mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You guys really do have some good tips.

On the education level, I was a smart kid and was constantly teased about it. Mom's a teacher in the high school so kids like to say i was given grades. Got switched into a private school and it was way more advanced than I was prepaired for. It completly killed my grades. Even when I switched back schools it was never the same. I just couldnt be bothered with alot of homework, or other shit. Hell as it is now I am having a tough time enrolling in college. Its just pushing myself, and that is an area I have problems. And its nobody's fault but mine.

On the plus side, I do have one test to study for. That is the pre-flight apritude test. I found out I can submit my packet in february. That means re-test on ASVAB and take the pre flight tests after christmas and see how I do. If I score high enough submit my packet, and hopefulyl be in flight school in October. I have wanted to fly Apache's for quite awhile and now my be my time. Wife is excited and nerrvous at once.

J

Congradulations!

I cannot fly in any branch of the service.

I was going to get my pilots liscence untill some big financial issues hit me when I was freshly 18. My idea was to do life flight for people.

What I'm saying is I'm jelous. Deeply!

I can't even have my boss tell me what to do. Fuck that.

wow some crazy shit is happening around here.... all 4 cars in my family have something wrong with them (from little engine lights on the dash to my car with the deer-print in it), then my xbox 360 died last night finally (probably shouldnt be playing it right before finals anyways tho), and my gf probably has a broken ankle, grandpa has cancer all over and just had his colon burst on him and is currently in a medically induced coma, then my great great grandmother has lung cancer, went through cemo just to stop the bleeding but she doesnt have long left, and another family member who broke his back... merry xmas my ass

Stay strong man !

I found a 99% acurate way to diagnose add/adhd type issues from a past co worker who used to watch teens in a group home.

If you drink a coffee or a caffinated soda, and then become tired before it wakes you up, or if you "need" cafeen to sleep. Same if it takes mega doses or empty stomach to make it work as a wake up formula.

I was a 2 mt dew before bed kinda guy my whole childhood.

That's ME!

Working the car audio desk for about another half hour. Been here for a half hour and talked to one customer.

God this is easy right now!

Steel Curtain....lol....more like cheap plastic hotel shower curtain

that curtain is so thin i cant even use it to keep warm!

Steelers fuckin blow donkey dick right now!

Aaron i would like to say i hope ur ravens at least get in this year!

That was a really weird game last night, I don't know if it is the Steelers not taking teams seriously or not.

OK, now I have a moment.

Long post, but it's where I come from. I don't talk about it often.

My bad choices.

by: matt 2

I can't really say this without sounding like an a-hole, or a prick. All I know is I learned my lesson.

In elementary I tested in a college reading comp level. Also way higher science and math skills. I was that kid, teachers pet yada yada yada. I was also an a-hole and didn't like homework. I felt it was unjust. It didn't affect my grades really though. I was in the same "book level" of education for 3 years. I was first in state for saxaphone also and in a few "gifted programs". They called them something else to make the kids who weren't in them feel ok about it. I was also in an international music program and almost went to australia as a child music ambasador. Basically talented enough along with 2 other random kids from the hood who were way above normal skill level that our school got new instruments and grants because of us and our program.

Then came midle school. I ended up in the most violent middle school in the nation, and day one walked into music class, got handed a rusty(it was actually green and had scale on it) saxaphone, and I literally walked out of the class because I thought it was below me. Still in these "advanced" classes though just dropped the music thing, tried teaching myself piano, but I had an organ. It's not the same. I was insanely sheltered up to this point too, and then being introduced to a knife fight on my 2nd day of school and getting knocked in the eye on my first by someone I didn't know was a culture shock. Maintained A-B's in all my classes, but I was held out of skipping classes and put into algebra for 2 years. I basically learned nothing in any class but my advanced placement class and got my ass kicked. Lots of gang violence, specifically in SE Asain gangs. I'm lucky my best friend(basically my brother) is Chinease. I was nearly killed after one stupid fight.

