mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I figured that if i live simply (which is how I like to live anyway, not too materialistic) and save 10k a year until I'm 30 (6 years including this one), even if I don't save a dime after that and can earn 8% interest until I'm 65, I'll be a millionaire.

And that's just 8%. If the stock market gets back to average and I can earn 12%, I'll be a millionaire by the time I'm 52. If I can save 5k per year after I'm 30 and get 8% return, millionaire at 57. 5k/yr with 12%, 49 years old.

That is my goal. It was a lot easier when I had a roommate though, bills were only half they are now. But I figure once I get married that'll happen again.

They key is saving early. Compound interest ftw. But I'm sure you smarties know that :)

Granted it would be easier if I made more than 42k a year. But I still make it happen now. And no, I don't really care that I tell you how much I make. It's fine if you don't, I'm not trying to get into that. Just offering it for reference to my savings goals. I'm pretty content where I'm at. I make more than 3 of my 4 parents. Not that I'm bragging or putting them down, but just saying I consider myself a success if I'm already doing that.

Just too bad I work for the state and so we aren't getting raises or bonuses this year. Or really for the foreseeable future, probably at least 1-2 more years :(

Can't decapitate anone with filo dough.

You can crack their skulls with the frozen variety, however

There is a time to make hay and a time not to. The spot I am in my career I can benefit a lot from putting in extra time. In a couple years it will no longer do me any good, until then I fire away. :)

Just managed to get my raise for next year, and it even shocked me. Company wide no raises, mine is nearly half my wives income. Well worth the extra hours if you ask me. On top of that, my boss just offered to eat the difference on the Cayenne Turbo to make it fit our parameters. :) Fucking Saweet!!

That is awesome!

There is a time to make hay and a time not to. The spot I am in my career I can benefit a lot from putting in extra time. In a couple years it will no longer do me any good, until then I fire away. :)

Just managed to get my raise for next year, and it even shocked me. Company wide no raises, mine is nearly half my wives income. Well worth the extra hours if you ask me. On top of that, my boss just offered to eat the difference on the Cayenne Turbo to make it fit our parameters. :) Fucking Saweet!!

WAY TO GO SEAN!

That's what I'm talkin' about! If you hustle on the "street" or hustle in an office and put your back into what you do it pays off.

It's the law of conservation of energy.

I figured that if i live simply (which is how I like to live anyway, not too materialistic) and save 10k a year until I'm 30 (6 years including this one), even if I don't save a dime after that and can earn 8% interest until I'm 65, I'll be a millionaire.

And that's just 8%. If the stock market gets back to average and I can earn 12%, I'll be a millionaire by the time I'm 52. If I can save 5k per year after I'm 30 and get 8% return, millionaire at 57. 5k/yr with 12%, 49 years old.

That is my goal. It was a lot easier when I had a roommate though, bills were only half they are now. But I figure once I get married that'll happen again.

They key is saving early. Compound interest ftw.

Granted it would be easier if I made more than 42k a year. But I still make it happen now. And no, I don't really care that I tell you how much I make. It's fine if you don't, I'm not trying to get into that. Just offering it for reference to my savings goals.

Hate to tell you, but $1M in 41 years is only worth about $250-300k which isn't enough to live on IMO.

If I owned my own buisness and could get family in, or had a farm... I could work 12 hours or more 6-7 days a week. It's more about making what you do something you would want to do even if you didn't have to for money.

I'm not in that place now.

Maybe I'll take over the farm once I become my millionaire. :). I'm sure I'll have to fight my dad for it, though. I know he's looking forward to the planting twice a year, harvest twice a year, and 8 months of down time between it all :)

Researchers have found a strand of feline DNA in the AIDS virus, leading them to believe that the virus was incubated in ancient tigers, according to HealthDay .

They believe that the tiger may have bitten a monkey, setting in motion the viral evolution that would ultimately lead to the infection of humans.

While the finding likely won't lead to any immediate breakthroughs in AIDS treatment, it provides more understanding into how the virus works.

Granted it would be easier if I made more than 42k a year. But I still make it happen now. And no, I don't really care that I tell you how much I make. It's fine if you don't, I'm not trying to get into that. Just offering it for reference to my savings goals.

Hate to tell you, but $1M in 41 years is only worth about $250-300k which isn't enough to live on IMO.

Well of course you are correct. But stop crushing my dream! :angry2:

Einstein said it mang!

Glad to see you put so much away. Me and the W had a LONG talk about our retirement. We both put in between 10-15%. I'm going to open up a trading account soon and scuttle some post tax money into that to help defer down the road costs. I'm just going to stop eating cafeteria food and bring in my own.

We also get a FAT pension here. I refuse to look else where unless they can top my salery and come up with the difference in compensation for the pension/matching plan. At least not untill I'm vested.

I'm going to give you the BEST advice I have ever heard about money though KU. Chew it, digest it, then rechew it like a cow.

Retirement and finances is like a stool you sit on. It cannot work without 3 legs. It NEEDS 4 legs to be truely stable. Extra legs help to brace it.

#1 Retirement savings

#2 Own your own home

#3 used to be SS... who knows now.

The rest is something you have to decide on.

Einstein said it mang!

Glad to see you put so much away. Me and the W had a LONG talk about our retirement. We both put in between 10-15%. I'm going to open up a trading account soon and scuttle some post tax money into that to help defer down the road costs. I'm just going to stop eating cafeteria food and bring in my own.

We also get a FAT pension here. I refuse to look else where unless they can top my salery and come up with the difference in compensation for the pension/matching plan. At least not untill I'm vested.

I'm going to give you the BEST advice I have ever heard about money though KU. Chew it, digest it, then rechew it like a cow.

Retirement and finances is like a stool you sit on. It cannot work without 3 legs. It NEEDS 4 legs to be truely stable. Extra legs help to brace it.

#1 Retirement savings

#2 Own your own home

#3 used to be SS... who knows now.

The rest is something you have to decide on.

I definitely agree. This plan is my retirement savings, #1. #2- I definitely plan on owning my own home. I will NOT get into a situation like my mom who rented her house for 20 years and just a month ago bought it and started making mortgage payments. #3- I think if social security can survive the next 20 years (perhaps a big IF) from the glut of baby boomers retiring, it will be much more stable once I get there. But I understand it may not be. #4- My work has a retirement savings system where I contribute 4% and the employer matches. #5- Perhaps if i get the farm, that's more actual income during retirement.

I'm definitely hoping to have a funky looking, octopus-looking but ultimately supremely stable stool :). And I'm hoping I find a wife with the same savings/future goals. It's really hard to save for retirement with a shopaholic :). And of course all of this is banking on no huge windfall of bad luck, like a sickness that insurance won't cover or whatever.

Good man. I hope you do get the farm. This is why I am keeping my mother home, and will buy more property. It's my 3rd leg.

2 down, 1 to go

Holy fack!!

??

1 to go, fuckin sweet!!

I know dude!

yikes, though

That is exactly why the Fack and not fuck. A little Yikes and Sweet all mixed together.

:P

If you do the truckload, call me as I want to watch.

It might amuse you guys to know that I am having chili dogs for lunch.

Of course it is with hot dogs from the farm, homemade steak chili, on some european style bread. Yummy,.

that sounds like a great lunch!

I want one now.

x2, now i got to go find something in the fridge now

I want a rum and cola more.

Red bull makes an all natural cola. It's outstanding mixer.

Maybe a G and T or V and T