mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Damn it Tom. You got me looking into the Mini Baja (not that your entering it but it reminded me of it). Polaris is a big sponsor and I am very familiar with their parts and designs. Our school did it before and I would love to be a part of it and do it again.

Engine must be a 10HP Briggs and Stratton. I am thinking a light weight CVT setup up with the driven clutch connected to a set of chain and sprockets. Offers an easy switch of gearing, its a lot lighter than having a big Poolaris gear box and drive shafts.

Only problem is I think some run 4wd. Would be hard to run a chain to the front of the machine... I also loose reverse but the best vehicles never have reverse

I have spent a ton of time in Polaris buildings.

I've spent a ton of time in pig buildings, does that count? :)

I've spent a ton of time in buildings, do I win anything?

Damn it Tom. You got me looking into the Mini Baja (not that your entering it but it reminded me of it). Polaris is a big sponsor and I am very familiar with their parts and designs. Our school did it before and I would love to be a part of it and do it again.

Engine must be a 10HP Briggs and Stratton. I am thinking a light weight CVT setup up with the driven clutch connected to a set of chain and sprockets. Offers an easy switch of gearing, its a lot lighter than having a big Poolaris gear box and drive shafts.

Only problem is I think some run 4wd. Would be hard to run a chain to the front of the machine... I also loose reverse but the best vehicles never have reverse

lies

What do you think of them? Having owned and worked on numerous of there ATV's I think they could put more effort into making the bikes fit together better. In a Honda the engine,clutching,transmission is all in one case while the Sportsman engine, CVT, Transmission is all very different pieces. A little apples to oranges but they could do better. Also not a fan of McPherson struts...

thinking maybe of just getting something really fing hot and diluting it with water

Franks Red Hot definitely isn't hot

nope, but at 89 cents a bottle its the cheapest thing on the shelf (store brand included)

reminds me of slightly spicy pizza sauce; definitely not my style...chile pepper based hot sauces ftmfw

five ounces of this

31xA1egfkbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mixed with five ounces of this

Tgps_1_large.jpg

Heaven in a bottle

mix both together with a little butter, grilled chicken and shredded cheddar and you have some killer quesadillas

I think this new avatar suits me much better

what is it?

What do you think of them? Having owned and worked on numerous of there ATV's I think they could put more effort into making the bikes fit together better. In a Honda the engine,clutching,transmission is all in one case while the Sportsman engine, CVT, Transmission is all very different pieces. A little apples to oranges but they could do better. Also not a fan of McPherson struts...

I have no use for a 4 wheeler. :P

I am curious as to why you see it as an advantage that the honduh is all in one case.

five ounces of this

31xA1egfkbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mixed with five ounces of this

Tgps_1_large.jpg

Heaven in a bottle

will try!

I have no use for a 4 wheeler. :P

I am curious as to why you see it as an advantage that the honduh is all in one case.

Weight savings, aesthetic and ergonomically pleasing. The front drive shaft has to turn around the engine which makes an extra point for a u-joint to fail, in the Honda it comes out damn near straight so no extra strain/ drivetrain loss. With ATV's I like the KISS method more like the KISR method. Keep it Simple and Reliable. The On-Demand 4wd system is nifty but really usless when you can just use "on the fly" 4wd method w/ a lockable front end.

I'm probably rambling about shit you really don't care about lol

what is it?

For those who don't have avatars on:

av-3267.jpg

Tabasco Chipotle works great with Cholula Chili Garlic too

I realized that I would probably be REALLY happy as a Polaris Engineer

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

Canon 50d or Nikon D90, hmm

I'd go nikon if I were you. I'd personally probably go Canon though, as I already have a bunch of glass for it.

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

unless i'm reading that wrong, what are you trying to achieve?

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp

lies

ya.... yetis live in caves :(

so fucking awake.... went to sleep at 5pm. Well i crashed at 5pm, now i'm 100% awake and don't have to get up for another 2.5hrs