mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

Woot!! That happened sooner than I expected. :)

The plan is to tear the car apart at the beginning of the summer and have it done by the end of it

Josh's might be done by then

what's the current status of that?

He had to pull the motor 3 different times and finally has that mess worked out.

The headliner is in, he is finishing the deadening and window adjustments this weekend. In a couple weeks it goes back to the paint booth to re-do what isn't perfect. And it should be driving on the road here in a few weeks.

I gave up helping since it seemed like he would only work when I came over. He finally got over that and attacked it, so it might actually get finished.

wow, hopefully it'll be done soon

He is really particular, so hopefully it will be driveable soon. Finished is at least a year away. Take notes, don't do everything at once. The way you are building yours makes WAY more sense to me. :)

heh, I just want to be able to drive it and not have it out of commission for several years

and really, I got extremely lucky with mine. It hasn't been hacked up at all so I don't have to deal with anyone else's mess

*smacks bassahaulic for no real particular reason*

:glare:

friendly smack, mind you

Oh, well alright then! :P

sry to hear that man!what year max did you have?

'00 SE. it was on its 3rd tranny within 2 years/40k miles

Chillin in a hotel room in Wichita, teh woman is in the shower. :)

I'll be there Monday night :)

In Ryan2's hotel room while his woman is taking a shower???

Maybe with his woman in the shower?!

sry to hear that man!what year max did you have?

'00 SE. it was on its 3rd tranny within 2 years/40k miles

dang

well i got a 98' SE auto with a lil over 70k and its all good knock on wood

really dont have many complaints about the nissans we own.

Maybe with his woman in the shower?!

FTW! :dancing:

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

Woot!! That happened sooner than I expected. :)

The plan is to tear the car apart at the beginning of the summer and have it done by the end of it

Josh's might be done by then

what's the current status of that?

He had to pull the motor 3 different times and finally has that mess worked out.

The headliner is in, he is finishing the deadening and window adjustments this weekend. In a couple weeks it goes back to the paint booth to re-do what isn't perfect. And it should be driving on the road here in a few weeks.

I gave up helping since it seemed like he would only work when I came over. He finally got over that and attacked it, so it might actually get finished.

wow, hopefully it'll be done soon

He is really particular, so hopefully it will be driveable soon. Finished is at least a year away. Take notes, don't do everything at once. The way you are building yours makes WAY more sense to me. :)

heh, I just want to be able to drive it and not have it out of commission for several years

And in the end yours can be just as nice or nicer. Personally I think his idea of doing the body work first was fucking stupid. Told him that from the get go, but he wanted it all done at once since that is how builders do it. Conveniently for him it is a "bolt on" car as nothing is custom which would require a different order. Either way I'd do mechanicals completely then take it apart and paint/detail.

Thanks to some turkeys I now have 4 deep scratches on the roof of the heep. All the way down to metal :(

hunt them down and eat them, turkeys are really annoying birds (though not as mean as geese).

:biggun:

Used to have geese,..those little suckers would ATTACK me!!! ...

It hurt when they pecked at my legs >_< ,...little buggers,

When I was a young pup of about 3 years old I was attacked by a flock of geese. I was physically and emotionally scarred for many years.....

Things can be worse, you could have been attacked by a chicken :lol:

http://www.noob.us/humor/karate-kid-vs-chicken/

that's a large chicken!

the storm lake match barrel found it's new home, the roomie's new 21sf arrived, sadly my p345 is STILL back ordered :(

CIMG0009.jpg

CIMG0010-1.jpg

2nd amendment t0p! :bigclap:

i must point out how much classier i think the glocks look slimmed down with a 1/4" of stainless barrel poking out the end.

I got a new fish yesterday, an otocinclus, a dwarf algae-eating catfish. He was free from my friend who works at the pet store because of the 50 or so they got in a few days ago, only about 3 survived. So they had already gotten credit back for all of them. Bonus! Not that they're really expensive, like $3.

What size tank do you have?

small one, like 6 gallons. The otocinclus only grows to maybe 1.5", and other than that I just have two red tetras that I've had in there for like 8 months. They're also only about 1.5". I just have a small algae problem (have to scrape the glass about every month) because the only place in my townhouse for my tank is in my room and it gets quite a bit of light. Plus I don't have any live plants in there, though a few of those like mini lili pads were in the bag with the oto, so if they multiply then that'll help cut down the nitrogen. But I got the oto because I was bored with the same two fish and thought maybe he'd help my algae. I have some small snails in there, too, but they don't really do anything to it.

That is how I started out and worked up to a 300gal reef tank. Couple of years ago I down sized to a 150gal. This was a bad habbit for me for many years. I still have a brand new 400gal sitting empty.

wow that's huge. Would be pretty awesome to have a saltwater tank though, especially with living reefs. Just a lot of maintenance I imagine. And I've come to realize that fish are ok pets, great because you don't have to take them outside or watch them all day, but they aren't very interactive, obviously, haha. So it's not too much more than just owning a plant as far as companionship.

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

What makes them a bitch? Do they have the bolts instead of lug nuts? The holes seem small, but that's what thin-wall sockets are for :).

*smacks bassahaulic for no real particular reason*

Random much? :Doh:

~drop kicks penguins door~

ah damn the weekend is over.

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

What makes them a bitch? Do they have the bolts instead of lug nuts? The holes seem small, but that's what thin-wall sockets are for :).

I thought directional tread + different sizes + big rims would make them a bitch but as Sean pointed out no rotation is necessary, so I'm not even going to worry about it...