mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Oh boy I love Harbor Freight :wub:

Ewwww

cheap throwaway tools ftw

Hey M5, what do you do for living :ehh:

Just wondering.

He is the Don of the MN Mafia.

AZ just sucks.................raining, chilly (for AZ), and just bleh..............makes it not so much fun.

Oh I haven't seen you in a while. How ya been?

Not bad

Lets see here:

Got a puppy (cute as hell LOL)

Preppin to deploy in a few mths (2nd tour)

Wife suddenly might be going with so that means finding a TRUSTED person to watch our puppy for us

Paying off bills and working on an install

Selling my CRX as its too much work for my ass

Found out the Xterra hates anything non stock

and

I finally got my house looking decent thinking the wife was going to stay here while I left, and now I will have to pull everything out

J

I know I asked you this some where else but I can't find it. Why couldn't you get the Aftermarket HU to work in the RF equipped Xterra? The wife drives our Xterra and she is happy with the RF but I am sure IT will end up mine someday, SO I'd still like to know.

For some reason when I hooked up the unit it sent a REALLY loud hiss through the speakers. All we can figure is the 4V pre-amps are too powerful for the shit RF system.

I did hook it up in the same truck, with different plugs, and put the RCA's through a house system and NO issues at all.

J

I know I asked you this some where else but I can't find it. Why couldn't you get the Aftermarket HU to work in the RF equipped Xterra? The wife drives our Xterra and she is happy with the RF but I am sure IT will end up mine someday, SO I'd still like to know.

For some reason when I hooked up the unit it sent a REALLY loud hiss through the speakers. All we can figure is the 4V pre-amps are too powerful for the shit RF system.

I did hook it up in the same truck, with different plugs, and put the RCA's through a house system and NO issues at all.

J

I wonder what ohm's the RF system is set-up at? I would look over on the Xterra Forum, Maybe more answer's over there? HOW did you wire the HU in? ie through the factory plug? line converter? I searched the topic's and I couldn't find where you where talking about this?

Edited by j-roadtatts

Hey M5, what do you do for living :ehh:

Just wondering.

He is the Don of the MN Mafia.

Shh

J

I wonder what ohm's the RF system is set-up at? I would look over on the Xterra Forum, Maybe more answer's over there? HOW did you wire the HU in? ie through the factory plug? line converter? I searched the topic's and I couldn't find where you where talking about this?

Not the pre-amp voltage. Hiss is a bad cable, connection, incorrect connection or potentially ground. I am curious to know where the processing is done on the stock system as you'll need to bypass that as well. Shouldn't be too hard, but those bastards could have things really screwed up. Nissan has never been one for very logical wiring...

J

Not the pre-amp voltage. Hiss is a bad cable, connection, incorrect connection or potentially ground. I am curious to know where the processing is done on the stock system as you'll need to bypass that as well. Shouldn't be too hard, but those bastards could have things really screwed up. Nissan has never been one for very logical wiring...

On my maxima, nissian went with a diversity antenna, that combines the antenna reception with the one in the rear window glass.

now with the aftermarket headunit u have to choose one. Needless to say the radio reception i get sucks!

Ewwww

I'll always be a Craftsman guy, I have a toolbox FULL of Craftsman tools. I just needed some calipers from Harbor Freight, Sears doesn't carry any good set.

carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet carpet

Ewwww

I'll always be a Craftsman guy, I have a toolbox FULL of Craftsman tools. I just needed some calipers from Harbor Freight, Sears doesn't carry any good set.

30 years ago Craftsman was good. Sears put them out of business took them over and ruined them. Don't get me wrong, I still buy them as the warranty is worthwhile considering it then becomes a lifelong tool even if it wasn't via its build quality.

did find a pretty neat product; its basically really thick all in one vinyl flooring and (I'm assuming some sort of closed cell) foam product that comes on a roll

don't think we're going to go with that in the den; might use it in the hallway though

Ewwww

30 years ago Craftsman was good. Sears put them out of business took them over and ruined them. Don't get me wrong, I still buy them as the warranty is worthwhile considering it then becomes a lifelong tool even if it wasn't via its build quality.

I love all hand tools with lifetime warranties; MAC, Matco, Crafstman, Cornwell, Kobalt, its all good

power tools are a different matter

air tools I don't know a damn thing about

(anyone know good air tool brands?)

More than half the hand tools we have are Craftsman, the other are a hodgepodge of Stanley and no name generic imports

(Stanley wrecking bars and hammers are some tough bastards, FYI)

Ewwww

I love all hand tools with lifetime warranties; MAC, Matco, Crafstman, Cornwell, Kobalt, its all good

Good airtools are expensive. For the ones you aren't using all that much I am a huge fan of the Northern Tool ones. A real beefy impact though they do not have.

Ewwww

Chicago Pneumatic.

Ewwww

Craftsman isn't bad, but I'd much rather have Snap-On, Matco, Wright, Wera, Wiha, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVx9m3ucGcY

A new transgenic trout has been designed to have so much muscle that its body has developed a bulging hump on its back. What turns a trout into the Terminator?

Terry Bradley, an aquaculture professor at the University of Rhode Island, has been researching how to counteract the effects of a protein called myostatin, which slows muscle growth. At last he's discovered how to block the production of myostatin in fish, resulting in this bulbous creature you see in the video above. Bradley's transgenic trout tend to grow 15-20% more muscle than average trout.

According to the University:

Bradley and a team of graduate students spent 500 hours injecting 20,000 rainbow trout eggs with various DNA types designed to inhibit myostatin. Of the eggs that hatched, 300 carried the gene that led to increased muscle growth. After two years, most exhibited a "six-pack ab" effect, even though fish lack standard abdominal muscles. They also have increased musculature throughout, including a prominent dorsal hump that made them look like they had muscular shoulders.

The first generation of transgenic trout were subsequently spawned, and offspring carrying the gene in all of their muscle cells have been produced. Studies are under way to determine if the fish grow at a faster rate as well.

"Our findings are quite stunning," said Bradley, who also studies salmon, flounder and tuna. "The results have significant implications for commercial aquaculture and provide completely novel information on the mechanisms of fish growth. The results also allow for comparisons between the mechanisms of growth of muscle in mammals versus fish, and it could shed light on muscle wasting diseases in humans."

And yes, it could also shed light on how to create a super-muscled human. Or it might just allow us to breed really meaty fish, which is a boon to fish farmers. And to people who yearn for a 20 pound trout steak.

That fish looks sick. I would not want to eat it.

Back after a full work week 5 hours away in a town of 500. Kinda got boring at nights. The last night I fell asleep at 9:00, half from being tired from the work that day and half just from boredom.

Just finished cleaning the throttle body. It was quite dirty, with thick layer of carbon buildup that was making my gas pedal start to be a little sticky at times (stuck closed, not open thankfully, ha). Now the pedal is smoooooth. No comment yet on idle response as I just turned it on for a second after putting it back together and it was cold so the RPMs were a little elevated anyways, not a true warm idle.

But the darn thing threw the check engine light on again. Two weeks ago it was just the lean burn in bank 2 and the shop cleaned the MAF sensor and I suppose reset the codes. Yesterday the light came back on and when I read them today it was 2 codes for lean burn in both banks (P0171 and P0174). My guess is the intake gaskets. Hopefully just the upper ones. It's going to the shop next week to figure out.

Chicago Pneumatic's website is cp dot com :ehh: