mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Canon 50d or Nikon D90, hmm

I'd go nikon if I were you. I'd personally probably go Canon though, as I already have a bunch of glass for it.

The only glass I have is for my AE1. Always been a Canon fan, but the price point and options do have me leaning towards the Nikon.

Nikon seems to have a lot more frilly options.

And almost all the same camera options, but $300 less plus their lenses are cheaper for what people would actually need. Perhaps I am noob'd into thinking about this all wrong though.

<-- knows nearly nothing about camera's

Yeah, dunno if I could live in MN

I definitely couldn't live in MN

I could live in Texas easier than MN, but by choice I wouldn't live in either.

Yeah, dunno if I could live in MN

I definitely couldn't live in MN

Have you actually visited?

I've liked MN while I was up there, but no way I could live up there for a whole winter.

Damnit, airline calls time to board the plane again. :(

I've liked MN while I was up there, but no way I could live up there for a whole winter.

QFT

Its fun for the first week or so but then it gets annoying

i think he was sick

but i thought he was gettin better

i dunno

The cold is what would get me as well. Actually thats the only thing besides being really far away from friends and family.

<--- knows nothing about cameras as well, just basics.

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

Are you wanting to do a single range, ( with a chain & sprockets ), that has the ratio of the above?

There are several events including Acceleration Trials, Hill Climb, Skid Pull, and an endurance race (the big event). I'm hoping that with a CVT and sprocket setup I will be able to easily change things to adapt to the event, (not sure if that is legal though)

The gear ratios I pulled up are standard gearbox and rear differential ratios, which was my starting point

something thats been bugging me...why are all these fancy sports cars like the Vettes and Vipers...have big ole steamrollers in the rear and skinny little doughnuts out front...can't be good for corners, can it?

great for acceleration.... not sure how the physics for cornering would be affected, i suppose that matters a lot on the suspension and weight distribution.

on another note....house drinks grolsch

great for acceleration....

No doubt, just didn't know if it did anything for handling, seeing as most of these are "sports cars" and not "muscle cars" :shrug:

"Nearly 90% of the homeowners in Mountain House, CA owe more on their mortgages than their house is worth. "

:ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap: :ohsnap:

And another day gone...........wasted more or less. last night was good.

today was more blah

I don't really notice the winters. Sure there are days that transition to cold and you bitch at those, but once it settles out you hardly notice. It does make you do things inside for a couple months, but the opposite also happens. People are WAY more active once it is nice because of the seasons.

And most importantly, we have lakes. I luv's tha watah.