mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Good man!

Not to mention the sync and all the other creature comforts inside it.

And yes I've had plenty of experience with both including in the Mountains. I used to drive SHO's including one that was "slightly" hopped up. tongue.gif

I remember you talking to someone else a couple months ago about the Sweet SHO you had. Do you have any pictures?

I haven't had any bad experiences with rear wheel drives. I Own 3 right now, But I have always liked the way my Honda's handle. No I have never driven a BM'er, But I use to Shag Audi's and they where fun to drive plus I owned one of the old 5 clylinder Quattro's. My funnest car I ever owned was a 76' Firebird that was restored top to bottom, VERY FUN!!!!!tongue.gif Right now my Baby is my 72' Chevy Blazer with a 327 under the hood.smile.gifI will post pictures in a couple days.biggrin.gif

My sarcasum is probably pretty dry today as my hip has been out for a couple day's and I have been taking 30mg Morphines. I went to my masseuse today and have a chiroprator appointment in the morning to get back to normal. It all happened installing my 70 lb BTL by myself in a fuct up position the other day. Hip Pain SUCKZ.sad.gif

The ironic thing is, the 4V 5.0 is lighter than either the 2, 3, or 4V 4.6 it replaces. So, it out-displaces, out-powers (NA), and weighs less than it's smaller, less-powerful predecessor.

They should be in the 12s with nothing more than a gear swap and some traction.

And yes I've had plenty of experience with both including in the Mountains. I used to drive SHO's including one that was "slightly" hopped up. tongue.gif

I remember you talking to someone else a couple months ago about the Sweet SHO you had. Do you have any pictures?

I haven't had any bad experiences with rear wheel drives. I Own 3 right now, But I have always liked the way my Honda's handle. No I have never driven a BM'er, But I use to Shag Audi's and they where fun to drive plus I owned one of the old 5 clylinder Quattro's. My funnest car I ever owned was a 76' Firebird that was restored top to bottom, VERY FUN!!!!!tongue.gif Right now my Baby is my 72' Chevy Blazer with a 327 under the hood.smile.gifI will post pictures in a couple days.biggrin.gif

I've driven some rendition of every car made and never been anything but scared in a Honda in the winter.

Not fair to compare to a 72 Blazer or 76 Firebird btw, no wonder you are soured.

No pictures of the SHO at least that were worth a shit, however from the outside it was bone stock except the Eibach drop and hood scoops out of a Turbo Coupe. White on white. Sleeper from hell.

I've driven some rendition of every car made and never been anything but scared in a Honda in the winter.

Not fair to compare to a 72 Blazer or 76 Firebird btw, no wonder you are soured.

I drive my Xterra ALOT also, and love to drive RWD vehicles also. I just needed a GOOD debate yesterday as it was my friday and NOBODY got a tattooed and I was bored out of my skull. VERY BORING DAY, where were you anyways?

My Blazer is down right scary one snow/ice with Super Swampers and Detroit Locker in the rear, BUT fun in the SUN.smile.gif

Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it weighs less and has less parts. There are plenty of FWD vehicles that weigh just as much or more than full frame or unitized vehicles with RWD, 4WD, or AWD.

Also, weight is no guarantee that your mileage will increase.

I know what you are trying to convey, but front drive platforms were only developed simply because they were cheap and effective for the manufacturers.

With a design goal of light, again the RWD would win...and does. It is way simpler to make drive axles that don't have to turn.

The top cars in this list are ridiculously light.

Top Gear Track lap records - FastestLaps.com

Go ahead and show us your FWD performance vehicle in that list and how they all rank on the top as they handle better. I will also guarantee that you put snow tires on any of the cars in that list and run them on sheer ice and they will handle unbelievably well. Much better than any FWD car with snow tires.

j/w sean how is the H1 on top of the list?

The ironic thing is, the 4V 5.0 is lighter than either the 2, 3, or 4V 4.6 it replaces. So, it out-displaces, out-powers (NA), and weighs less than it's smaller, less-powerful predecessor.

They should be in the 12s with nothing more than a gear swap and some traction.

I know it has a forged crank too. The rods are a powder steel, do you know if they are the stronger forged ones or would those have to go out with the heads?

(I'm thinking in a down the road boosted aplication, because... why buy a car if you can't boost it someday)

:P

morning

Sup dre? How goes it bro?

Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it weighs less and has less parts. There are plenty of FWD vehicles that weigh just as much or more than full frame or unitized vehicles with RWD, 4WD, or AWD.

Also, weight is no guarantee that your mileage will increase.

I know what you are trying to convey, but front drive platforms were only developed simply because they were cheap and effective for the manufacturers.

With a design goal of light, again the RWD would win...and does. It is way simpler to make drive axles that don't have to turn.

The top cars in this list are ridiculously light.

Top Gear Track lap records - FastestLaps.com

Go ahead and show us your FWD performance vehicle in that list and how they all rank on the top as they handle better. I will also guarantee that you put snow tires on any of the cars in that list and run them on sheer ice and they will handle unbelievably well. Much better than any FWD car with snow tires.

j/w sean how is the H1 on top of the list?

:ban2:

morning

how's the little guy?

Happy get-drunk-eat-something-boiled-and-make-bad-decisions day!

Drunken mistakes, boiled food day should be a day off for everyone................................Or at least the day after.

then again I do have tomorrow off and no plans to go out actually...

Geez, I break 40k and am still at level 14. :(

Geez, I break 40k and am still at level 14. :(

Slacker :lol: