mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hello Ryan M.

Hey Matt, I sure hope you have better luck than me finding a job with just a bachelor's in bio. I'm at 2.5 months on my job search and still no luck. I'm thinking about going back to school to get a masters now since there's no way I'd get into a pharmacy school. It's rather demoralizing, really.

What sort of job are you looking for?

Biotech. Working as a lab technician or something to that effect. However, the more and more I think about it, the more I'm starting to dislike biology. I'm thinking about going to get an MS in accountancy since I'm nerdy like that.

thanks dennis, i really hope there's room in that boat for another person, cause i'm on my way.

little party in the 'hop now I see.

where the eff did everyone go?

*scratches head*

*looks around*

Not a clue.

what color is JDM? it isn't acutally blue.... unless its a blueish/blackish....

There have to be a ton of those labs near you. Have you blind searched any companies you really want to work for?

Let me lay this on you a bit. At this point in your life you are cheap, therefore if you are mildly qualified for a position a firm probably wants you since they will not have to pay you as much. You can probably guess my recommendation next...go find where you want to work and help them hire you. When you put the word "tech" in a position, your price and capabilities really make you an effective way to get things done. You work for someone who is really into something, but do the things for him. Should be an easy fit and a spot with a very well defined growth path.

If you are having problems finding companies, finding contacts at companies, or want someone to read you resume feel free to PM me. I know that the economy isn't whipping right now, but it seems to me that in particular what you are looking to do shouldn't be. LA+ is also a pretty good bio-tech spot.

Anything in particular you are interested in to narrow the field? I'd start there as those companies should have a vested interest in you since you are already interested in what you can bring them.

damnit, I never remember that one but in th ehop I am not going to look it up.

n5176133321222957386vl4.jpg

I park the Silverado's the same across four parking stalls.

n5633902167046081129wm8.jpg

n5633902167046091406dr2.jpg

Special vests for special people. Like I need to stand out any more.

n5633902167046186238ts0.jpg

Dumb bitch would not shut the f!ck up the entire time we were there.

"Is my car ok??!"

Does it look like it's ok you idiot?

n5633902167250252586lb6.jpg

Cut my frigging finger deep cooking tonight. Bled like hell and still causing me to rebandage. The part that irks me is it wasn't with a knife, but emptying Italian tomatoes out of a can, the damn can edges were sharp.

n5176133321222957386vl4.jpg

I park the Silverado's the same across four parking stalls.

n5633902167046081129wm8.jpg

n5633902167046091406dr2.jpg

Special vests for special people. Like I need to stand out any more.

n5633902167046186238ts0.jpg

Dumb bitch would not shut the f!ck up the entire time we were there.

"Is my car ok??!"

Does it look like it's ok you idiot?

n5633902167250252586lb6.jpg

Holy hell. I didn't know you were a firemang.

"Is my car ok??!"

It'll buff out.

Nice pants BTW.

I remembered you did that, I might be asking for advice when I start EMT-B in September :)

"Is my car ok??!"

It'll buff out.

Nice pants BTW.

thank you ;)

I remembered you did that, I might be asking for advice when I start EMT-B in September :)

you're going to be an EMT?

Went out on the bay today in the 16 foot empire aluminum boat and drove by this boat...

0812071519a.jpg

To put the size into perspective there is a little dark dot below the stack of three brown crates... thats a person

Also had the weirdest thing happen.....

0812071530.jpg

This is the Fred Hartman bridge ( I think its one of the biggest in america) if I got any closer than this shot every picture I took would freeze up my phone then the picture would come out looking like scrambled blackness and it ONLY happenned when I was under the bridge my phone is taking pictures fine again. I also tried to save the messed up pictures but my phone would freeze again then go back to the camera mode

Edited by MKader17

Went out on the bay today in the 16 foot empire aluminum boat and drove by this boat...

0812071519a.jpg

To put the size into perspective there is a little dark dot below the stack of three brown crates... thats a person

That looks big. really big. and sort of big too.

There have to be a ton of those labs near you. Have you blind searched any companies you really want to work for?

Let me lay this on you a bit. At this point in your life you are cheap, therefore if you are mildly qualified for a position a firm probably wants you since they will not have to pay you as much. You can probably guess my recommendation next...go find where you want to work and help them hire you. When you put the word "tech" in a position, your price and capabilities really make you an effective way to get things done. You work for someone who is really into something, but do the things for him. Should be an easy fit and a spot with a very well defined growth path.

If you are having problems finding companies, finding contacts at companies, or want someone to read you resume feel free to PM me. I know that the economy isn't whipping right now, but it seems to me that in particular what you are looking to do shouldn't be. LA+ is also a pretty good bio-tech spot.

Anything in particular you are interested in to narrow the field? I'd start there as those companies should have a vested interest in you since you are already interested in what you can bring them.

To be honest, I'm not very particular about the type of lab tech work I'd do right now. It's too hard to be picky at this point. I'm having a hard time finding entry level positions that require little to no industry experience (i.e. recent college grads). I'll probably send you a PM sooner or later and really appreciate the offer to help.

I was just wondering, is it better to show up to the company buildings and apply in person or is it fine to apply online?

Thanks for the offer on the resume review, but I had a cousin in the business write it up for me :P

0812071519a.jpg

those things are huge, when we went deep sea fishing the captain would always get right next to them cause I guess the fish hang around there or something and they're HUGE. We probably saw 10-15 of them just anchored out in the Gulf

-John