mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

If your going 5.3 you might as well bump up to 6.0.

Then that also bumps up the price tag a couple of thousand...

If your going 5.3 you might as well bump up to 6.0.

Then that also bumps up the price tag a couple of thousand...

I wouldn't say a couple thousand unless your buying a brand new block I guess, but your right cheap 5.3s are much easier to come by then cheap 6.0s

Its ok, I tried to convince Tom to do the 6.0 when he was down here. :)

So the item I got on ebay was a refurb and not BRAND NEW in box as described. The question I asked seller went unanswered, Never provided shipping information but did get to me in a descent time frame.

Sound like enough for a neutral feedback?

Can a refurb really be brand new in box though?

Tom, Have you considered dropping a 5.7 LS1? it seems kind of fitting. If your going 5.3 you might as well bump up to 6.0.

Are you going to be running some kind of EFI?

you're looking at 1500+ for a LS1, and 2000+ for a 6.0L from a junkyard while you can get a 5.3 for 500-600

nope, carb

Does SSA have a member map?

I think we used to... wonder what happened to that

what do you all think the most power I could squeeze out of the 5.4 2v in the 97 expedition?

the W gave me permission to go nuts pretty much. I just can't find too many people who have built it up. I have been looking at the race car dynamics suspension kit and then tires and wheels but I wanted to really shove a ton of horses in the hood more than anything else.

anyone know of a good place to read up on mod engine builds for that engine?

what do you all think the most power I could squeeze out of the 5.4 2v in the 97 expedition?

the W gave me permission to go nuts pretty much. I just can't find too many people who have built it up. I have been looking at the race car dynamics suspension kit and then tires and wheels but I wanted to really shove a ton of horses in the hood more than anything else.

It's all a matter of how much you want to spend. Could you get 1000+ hp in that thing? Sure, if you're willing to pay for it.

even at the Olympic level, badminton is a stupid looking sport

Can a refurb really be brand new in box though?

Lets just say if you know it a refurb and you don't mention it, you're just trying to be shady

Tom, Have you considered dropping a 5.7 LS1? it seems kind of fitting. If your going 5.3 you might as well bump up to 6.0.

Are you going to be running some kind of EFI?

you're looking at 1500+ for a LS1, and 2000+ for a 6.0L from a junkyard while you can get a 5.3 for 500-600

nope, carb

I got ya. I wasn't to keen on the pricing. Carb is going to make that shit alot easier

The rain is really cramping my style. There is so much good sh!t I could be getting done outside but I hate working in this humidity

man it aint that bad outside lol

me and u were just out there catchin crawfish lol

good times

have caught those lil guys in a while

post up those pics mike lol

had a slight hangover this morning

went and ate some lunch with mike and his dad

dad was askin us all sorts of questions about what we did last night lol

uh

we worked on our vehicles last night lol

im now feelin alot better

Done with the Suburban...fresh shoes and pads, machined drums, and we went ahead and chassis lubed it while we had the tires off. Should be worlds better...

It's all a matter of how much you want to spend. Could you get 1000+ hp in that thing? Sure, if you're willing to pay for it.

There's also the question of what he's trying to do with it, why he wants the extra power...is it "just because" or is there something you want to do that it's not cutting the mustard for?

I think back to the Unimog...HP ain't everything ;)

Pretty sure we had an LQ9 conversation as weell.

Pretty sure we had an LQ9 conversation as weell.

Probably :P