.

ye it is sold out, im guessin by the time you get the money together theyll be back in stock, but if not itll be worth waiting for trust me :)

Yup, worth the wait. :)

how's the prices for them though?

a little steeper than some, but you get what you pay for

alright, well when you get it on and everything after about a month let me know if you run into any problems with it

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, and I will definitely let you all know how it goes.

Oh, and I got the box built today! Many thanks to Chris at Fisher Customs for the SketchUp, I stayed a little late at work today so I could get this bad boy done... 7cuft @ 32Hz, went through 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF and three drill batteries :). What do you think?

All cut down

DCP_0051.jpg

The framework

DCP_0054.jpg

Starting to look like a box

DCP_0057.jpg

Double baffles in place

DCP_0059.jpg

All caulked up

DCP_0061.jpg

Whew... finished!!

DCP_0064.jpg

Hey, I see a resemblance :)

DCP_0065.jpg

looks immaculate i wish i had a table saw available for me

Comes in great handy, now if I could only learn to cut a better circle with a jigsaw :D. We didn't have a circle jig for the router :(

Oh and to ECROMEANS - You can get a 25% discount on Mechman alts if you post a build log up. I'm definitely looking into that :)

Edited by CadillacMatt

looks immaculate i wish i had a table saw available for me

Comes in great handy, now if I could only learn to cut a better circle with a jigsaw :D. We didn't have a circle jig for the router :(

Oh and to ECROMEANS - You can get a 25% discount on Mechman alts if you post a build log up. I'm definitely looking into that :)

i used a wood router to cut out my circle, may take forever, especially since i had to cut out for the 18" btl but im pleased with how it came out.

ahhh that sounds nifty, do they have a site? havent really heard much of them since everyone goes ea, ohiogen and iraggi.

Sure, the website can be found here.

Sign in to follow this