mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

lol

i can always count on this thread for the entertainment

yea, i just found that... lol
We should get ahold of Adire and have them design us a subwoofer.  The SSA Special. 

What do I want?  A high efficiency (~95db/w/m), high excursion (25-28mm), low inductance (<1.25mH), mid Q (.35-.45), moderatley low Fs (<27hz), 18" subwoofer for IB use that'll work off of 500w or less for under $300.  Basically a higher excursion IDW18 with a few tweaks. 

Anybody in with me?!?

I haven't played with it to see how "realistic" this woofer is....but it sure sounds fun :D

:ohsnap:

Heard back from Adire......this is what they said they could do:

Fs: 22 Hz

Qms: 5.2

Qes: 0.42

Qts: 0.39

Vas: 670 liters

Sd: 1180 cm^2

Xmax: 28mm one way

SPL: 94.1 dB @ 1W, 1m

Re: 3.9 Ohms

Le: 1.5 mH

BL: 14 N/A

Mms: 152 grams

Cms: 0.35 mm/N

With a price tag of around $250 each for an order of 12 :woot:

Le came in a *little* high, but .25mH I ain't going to complain about :P Efficiency was only down .9db from what I was hoping.

Damn!! If I can find (atleast) 11 other people, I just might gosh darned do this!

Interesting, to say the least. OT: I love the way that they (Dan & Co.) plan drivers. VD would be proud, lol. Though, DW > VD far as i know. sorry. i'm loopy today. sick.

uhhh... Even IB, I dont have 23 cu. ft.

Do You know VC specs? (guage, dia., winding length, dual/single)?

and were those the estimated grpahs above?

I might be in for one.

I also think that I'll trash the conversations that I've had with Thilo.. that unloving bastard.

Actually yes, I do:

we'll use our 44 Magnum motor, 44mm thick top plate, XBL^2,

3" diameter voice coil, 180mm diameter magnets. It uses a 4 layer, copper clad aluminum wire, 3" diameter voice coil.

22 AWG wire, with a winding length of 33.5mm. Single 4ohm nominal coil.

And yes, the driver isn't built yet....so those would have to be estimated graphs.

And yeah....true IB would take some room. Toss one in a trunk and it will probably have some affect on the driver in an acoustic suspension sense......but not much.

And yes....so far Adire is great to deal with. Very friendly and extremely prompt response!

You'll have to count me out,I cant do a single 4 coil.

Nor can I do IB in a SUV.

yea, i just found that... lol
We should get ahold of Adire and have them design us a subwoofer.  The SSA Special. 

What do I want?  A high efficiency (~95db/w/m), high excursion (25-28mm), low inductance (<1.25mH), mid Q (.35-.45), moderatley low Fs (<27hz), 18" subwoofer for IB use that'll work off of 500w or less for under $300.  Basically a higher excursion IDW18 with a few tweaks. 

Anybody in with me?!?

I haven't played with it to see how "realistic" this woofer is....but it sure sounds fun :D

:ohsnap:

Le came in a *little* high, but .25mH I ain't going to complain about :P Efficiency was only down .9db from what I was hoping.

Damn!! If I can find (atleast) 11 other people, I just might gosh darned do this!

Interesting, to say the least. OT: I love the way that they (Dan & Co.) plan drivers. VD would be proud, lol. Though, DW > VD far as i know. sorry. i'm loopy today. sick.

uhhh... Even IB, I dont have 23 cu. ft.

Do You know VC specs? (guage, dia., winding length, dual/single)?

and were those the estimated grpahs above?

I might be in for one.

I also think that I'll trash the conversations that I've had with Thilo.. that unloving bastard.

Actually yes, I do:

3" diameter voice coil, 180mm diameter magnets. It uses a 4 layer, copper clad aluminum wire, 3" diameter voice coil.

22 AWG wire, with a winding length of 33.5mm. Single 4ohm nominal coil.

And yes, the driver isn't built yet....so those would have to be estimated graphs.

And yeah....true IB would take some room. Toss one in a trunk and it will probably have some affect on the driver in an acoustic suspension sense......but not much.

And yes....so far Adire is great to deal with. Very friendly and extremely prompt response!

You'll have to count me out,I cant do a single 4 coil.

Nor can I do IB in a SUV.

You can try!

LOL

I cant cut a hole in the floor, the gas tank is directly under it

T3h Canadians are getting angry ... :ohsnap:

It's

Time

To

Rage

Simma down now, Steve. Don't make us send you more awesome PMs :P

Octagon fight, but with pieces of whale blubber instead of fists, and the ring is made entirely of cabbage. The winner will be determined by a flatulence meter reading stink in parts per million. The loser must ingest the liquified fart after it is bottled in a perfume. Eau de anus.

I don't think the world is ready for such a revolutionary sport, Mark.

Octagon fight, but with pieces of whale blubber instead of fists, and the ring is made entirely of cabbage. The winner will be determined by a flatulence meter reading stink in parts per million. The loser must ingest the liquified fart after it is bottled in a perfume. Eau de anus.

:fart:

Im laughing my ass off at Let's see your ugly mug thread on CA. Those two are just tearing each other down.

I think thats the problem with that forum.

Everyone argues.

That's why I don't argue. Then everyone will know that I'm a real dumbass, not just yall.

What the fudge is that supposed to mean?

Do you want and are you asking me to kick your pucking ass out of here? I'll do it so fast it'll make your pucking head spin ...

Get off the pucking tracks before the train runs you over.

take it however u want. out of curiousity who are u?

ok n/m. jus got schooled. geesh steve. go and change names on me. cant do that to me. im not all that quick. and you do realize im jus messin w/ ya right?

:yaya:

Damn!!  If I can find (atleast) 11 other people, I just might gosh darned do this!

3" diameter voice coil, 180mm diameter magnets.  It uses a 4 layer, copper clad aluminum wire, 3" diameter voice coil.

22 AWG wire, with a winding length of 33.5mm.  Single 4ohm nominal coil.

And yeah....true IB would take some room.  Toss one in a trunk and it will probably have some affect on the driver in an acoustic suspension sense......but not much.

And yes....so far Adire is great to deal with.  Very friendly and extremely prompt response!

Thats a thick pucking top plate... alot of damned guassation.

That is a hefty VC... lotta power.

So, considering that I only have a (conventional) 8ish cubes in the car, I maybe able to use this driver (non-IB) and throw power at it to make up for it.

chit.

keep me advised, i might be in for one. if i can come up with money.

I cant cut a hole in the floor, the gas tank is directly under it

*Gas tank? We don't need no stinking gas tanks.* said in voice from Blazing Saddles

besides, the suburban should be able to handle 50 cubes sealed... :P

thats big enough to be ib

Morning.