way too many people in the IHOP at this hour

five ounces of this

31xA1egfkbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mixed with five ounces of this

Tgps_1_large.jpg

Heaven in a bottle

omg, Cholula is orgasmotacular

x10000000 it's right up there with A1 in my book

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

unless i'm reading that wrong, what are you trying to achieve?

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp

x2 :+1:

not exactly following you here

i had my crappy duals (150 bucks) stolen from my gti. then i upgraded to............2 PG 1200 watt amps and 2 L7 kickers and bolted them to ther floor and for the amps i screwd a washer and a razor blade to the bottom on the box so when thy tryed to lift they got cut. it all worked out and they found the kids that did it because a trip to the hospital.

i had my crappy duals (150 bucks) stolen from my gti. then i upgraded to............2 PG 1200 watt amps and 2 L7 kickers and bolted them to ther floor and for the amps i screwd a washer and a razor blade to the bottom on the box so when thy tryed to lift they got cut. it all worked out and they found the kids that did it because a trip to the hospital.

That's pretty ingenious :bigclap:

yea, in this fucking country he probably got sued for the medical bills though.

not sure if anyone remembers this, but about a month or so ago there was an old bitch that started shit with minji for not walking her dog on a leash.

Apparently someone hit miniji's mercedes last night and cracked the bumper, she got a call from the cops and she's pretty sure it was the old bitch.....

well shit, still managed to sleep through my first class. I really must stop this

Damn it Tom. You got me looking into the Mini Baja (not that your entering it but it reminded me of it). Polaris is a big sponsor and I am very familiar with their parts and designs. Our school did it before and I would love to be a part of it and do it again.

Engine must be a 10HP Briggs and Stratton. I am thinking a light weight CVT setup up with the driven clutch connected to a set of chain and sprockets. Offers an easy switch of gearing, its a lot lighter than having a big Poolaris gear box and drive shafts.

Only problem is I think some run 4wd. Would be hard to run a chain to the front of the machine... I also loose reverse but the best vehicles never have reverse

I have spent a ton of time in Polaris buildings.

What do you think of them? Having owned and worked on numerous of there ATV's I think they could put more effort into making the bikes fit together better. In a Honda the engine,clutching,transmission is all in one case while the Sportsman engine, CVT, Transmission is all very different pieces. A little apples to oranges but they could do better. Also not a fan of McPherson struts...

I have no use for a 4 wheeler. :P

I am curious as to why you see it as an advantage that the honduh is all in one case.

Weight savings, aesthetic and ergonomically pleasing. The front drive shaft has to turn around the engine which makes an extra point for a u-joint to fail, in the Honda it comes out damn near straight so no extra strain/ drivetrain loss. With ATV's I like the KISS method more like the KISR method. Keep it Simple and Reliable. The On-Demand 4wd system is nifty but really usless when you can just use "on the fly" 4wd method w/ a lockable front end.

I'm probably rambling about shit you really don't care about lol

The weight savings part I agree with however the KISS would say to actually have them separate. Easier to optimize both, service either,. and the design process doesn't get too many different groups arguing over real estate. Do U-joints fail all that often in 4 wheelers? Not sure I'd care about on demand 4wd either, use it or don't.

I realized that I would probably be REALLY happy as a Polaris Engineer

Except that the 4 wheeler group is up in Roseau, MN. Not sure you'd like living there.

Canon 50d or Nikon D90, hmm

I'd go nikon if I were you. I'd personally probably go Canon though, as I already have a bunch of glass for it.

The only glass I have is for my AE1. Always been a Canon fan, but the price point and options do have me leaning towards the Nikon.

five ounces of this

31xA1egfkbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

mixed with five ounces of this

Tgps_1_large.jpg

Heaven in a bottle

omg, Cholula is orgasmotacular

x10000000 it's right up there with A1 in my book

What do you use A1 for??

Of course, you could probably pull off living in Wyoming MN at their new tech center as well. Much closer to society.

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

unless i'm reading that wrong, what are you trying to achieve?

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp

x2 :+1:

not exactly following you here

The CVT transmission takes care of the "gears" so most ATV's have a Gearcase with H/L/N/R then an output shaft to a rear differential. I want to skip the gearcase and rear differential completely by just using sprockets to achieve my gear ratio. I will lose the ability to have a L/N/R. Reverse being most important but I will also lose a substantial amount of weight and the ability to just switch sprockets for a different gear ratio. It will also be much cheaper.

That being said, the "transmission" Polaris shows in their parts list has a gear ratio of 2.68:1 in high range, and the rear differential has a ratio of 3.10:1. I was just curious what the overall gear reduction between those 2 equaled. (What big sprocket and little sprocket I would need to achieve the same ratio)

Go find out when Mini Baja has their meetings and go talk with them. Just remember that your the new guy and be receptive of their ideas and input your own without trying to stomp on their toes. ;)

Canon 50d or Nikon D90, hmm

I'd go nikon if I were you. I'd personally probably go Canon though, as I already have a bunch of glass for it.

The only glass I have is for my AE1. Always been a Canon fan, but the price point and options do have me leaning towards the Nikon.

Nikon seems to have a lot more frilly options.

Go find out when Mini Baja has their meetings and go talk with them. Just remember that your the new guy and be receptive of their ideas and input your own without trying to stomp on their toes. ;)

I'm pretty sure they have all graduated they did the mini baja the year before I came to Lamar

are you insinuating that I am a toe stomper!?! :lol:

While Ivies like Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are bleeding endowment money in the market downturn, their graduating seniors are facing a decimated job market upon graduation. What to do? "Prompted by inequalities in American society

I'm pretty sure they have all graduated they did the mini baja the year before I came to Lamar

are you insinuating that I am a toe stomper!?! :lol:

Here at K-State every year or so they people in 'charge' of the teams change as people graduate and what not, but the main professor that 'oversees' it stays the same. It is a continual team that never really finishes they just compete, down for a month or two then start building on next years again, they have an area down in the ME shop area that is dedicated to them and that is where they keep their tools and have meetings and what not. The same goes for steel bridge, concrete canoe, formula car, and solar car as well.

Just remember, there are quirky little pain in the arse rules to every collegiate competition, and although it may not be the best way to do things, they have to be followed. ;)

Just remember to find someone who can weld that is on the team.