LQ9 is Deisel, right?

Nope, it's the higher compression 6.0L

LQ4 is the lower compression one

too bad I can't yank out my 5.3, sell it to ya and drop in a 6.0 for myself

too bad I can't yank out my 5.3, sell it to ya and drop in a 6.0 for myself

you could..... ;)

God damnit Michael Moore is a fucking prick

old news obviously but still

what do you all think the most power I could squeeze out of the 5.4 2v in the 97 expedition?

the W gave me permission to go nuts pretty much. I just can't find too many people who have built it up. I have been looking at the race car dynamics suspension kit and then tires and wheels but I wanted to really shove a ton of horses in the hood more than anything else.

anyone know of a good place to read up on mod engine builds for that engine?

Contact Al Poppito on corral.net. He's a 5.4 god. Truthfully, I think you're wasting your time. There's really no sense in dumping a ton of money into an Expedition to make a ton of power unless you have money just to throw away. It's just going to eat more fuel, it will never handle well, and aside from stomping some surprised street racers or being abnormal on the dragstrip, what's the point?

If you want to do it and go balls out, get a 4V Navi engine, or get 3 or 4 valve heads and bolt them onto you block. I'd also get a forged bottom end, then throw whatever power adder you want on it, and get ready to start rebuilding trannies. :drink40:

what do you all think the most power I could squeeze out of the 5.4 2v in the 97 expedition?

the W gave me permission to go nuts pretty much. I just can't find too many people who have built it up. I have been looking at the race car dynamics suspension kit and then tires and wheels but I wanted to really shove a ton of horses in the hood more than anything else.

anyone know of a good place to read up on mod engine builds for that engine?

It's all a matter of how much you want to spend. Could you get 1000+ hp in that thing? Sure, if you're willing to pay for it.

There's also the question of what he's trying to do with it, why he wants the extra power...is it "just because" or is there something you want to do that it's not cutting the mustard for?

I think back to the Unimog...HP ain't everything ;)

so true.

More TQ is the real goal. HP comes with that though. I am mainly doing it for fun. Instead of buying a 3rd car to play with, I really do love driving the expedition. I would really like to be able to pull past fuck sticks on the highway too. lol. It's not a slow truck, but 10.2 second 0-60 isn't blistering by any means. It's not really the most friendly for off road. I haul tons of shit, probably a boat next year. Maybe a bit off light off roading.

so really... because I can, and I had a bit of extra money come my way tax free.

=P

...HP ain't everything ;)

TQ is :P

word hommie.

I'm not looking to get top speed. Just pull harder.

...HP ain't everything ;)

TQ is :P

Torque and RPM range :drink40:

fa9102834550bb74f2a97fc5cb056b36.png

Just throw a blower on it and be done with it, or find a used late-model Lightning engine to drop-in.

I'm seriously not doing sh!t tonight.... Need to pack more....

Just throw a blower on it and be done with it, or find a used late-model Lightning engine to drop-in.

Stick the Lightning engine in a Fiesta

Arriba!

:turkey:

so really... because I can, and I had a bit of extra money come my way tax free.

=P

Save it for a rainy day or retirement.

=P

Save it for a rainy day or retirement.

x2. It will be needed.

Speaking of rainy day. I tested the Saturn's e-brake today in some wet parking lots.... It works :D

I tested the Saturn's e-brake today in some wet parking lots.... It works :D

I remember those days ... they still happen once in a while, but now it involves a lot more smoke :P

BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH

BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSHBOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH

BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSHBOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSHBOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH BOOSH

I tested the Saturn's e-brake today in some wet parking lots.... It works :D

I remember those days ... they still happen once in a while, but now it involves a lot more smoke :P

I can't afford the smoke right now :)

Phelps got his 8th gold. Amazing feat. 31 of the US's 57 medals so far have been in swimming. wow.

someone want to fill me in on wtf happened with dave?