mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Oh, and dB sometime just for yourself get some of the Bristol Bay Crab legs. Cooked & Frozen on the boat. Only frozen ONCE as well, most other king crab legs are frozen/thawed at least 5 times. It makes a HUGE difference.

I shall remember this sir!

I dunno about this year. My grandma is on her way out and they are measuring time in weeks..... And if she goes I don't forsee grandpa really wanting to hang out for much longer either.

That would make some 6 funerals this year, and after the 2 this week, I'm all done with greif.

I'll share some so you don't feel so alone. Got a call today from my mom, she said my aunt that beat breast cancer 7-8 years ago has cancer again. This time it's in her lungs, blood, lymph nodes, and bones, and is terminal. I guess the only thing they can do is give her a little bit of treatment to keep it from going to her brain as long as possible, which is inevitable and is the lethal part. They said likely 12-15 months.

At first I was sad, obviously. Then as she told me more details, like how she has gotten PET scans every two years (that's how they found this, saw the bumps in her lungs) and chemo pills or shots or something every couple of months since her breast cancer days, I became more pissed at the doctors for not catching it earlier, perhaps when it was still treatable. It seems to me that if it's already in four different systems, that it's had a bit of time to manifest (granted some cancers move fast), and I just thought that a PET scan only every 2 years was very inadequate for somebody who had just beaten cancer in their 40s.

That is tough. My grams needs to pass on when she is ready. Her mind is in a different place, she is sometimes really cryptic when I visit and sometimes cruel, and doesn't have a shade of an idea of who I am anymore I don't think. Once every 101464894564698465418965146th visit or so though she will smile when some one visits and just says hi and that I think for a nano second she knows she's loved. Her body and heart are outlasting her mind in this case. She is 96 though.

I'm preped for her to pass away, it won't hurt less, but at least I'm braced.

The womans wake I went to on Sunday was too munch gravity as I'm still quite shocked. No one outside of MN probably heard but there was a murder suicide a ways north of where I live. The husband strangled his wife in front of his daughter(s) then hanged himself in the pole barn. I spent quite a few evening in that pole barn and on their property with many of my friends, one whom was brother to the woman who was choked. I'm still in shock really. I can't say anything without being cliche as to how weird it is what happened.

done with powerpoint for the summer! no more goddamn presentations to give, just a poster colloquium tomorrow and then i cashout friday.

speaking of sea food it'll be time to dip into that stipend and treat myself to some of the local surf 'n turf. i get pretty spoiled living a mile from the greatest ocean on earth :D

what fish do you have that are local right now?

i'm not sure what's in season and that sort of thing but we seem to have an endless supply of fresh caught assorted bass and halibut as well as crustaceons and shellfish. apparently they even catch salmon, bonita, barracuda and yellowfins off the channel islands here.

You'd be surprised how much of that is flown in...

I have a friend who has had a cancer every year of his life since age 2. They said he'd never live to 3 and he's just turned 32. He keeps getting cancer, then beats it, and it pops up somewhere else. I think once it comes out, it's only a matter of time before it spreads, whether cured or not. Most people who have had it before will get it again.

that's so hard to deal with. I'm glad for your friends ability to over come it though. Cancer eats away at peoples drive to keep pushing on as much as it does organs and the body it seams.

ITSUH RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNG

PRAISE THE LAAAAAAWD

PRAISE THE LAAAAAAWD

ITSUH RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNG

PRAISE THE LAAAAAAWD

PRAISE THE LAAAAAAWD

been dry lately?

Bought a Kill A Watt to play with...should be fun...

I dunno about this year. My grandma is on her way out and they are measuring time in weeks..... And if she goes I don't forsee grandpa really wanting to hang out for much longer either.

That would make some 6 funerals this year, and after the 2 this week, I'm all done with greif.

I'll share some so you don't feel so alone. Got a call today from my mom, she said my aunt that beat breast cancer 7-8 years ago has cancer again. This time it's in her lungs, blood, lymph nodes, and bones, and is terminal. I guess the only thing they can do is give her a little bit of treatment to keep it from going to her brain as long as possible, which is inevitable and is the lethal part. They said likely 12-15 months.

At first I was sad, obviously. Then as she told me more details, like how she has gotten PET scans every two years (that's how they found this, saw the bumps in her lungs) and chemo pills or shots or something every couple of months since her breast cancer days, I became more pissed at the doctors for not catching it earlier, perhaps when it was still treatable. It seems to me that if it's already in four different systems, that it's had a bit of time to manifest (granted some cancers move fast), and I just thought that a PET scan only every 2 years was very inadequate for somebody who had just beaten cancer in their 40s.