Highschool. On standard testing I ranked in the top 7%-2% nationally. I was put into what was in my eyes considered remedial math, english and social studies. I applied 2 times every year for both post secondary classes and to get into the International Bacheloriate program. Here's the problem, they both cost the school money per student to do this aparently. Unless the student was a minority or below the poverty line. My name never came up in the "random" shuffling after the poorest kids got their chance. My school was so messed up that if your parents didn't fill out your "free lunch" application they would suspend you untill they did. If you took too long it could lead to expulsion. I became good friends with some of the advanced class teachers so I would sit in on their classes at their request, other teachers would either have me tutor other kids. Some of my teachers were PhD's or working on theirs, and would let me read their text books or sit with me after school and talk. I mostly helped english teachers tutor, I taught a top pick college draft kid how to read actually.... Eventually I just stopped showing up to class other than monday and friday for normal classes and my extra morning class before school opened for japonease, and a class called "theory of knowledge". I also wrestled but since my grades were so bad my coach would just tell me to break other teams heavy weights at tournaments that didn't count for placing. Or to put the whoop a$$ on the other fat boys who tried out for the team. I stopped going all together at some point because I was bored, and I thought someone may care since I was a minor. They didn't.

I had been working near full time since I was 14, so I just continuied on with that. Then I got into sales and started making double my mothers income at 20 years old. I hung out with people who I thought I knew but didn't. Got effed over. It happens. Went through a forclosure when gas went up to 3 bucks a gallon(the first time) and I took a ~15-20k a year demotion as the DManager took my store durring his demotion. Now I do the M-F grind after burning out in retail/sales management for 11 years. 70 hours weeks got old.

Now, my mom was not an imbicile, but she didn't know how to deal with a child like me, and she certainly didn't know how to fight a school system. I was probably pure hell to deal with. No one really to blame other than me. I should have taken the easy A's, gone to the U of M and got a degree in chem eng and pharmacology and gone to work for phiser.

I learned my lessons though and am better for it. Just not as good as I could have been.

Wow. I can relate to a little of that.

My sob story isn't really that tough in the end, and even without guidance I can't blame anyone but myself.

I stopped being mad at mom and the system a long time ago. Just know if I have kids, I will know about those pitfalls and fight like a pitbull to get them every chance they can get without sheltering them from the world.

I stopped being mad at myself more recently. I now know I learned a lot. It's not where I wanted to be, but it made me hungy, and it made me motivated. I would say the cost for this experience was too high, but at least I was able to squeeze some blood from the proverbial rock.

I bet many of the guys here can be empathic to the pain of dumbing down to deal with JQ Public too. Plenty of brains on this site for sure.

Good to see you have learned from your past. I am glad we have a place where we can share our stories like this.

????

wha?

He can ask, I don't like being told what to do. I work better if I am given a goal and I choose how to get there. Exactly why my next job will only be as the President of a company or working for my own company.

What we have here is a failure to communicate

hehehe

good news, i got a 700 dollar scholarship for the spring! should pay for books and alittle towards the car i hope.

After delivering some 900 Tesla Roadsters, over a dozen employees are taking one on a road trip. Tesla will be back at the Detroit Auto Show next month and this time they're driving there. On Thursday, December 17, 16 Tesla employees will depart from Los Angeles and head across the Southeast toward Texas and then north east to Chicago and Detroit.

While the the 2,700 mile trip could be completed in a few days in conventional car, it will take two and a half weeks for the Roadster. According to Tesla's announcement, " We are out to prove the Roadster is tough and durable, and that range anxiety is for the weak." While the Roadster may be durable, part of the reason the trip is taking so long is the need to stop and spend several hours recharging every couple of hundred miles. Of course Tesla staff will be using those charging opportunities to show off the car and drum up a few sales.

part in bold had me in stitches :lol2:

Have you ever wondered what the difference between Grand-mothers and Grandfathers is? Well, here it is:

A friend, who worked away from home all week, always made a special effort with his family on the weekends.

Every Sunday morning he would take his 7-year old granddaughter out for a drive in the car for some bonding time, just he and his granddaughter.

One particular Sunday, however, he had a bad cold and really didn't feel like being up at all. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and said that she would take the child out.

When they returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her Grandfather.

"Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?"

"Oh yes, Papa," the girl replied. "And do you know what? We didn't see a single dumb bastard, dip shit or horse's ass anywhere we went today!"

fresh gulf snapper, taters & hush puppies, s'mores...mmm mmm mmm

Insane German tuner Brabus stuffed their 750 HP 6.3-liter Biturbo V12 into a GLK and raced it around the Nardo high-speed track. The result? A 200.3 MP Brabus GLK V12, making it the fastest street-legal SUV in the world.

But it is not just the incredible top speed of 322.3 km/h (211 mph) that are the basis for its fascination. With an acceleration time from rest to 100 km/h (62 mph) of just 4.2 seconds and 12.8 seconds to 200 km/h (124 mph) the five-door sets new standards for its kind.

500x_brabus_glk_v12_1.jpg

500x_brabus_glk_v12_2.jpg