Aaron Clinton

dbDrag 2005 rule discussion ??

what do you guys think about the new rules and how it will effect this up coming season? :huh:

Drag sucks.

:o:o:o

Eye eye captain.

A little birdy told me drag will be no more soon....

and not because of obvious reasons.

how do people feel about the move of finals?

bass race, WHAT THE CRAP?

x2... :blink:

too much crap, too many political endeavors, too many fists in pockets.

-but-

IMO, its the fairest (technically) game in town. Who cares how the stereo system does in the footwell? or in *ugh* drive-byes?

I'll build my toycar for drag-legal... but i doubt I'll see any competitions. At least, not around here.

-and-

Denim, finals in Cleveland is cool lfor me, I've friends near there so I can make a short 4 hour trip and spectate.

Otherwise, Wayniac should've looked for something more central IMO.

-Nick

-but-

IMO, its the fairest (technically) game in town. Who cares how the stereo system does in the footwell? or in *ugh* drive-byes?

I'll build my toycar for drag-legal... but i doubt I'll see any competitions. At least, not around here.

-and-

Denim, finals in Cleveland is cool lfor me, I've friends near there so I can make a short 4 hour trip and spectate.

-Nick

See its cool for you cause u live in NY. No offesne but theres not alot of competitors up in that area, that have gone to finals let alone are loud(no offense just stating the obvious has nothing to do with you). Granted there are a few who are extremely loud, but mainly all the loud people and people who finish top 5 every year come from the South(florida, AL, MS,LA, GA), the Midwest(OK, TX, SD) and the West coast. By moving the finals north there making those peoples trips ALOT longer.

Most of you cannot see what is really happening here and I cannot go into detail... but be happy drag is around now, but dont count on it to be around for a couple more years. :4123357f3da0f6e125a54: Not like anyone would care.

Tons and tons of use to be loyal competitors of drag are going to usaci... either they've been hit in the head something or they know somehting's fu(ked up.

Out of curiosity...

How come u think drag is the fairest game in town? Its definately not the fairest game out of the orgs. Drag has to many fine line rules and USACi has some simple rules. Stock= no wall 1 battery 1 cap. Mod= wall 2batteries(may be able to ad more). Super Stock= Basically everything goes.

I dont know how easier that gets, but its alot easier than drag not to mention if you dont get the score u wanted in ur 1st 2 runs u can rerun for an extra 10$. Drag its more like give me money, sit back lose, and buh bye.

Drag has to many rules Usac has far less rules which makes it more better.

Food for thought. If drag is the best... how come they had less competitors and less vendors at there finals compared to Usac?

-but-

-and-

-Nick

See its cool for you cause u live in NY. No offesne but theres not alot of competitors up in that area, that have gone to finals let alone are loud(no offense just stating the obvious has nothing to do with you). Granted there are a few who are extremely loud, but mainly all the loud people and people who finish top 5 every year come from the South(florida, AL, MS,LA, GA), the Midwest(OK, TX, SD) and the West coast. By moving the finals north there making those peoples trips ALOT longer.

Most of you cannot see what is really happening here and I cannot go into detail... but be happy drag is around now, but dont count on it to be around for a couple more years. :4123357f3da0f6e125a54: Not like anyone would care.

Tons and tons of use to be loyal competitors of drag are going to usaci... either they've been hit in the head something or they know somehting's fu(ked up.

Out of curiosity...

How come u think drag is the fairest game in town? Its definately not the fairest game out of the orgs. Drag has to many fine line rules and USACi has some simple rules. Stock= no wall 1 battery 1 cap. Mod= wall 2batteries(may be able to ad more). Super Stock= Basically everything goes.

I dont know how easier that gets, but its alot easier than drag not to mention if you dont get the score u wanted in ur 1st 2 runs u can rerun for an extra 10$. Drag its more like give me money, sit back lose, and buh bye.

Food for thought. If drag is the best... how come they had less competitors and less vendors at there finals compared to Usac?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I take no offense in that post and mean no harm in this one. Just wanted to say that first.

As I said, Drag does suck. Too much horse chit going down. Far too much going on with the politics of it (Wayne). I know that it's going down. As I said earlier, it sucks, period.

I also said that Cleveland is cool for me (as a spectator - because I wont compete in Drag), because its close. However, I also said that it should've been something more central. IMO.

I've also said (above) that it is "technically" the fairest. IMO & IMExperience. Fuse ratings, cheater amps, no voltage limitations, and all of that non-sense are no where near as technically fair as Wayne's BS.

As far as ANYTHING else in dBDrag is concerned... no, it's not a 'level field' at all.

