mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just about any game does that for me. Besides the crap games you gey with windows

Running WMP slows it down a considerable amount. Good reason i dont listen to music while browsing the internet

Easy to fix. Download Foobar. Much better than any Microsuck product, written by the guy who developed WinAmp after marketing took it over and allows you to convert, play and do about anything. The play mode doesn't stress the cpu at all.

Another side note for you rippers, if you aren't using Exact Audio Copy to convert to FLAC you are losing a lot of information and don't have good copies. WinAmp with a FLAC converter completely butchers non-perfect CD's. Need direction let me know.

Hey speaking of vinyl, I have to cover my tweeter pods (hopefully in the next couple of hours) and can easily stretch/glue the vinyl over the top, but don't know how to fixture it on the backside.

Here is a pic of the pod. To give you a size estimate the cutout is less than 2", the thickness of the plastic/glass/bondo sides are about a 1/4" thick. I just don't know how to terminate the vinyl around the outside or trim it.

What should I do?

post-967-1132238965_thumb.jpg

Edited by ///M5

D/l'd foobar. I like! Minimialistic, which makes me like it even more. Works great with the Mozilla FoxyTunes plug-in.

I've used Foobar for a while now, still trying to figure out how to adjust all the settings - it's really, really configurable which leads to a steep learning curve.

Morning.

I've used Foobar for a while now, still trying to figure out how to adjust all the settings - it's really, really configurable which leads to a steep learning curve.

Yep, but you can preset to your hearts delight.

How long before car/home players will play double layer DVD with FLAC do you think? From the reading I have done it seems like a logical next step.

Its pretty clean and knot free ply.

Dennis, if you just want to cover it up temporarily use some hot glue.

Did you get the plexi in yet ?

Do you want my router bit ?

I need a permanent adhesion.

Plexi should be arriving today. My splitters and ribbon elements arrived yday.

Hmm I'll let u know about the router bit later.

winamp vs. foobar, which would u rather use?

Foobar has all of the good of WinAmp and almost none of the bad. Just the marketing hype removed. Steeper learning curve though.

Sid Miers is a god eh?

How is Civ 4? I was thinking of grabb0ring it since I finished Black & White 2.

Oddly addicting ... I can't seem to stop playing :P

FYI, you need a lot of RAM ... Takes up 384 MB with 5 players halfway through the game ... I tried playing with 8 players and it was using up 425 MB of RAM and 3.86 GB of Page File by the 1600s (30-60 seconds between turns for my computer; 2500+ overclocked to 2035 MHz, 512 MB of PC333, highly overclocked GeForce4 MX440, overclocked AGP slot) :faintthud:

This is the only game I've had that has stressed my computer to a point where it's noticably slow ...

Aint no thang! My PC I built is at 1024mb of ram and a P4C clocked to 3.1ghz at a 1100 MHZ FSB and I have a GF 6800 for the graphical thingies.

Yes Foobar is nice, I have every play function assigned to hotkeys. I had to switch to it to use the 24/192 capabilities of my Teratec soundcard..... for when I try out raw .cda files that is :P

I am teh stoopid on computers.

I don't use hotkeys, my mouse has all the media buttons on it that I need :P

I've become so dependent on them that I get annoyed when I use a normal mouse.

I am the opposite, I can't stand to take my hands off the keyboard to touch a mouse. Still using the original Windows 3.1 shortcuts...XP still supports them. Might be one of the only things they haven't butchered on the way.

Can't figure out the dam "ADD REPLY" shortcut on this site though

well thank you, i have ugly feet and tired of people always seeing them

Well I dropped philosophy cuz I found out it's not one of my requirements. Gonna take Women Studies: Race and Ethnicity instead. Not sure this is a good thing or not.

well it sounds fine....so i'm going to let dave and jim listen to it this weekend, if they're around that is. If they hear that something is wrong i don't know where i'll go from there, the guy i bought it from is being quite cooperative, doens't appear to have been dropped...i'm thinking manu defect

Just email Nick...he will take care of it.

nick? from last weekend? it would be great to get this actually taken care of