That is tough. My grams needs to pass on when she is ready. Her mind is in a different place, she is sometimes really cryptic when I visit and sometimes cruel, and doesn't have a shade of an idea of who I am anymore I don't think. Once every 101464894564698465418965146th visit or so though she will smile when some one visits and just says hi and that I think for a nano second she knows she's loved. Her body and heart are outlasting her mind in this case. She is 96 though.

I'm preped for her to pass away, it won't hurt less, but at least I'm braced.

The womans wake I went to on Sunday was too munch gravity as I'm still quite shocked. No one outside of MN probably heard but there was a murder suicide a ways north of where I live. The husband strangled his wife in front of his daughter(s) then hanged himself in the pole barn. I spent quite a few evening in that pole barn and on their property with many of my friends, one whom was brother to the woman who was choked. I'm still in shock really. I can't say anything without being cliche as to how weird it is what happened.

oh shit that's fucking terrible. sorry you have to experience that mang. you always here stories like that and are thankful that it isn't someone you know, it really sucks when it is. :(

Crazy shit db...

My mother's best friend from high school's husband did the same (not the murder part) in his barn as well this spring...

Doesn't help my grandfather-in law served my grandmother divorce papers out of the blue last year...30 years man...

Shit makes you think, bro

she's doing much better now that the divorce is final though...but still...

I'm drained, but really I wish I could have helped my friend who's sister was the one killed. He's tougher than hell in my opinion. Nothing I can do, really but be there if he needs a hand from outside his family.

You summed it up Sean. Those are always just news articles, not something you are ever associated with. When I was really young a closer aquantance (friends boyfriend) was stabbed some 15 times over cheese cake on new years eve, but that was about a dude on crack, and a bad mix of people that he was trying to get out from hanging with. Over north I saw so much violence in '95 etc. This is so much more punishing though on my psyche though; probably because I never saw it in a billion years, the nature of it all especially for what the girls and their slightly older bro will have to do with no parents, and the know exactly why(they were the ones to call the police in fact), and finally because I was involved with the husband in working for him building and in a social nature. He pretty much helped some guys out of the gutter.

That and it's really true how bad the media trumps it up. The stories about the whole thing were complete mock ups and deceit in some cases, and they posted pictures of the girls being led into squad cars from the night it all went down. I lost some huge respect for a lot of the local news in how they behaved. I'm probably overly sensitive, but they did nearly deceive purposefully with some of the reporting.

According to Public Policy Polling (PPP), a North Carolina polling firm, only 24% of self-identified Republican voters in the state believe Barack Obama was born in the United States. 47% do not believe that Obama is American born, and 29% of Republicans aren’t sure.

One part of PPP’s data might reassure sentient readers somewhat: 7% of those who voted for John McCain do not believe Hawaii to be a part of the United States. Now perhaps this is just another irrational expression of Obama hatred. But, it may also be older voters who never quite absorbed the news that our 50th state is indeed our 50th state.

Republicans are funny

I'm all good. Just tired.

I'm lucky and was built with the "keep on truckin' " gene

=)

When this bad type of stuff happens it motivates me to live my life. Kinda like that one country song "live like you were dying." So I was like you know, when I get home after work today (this was yesterday) I'm going to call the girl I went out with the last couple weekends but who didn't return a text I sent on Sunday and just be like hey, I kinda like you, and this is the direction I am interested in taking this. If you aren't, fine, tell me so I don't waste both our time. Oh and since you wake up early, make sure and watch the meteor shower tonight.

But she didn't answer and never returned the call. So apparently she hates me or something. Maybe I had bad breath or said something wrong last time we met, who knows. Oh well though I guess. Move on, right?

But it's not just about girls. I have a few friends that I haven't talked to in years that have moved to Kansas City, which is about a 40 minute drive away. I kinda put off getting together with them because of the drive, but now I'm like F that. Who cares if it costs $10 in gas to make the trip and the length of the drive isn't great. Life is about being around good people and having fun. I've been a quiet introvert for too long.

Last night I woke up with a cramp in my left calf. A little later I had a cramp in my right calf. Then it was a cramp on the bottom of my left foot, then the bottom of my right foot. I was like WTF is going on here?!?!?! I worked out yesterday, but only my upper body. I was like this shit is ridiculous.

Last night I woke up with a cramp in my left calf. A little later I had a cramp in my right calf. Then it was a cramp on the bottom of my left foot, then the bottom of my right foot. I was like WTF is going on here?!?!?! I worked out yesterday, but only my upper body. I was like this shit is ridiculous.

You ever wake up in the middle of the night, get out of bed, take down a piece of artwork off the wall, sit it down on the ground, then get back in bed and go back to sleep? THAT is ridiculous