Yes, I know of alot of rumours (wether there's truth or not is not my concern). I've talked to alot of competitors and self-proclaimed "insiders" since last summer. This is the main reason I make no intention on making any kind of competitive run in dBDrag. It wouldn't be worth what it costs. Not to mention that there haven't been dBDrags in this region in quite sometime.

No, I'm not gonna take offense to the loud comment, lol! :D

The last loud NY'ers were back in '01-02. Autogoboom - Jim from Underground Autosound put together an Extreme Van that broke 175.X on the old TL (Great at the time).

Since then, just about everyone around here runs IDBL.

I'll still use my own TL.

I hope this clears some of this up.

-Nick

-but-

-and-

-Nick

Out of curiosity...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I take no offense in that post and mean no harm in this one. Just wanted to say that first.

As I said, Drag does suck. Too much horse chit going down. Far too much going on with the politics of it (Wayne). I know that it's going down. As I said earlier, it sucks, period.

I also said that Cleveland is cool for me (as a spectator - because I wont compete in Drag), because its close. However, I also said that it should've been something more central. IMO.

I've also said (above) that it is "technically" the fairest. IMO & IMExperience. Fuse ratings, cheater amps, no voltage limitations, and all of that non-sense are no where near as technically fair as Wayne's BS.

As far as ANYTHING else in dBDrag is concerned... no, it's not a 'level field' at all.

Yes, I know of alot of rumours (wether there's truth or not is not my concern). I've talked to alot of competitors and self-proclaimed "insiders" since last summer. This is the main reason I make no intention on making any kind of competitive run in dBDrag. It wouldn't be worth what it costs. Not to mention that there haven't been dBDrags in this region in quite sometime.

No, I'm not gonna take offense to the loud comment, lol! :D

The last loud NY'ers were back in '01-02. Autogoboom - Jim from Underground Autosound put together an Extreme Van that broke 175.X on the old TL (Great at the time).

Since then, just about everyone around here runs IDBL.

I'll still use my own TL.

I hope this clears some of this up.

-Nick

My bad mis-read ur post...

At least people are realizing drag blows now lol

hell, it blew before.

-but-

it was (WAS) the most respected game in town. LoL

-Nick

this is why I guess I will build for SLAP and maybe NSPL, but NSPL has no events in the area, and IASCA and USACi have less than 3 with in an 8 hour drive so building to win would not be fun because collecting points would be very hard and $$$ and too much drive time for me, and I am praying that NSPL gets somer more events outside of SoCal and NC

Yegxactly..

I'm building to get loud and be legal. Not even going to try to chase tenths anymore.

Sa'dight though... should just be fun. You know, like it used to be.

-Nick

what about the ppl from IL?? hmmmm?? street a was won by a local guy(good friend of mine)...and i know of several others who finished real high, if not won their class...so why u dissin us??? :ready2go::finger:

don't make me come over there and........ :lol2:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

2005 Final Rules are posted.

Now I gotta buy two more amps to be competitive in street B. This is insane!! Street B scores are going to be aprocaching 158-160 DB. This is crazy...so much for a daily driver!

Now I gotta buy two more amps to be competitive in street B. This is insane!! Street B scores are going to be aprocaching 158-160 DB. This is crazy...so much for a daily driver!

yeah Wayne made the statement that Street is not for the normal entry level competitor, (or something liek that)

meaning he wants to disort it bad for the people with out the money,

heck you could be very experienced and just low on loot, the two should not co-inside with each other

And so much for my hopes of competing in dbdrag. I think I will just be happy with my system and not worry about competing as much.

Street B shouldnt cost $4000 which I'm sure your total of your equipment will be.

4 batteries too? sheesh.

What is really funny is the fact that they do unlimited amps in Street, SS, and Extreme but still leave the rules the same for Street Max... thats pretty dumb considering is just a glorified Street. I say just do unlimited amps all over the board lol.

There is a amp limit, its not unlimited.

You'll now need 4 huge amps to run off 1 batt. I have some idea's what Im going to do but the money to do it is just stupid. I'd own in MECA and I'd like to compete more...but DB Drag has way more shows so..im kinda stuck. I beleive I'll be buying more amps though.

Only one batt in street?

I don't think I will be competing then. I would rather have a stout electrical system and a nice daily driver than risk killing my vehicle from all of that amperage draw..

Yesh, one batt in street. You can get a few (2, maybe 3) burps off of a stoutly charged blue top... even with 500a+ draw.

testing on the Yellow 31's showed something like 800ah for 4 seconds iirc...

-Nick