mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Bought two more suits today.

Also pulled into the garage and seen a hole punched into the wall about a foot high shaped quite like a license plate. Funny how that works when women drive.

Nobody knows how a hole the exact size of a license plate wound up in the wall though. Everyone is totally shocked. I guess I'll blame it on one of the dogs.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

steak

I guess I'll blame it on one of the dogs.

Your dogs are big enough to require license plates? :D

One is named Bear and the other Shredder. I think they could get away with it :P

Crickets outside my house piss me off...

No bites in 1.25 hours of fishing this morning. :(

I've had to turn off avatars because of some people's (ahem) inappropriate-for-work pictures or animations (not that I'm really complaining). Now it's harder for me to tell who is talking, I'm used to just looking at avatars and knowing.

I've had avatars and sigs off for a couple months now

Yeah I've had sigs off ever since I started coming back here a few months ago. But I rather enjoyed the girl avatars :)

Oh god. I had one in the window well of my basement room in my mom's house when I went back there last week. Drove me crazy. I'd tap on the window and it'd shut up for a minute. Sometimes that was long enough for me to fall back asleep so I wouldn't notice it for a while and wake up again. Shoulda just went outside and stomped the damn thing.

One is named Bear and the other Shredder. I think they could get away with it :P

Somehow I know they aren't going to be the little tiny fluffy dog with a badass name like Bear and Shredder, I'm assuming the dog fits the name. :)

Oh god. I had one in the window well of my basement room in my mom's house when I went back there last week. Drove me crazy. I'd tap on the window and it'd shut up for a minute. Sometimes that was long enough for me to fall back asleep so I wouldn't notice it for a while and wake up again. Shoulda just went outside and stomped the damn thing.

I remember my roommate out there last summer waging war in his boxers and boots in the wee hours of the morning, cracked my shit up. :D

No bites in 1.25 hours of fishing this morning. :(

I've had to turn off avatars because of some people's (ahem) inappropriate-for-work pictures or animations (not that I'm really complaining). Now it's harder for me to tell who is talking, I'm used to just looking at avatars and knowing.

I've had avatars and sigs off for a couple months now

Yeah I've had sigs off ever since I started coming back here a few months ago. But I rather enjoyed the girl avatars :)

I've had sigs off for a long ass time, cleans the page up quite a bit.

it's really sad, most places here don't even have any decent beer, it's often just Bud, Bud Light, PBR, Heine, and Corona

found a long quote
I love blockquotes :)
great first scoot. i loved my 73 cb750k. easy to mod, easy to ride, though a little heavy and clumsy for the driving test if it's your first bike. though the 500 should be a bit lighter on it's feet. how much is he asking? in great shape, with that age, i'd expect somewhere in the $1200-1500 range.
He says a lot's been replaced in the last 1000mi, runs smooth, but is asking $1850 :( Which seems really steep for a Honda built in 1973, no matter what the condition is...I've got $900 free and clear right now, $1200 seems like a doable offer in a couple weeks.

$1850 is a bit steep. he's banking on people wanting the better fuel mileage. $1200 sounds like a good offer, but $900 is roughly half his asking, and that's where i always start.

good luck with that jim, that is a good bike to start on.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm going tomorrow to check out an '81 CB750 custom that the owner is willing to come down to my price...I guess I'll hear it first-hand to see how it runs (owner says it runs very well, and from the pictures I've seen does look extremely clean), but are there any tips for looking one over to be more sure of what I'm getting? Any places they like to leak, etc...where there are no fairings I'd imagine it's pretty hard or impossible to tell if it's ever been dropped over...

Thanks for the input so far. It's been a big help to kinda know I'm on the right track here :)

Pics and Vid of L7 Box being blown to peices to come Monday! :woot:

Somehow I know they aren't going to be the little tiny fluffy dog with a badass name like Bear and Shredder, I'm assuming the dog fits the name. :)

i have a dog named bear...

and he is a mean monster at 18lbs lol

i have a dog named bear...

and he is a mean monster at 18lbs lol

My dog is a ferocious bitch. She just likes to lick to tenderize you :)

Think I solved my exhaust problems and am going to come out with a better product for about the same price :woot:

if you've already voted you can vote once every 24 hours and you can use 2 different emails to vote

I got in a fight with a thorn bush... and lost

Tell me what you guys think of this idea. We have a Anemometer that measures air flow and to test and make sure we can match it with the calibration sheet I was thinking of taking a computer fan and sealing it to a piece of PVC then sticking the sensor for the anemometer into the side of the PVC to test the flow. Do you think the CFM rating for these fans are accurate enough to do something like this?

Also the fans are rated at 12 Volts vould I directly run it to a 12 volt battery just for testing purposes?

I'd only use the PC fan as a calibration standard if it gave you exact flow at exact voltage and even then I'd consider it a 20% number.

just made some killer potatoes. Special thanks goes to sean, without his advice they would have been good, but not great. Soaking them in sugar water really helps the browning, more than i would have imagined. Made my own seasoned salt too, i didn't do as many ingredients as most recipes call for but i wanted simple and hot. mostly just kosher salt, garlic salt (ran out of powder), cayenne pepper, chili powder, and paprika.

once the potatoes started to brown i threw in the onions directly on top of the potatoes and covered the pan. After the onions started to reduce i flipped them all and threw in a little of the salt. By the time it all finished the potatoes were golden, the onions were reduced but still crispy, it was heaven on a plate.

:boobs2::)