mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

well I mean, there is something that you place the tubes in yes? I tried googling for the same setup you have but it only brings up the tubes not the block things that actually house the tubes. You see what I'm trying to say?

Blah .....farking 70 degrees out and I'm working :(

i tried to glass when it was almost below freezing. 6 days and it still hasn't cured :(

good thing it was just a small patch of fg and if i try to remove it it's not going to ruin too much.

Use a hair dryer or a heat gun on it . Below 60 degrees and it starts getting tricky with the mekp ratio and how much external heat you need :)

well I mean, there is something that you place the tubes in yes? I tried googling for the same setup you have but it only brings up the tubes not the block things that actually house the tubes. You see what I'm trying to say?

Oh, you mean the sockets?

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&WebPage_ID=3

PE sells a bunch...

Use a hair dryer or a heat gun on it . Below 60 degrees and it starts getting tricky with the mekp ratio and how much external heat you need :)

i tried the hair dryer.

maybe it was just another "too little mekp" episode :(

I need to something to back-up my work with, especially now that I have this dissertation moving along.

I remember external hard drives being mentioned in here a while back ... was it decided that Seagate would be recommended?

The external hard drives are simply just a bigger version than the little 512MB-8GB memory sticks/pen drives/etc., right?

FutureShop has a Compstar 320GB model on sale up here for $100 ($101.75 UDS, ha!). The Seagate 250GB model is $120.

Got someone to switch shifts with me, now I don't have to drive through Houston at 11PM :woot:

Surprised there are no posts or threads mentioning the shock of the results.
I really, really don't mean to come off harsh to you, but if we're over here, don't you think there's a reason why we might not give a chit about what happens over there? :)
Cool, what's the item used to house the tubes though?
Not sure what you mean by that...

You can not honestly tell me that you have no opinion on the results. You just made a post which implied your views under the 'new mods' thread.

I need to something to back-up my work with, especially now that I have this dissertation moving along.

I remember external hard drives being mentioned in here a while back ... was it decided that Seagate would be recommended?

The external hard drives are simply just a bigger version than the little 512MB-8GB memory sticks/pen drives/etc., right?

FutureShop has a Compstar 320GB model on sale up here for $100 ($101.75 UDS, ha!). The Seagate 250GB model is $120.

If youre just backing up your work then a USB 2.0 drive will work jsut fine :D

I got my 200gb segate for $89 after tax and rebate. Works just fine.

DSCN2167.jpg

inductors should be 90* off axis, you live ya learn

and as far apart as possible ;)

Surprised there are no posts or threads mentioning the shock of the results.
I really, really don't mean to come off harsh to you, but if we're over here, don't you think there's a reason why we might not give a shit about what happens over there? :)
Cool, what's the item used to house the tubes though?
Not sure what you mean by that...

Hell I don't even know of what results you speak...and please don't fill me in.

Not on their website yet, but in the new PE catalog they have a Dayton 8" HF. Too bad they didn't start with the HO.

You can not honestly tell me that you have no opinion on the results. You just made a post which implied your views under the 'new mods' thread.

Who, me? :P

I think for the most part I agree with the choices made. I think. Not re-electing Steve should be a crime, though.

It'll stay a cesspool regardless of good or bad moderation, because it's lacking an admin that gives a shit. Nothing will change unless that does...

Jim the page doesn't load, I get a 404 but I think you understand what I'm trying to say ^_^

Jim the page doesn't load, I get a 404 but I think you understand what I'm trying to say ^_^

Just search for "tube sockets" on there. They have 8-pin, 9-pin, 4-pin...pretty much all the common ones.

Got me curious though, what are you building/replacing? :)

I agree, steveo should have stayed on. But oh well. A bunch of the CA mods chat in here anyway.

Got someone to switch shifts with me, now I don't have to drive through Houston at 11PM :woot:

Better 11 then any other time, rush hour is from 5 to 10 usually.

And thats 5 in the morning until' 10 at night

Edited by MKader17

I think for the most part I agree with the choices made. I think. Not re-electing Steve should be a crime, though.

It'll stay a cesspool regardless of good or bad moderation, because it's lacking an admin that gives a chit. Nothing will change unless that does...

And sadly that may be true. I'm not sure i agree with all the choices, including possibly myself. But i'm happy to do the job and will do my best to fulfill the requisite duties to the best of my abilities. I find myself spending much more time lurking here and on diyma lately, however. Something i was not counting on. But i needed information and these two sites are much more robust.

I will be trying to start more technical discussions over there as i work on my SQ build and hope some of the members who have disbanded will join, perhaps we can set a good example. At any rate, i will always come to this site when i want civil discussion and a fantastic resource.

It'll stay a cesspool regardless of good or bad moderation, because it's lacking an admin that gives a chit. Nothing will change unless that does...

And sadly that may be true. I'm not sure i agree with all the choices, including possibly myself. But i'm happy to do the job and will do my best to fulfill the requisite duties to the best of my abilities. I find myself spending much more time lurking here and on diyma lately, however. Something i was not counting on. But i needed information and these two sites are much more robust.

I will be trying to start more technical discussions over there as i work on my SQ build and hope some of the members who have disbanded will join, perhaps we can set a good example. At any rate, i will always come to this site when i want civil discussion and a fantastic resource.

The italicized sentences are always good to hear. :)

I don't even know who you are there. :woot: for the bold.