mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

the kenney bell set up for the 5.4 would put a little oomph in the system. I think it's under 4 K too....

so tempting. Anyone know how hard to bolt it on? I have a mechanic friend who can help.

yeah but if you're gonna do that you might as well put new cams and forged pistons into it as well :eek5wavey:

The pistons aren't the weak spots in the mod motors, it's the powder cast metal rods. Besides, they're more than capable of handling boost if tuned correctly and you are using the proper fuel. Cams are pretty much pointless on them unless going NA, or you are looking for all the power you can get.

twas as I was thinking.... I haven't heard much about the rods though.. good to know.

What do you think the max HP through boost I could put through that engine without damaging the engine.

I would have to use a higher octaine I supose. I didn't think of that. could hurt at the pump.... if I drove gently do you think I could eek out better MPG though?

the kenney bell set up for the 5.4 would put a little oomph in the system. I think it's under 4 K too....

so tempting. Anyone know how hard to bolt it on? I have a mechanic friend who can help.

yeah but if you're gonna do that you might as well put new cams and forged pistons into it as well :eek5wavey:

why do you say this?

Because he's misinformed.

lul Cold hard trooth!

You got that check yet Ryan? :)

Check? What check? It was supposed to be a MO. I hope you have money in the bank. fing05.gif

I do have plenty of money in that account, plus there is even overdraft protection on there so you won't have a problem getting your money from that check. :)

Something came up and it was way easier to do the personal check rather than a damn postal money order. I'm not worried about you running away with my money or changing the check. :)

The pistons aren't the weak spots in the mod motors, it's the powder cast metal rods. Besides, they're more than capable of handling boost if tuned correctly and you are using the proper fuel. Cams are pretty much pointless on them unless going NA, or you are looking for all the power you can get.

twas as I was thinking.... I haven't heard much about the rods though.. good to know.

What do you think the max HP through boost I could put through that engine without damaging the engine.

I would have to use a higher octaine I supose. I didn't think of that. could hurt at the pump.... if I drove gently do you think I could eek out better MPG though?

KB will reflash the ECU, and will require premium. I can tell you that your mileage will be hurt a little bit as they run a very conservative tunes which translates to a rich mixture to avoid detonation and/or going lean. Boost-wise, I'd get the 6lb kit and be done. Should put you over 400 easily at the crank, be very livable, and not eat too much fuel.

The pistons aren't the weak spots in the mod motors, it's the powder cast metal rods. Besides, they're more than capable of handling boost if tuned correctly and you are using the proper fuel.

Hooray, I learned something today! :woot:

Something came up and it was way easier to do the personal check rather than a damn postal money order. I'm not worried about you running away with my money or changing the check. :)

Dammit, I've been caught. . . I'll let you know when it arrives.

Screw=roots=positive displacement blower.

they make a big deal about screw > roots.

I get confused with all the propeganda, normaly though the "roots" style are effing huge. I wanted to still close my hood lol

*urinates on centrifugal blowers*

they remind me of some retarded shitty turbo. Not suited for my heavy truck thats for sure.

They have their place. I sure as hell wouldn't put a roots on something like an S2000. I'd run out of boost halfway through the NA plant's redline.

Now a 4V modular, I wouldn't hesitate to install either one on.

As for the roots vs screw debate, like I said, they are both positive displacement units, and they both compress air the same way, via screw rotors. Some people like to have their own names. I've run into people who get upset when I call a centrifugal a blower. Then have this idea in their head that it's a supercharger and not a blower. They're the same damn thing.

On a side note, everyone here pretty much knows my hatred for anything Chrysler, but today at work I saw a Lime Green Charger R/T Daytona just like this one (minus the wing), and I must say, I was enamored with it. A very striking automobile! And I love green, so that only helped.

gallery_156_180_39464.jpg

Wow... sitting on a couch, watching Road House and cleaning a pair of boots...

I have come to really like the LX platform.

If I was 10 years younger I would have bought a Charger R/T, but I opted for the mafia mobile instead.

Well, the Marauder I was hoping to steal has sold. Guess I'll go back to my original plan.

Fine ... beer opened and in hand.

I had to give in to peer pressure.

On the phone with Instron, feeling I'm not going anywhere...

A couple of my employees used to be technical application engineers there, what do you need?

Perhaps a non-K Bell option would be sweet. Ryan would be the one to ask though on the mod motors.