mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Honestly i'm not a huge fan of the Droid's the touch screens from what i have experience are laggy and not too responsive. but that's being extremely used to my Iphone touch screen.

Have you used a new one?

Either way, the Iphone can bite me. It sucks for email and it isn't open architecture which means its a bitch to get any useful software on it. With the Droid I will be able to control all the lights, music (8 zones), tv, cable box, security system, bbq grill and so on in my house. Good luck getting an Apple to do that.

Indeed i have, Droid X and incredible ( i think that's what it was)

Jailbreaking is legal now so it's open.

And yes... you can do all of that with an iphone :P

http://cybernetnews.com/control-lights-with-your-iphone/

You "can" but it sucks and is a pain in the ass. Add to that the different pieces of gear I can control with the Droid and it isn't even close. Should I add that adding Droid control to me is FREE!

-alarm, closed circuit tv, hvac, lights, my Onkyo receiver, my whole house audio system, Pandora, every internet radio station, local radio, all my 4500 of my CD's, TV, movies, my door locks, motion control sensors in each room, moisture sensors under the dishwasher and washing machine, control my charcoal smoker, my garage doors, and the list goes on.

On top of that, it is already setup with NOTHING for me to buy or do.

Everything Apple can bite me. Less performance, more money, all ridiculous hype. Not interested. Don't even get me started on the crap that is Itunes.

Amazing what happens when the wife is out of town, I get stuff done :) Got the Home Automation system working with Win7 now too and think I have the Droid part nailed, I just need to know what screen format my phone will have and I can finally control my whole damn house from my phone :)

Too bad I don't have the phone yet.

WVGA, no?

At the moment this is my only choice:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Business-Smartphones/Business-ready

I wish it were WVGA, but only 320x480. I refuse to own a first batch Motorola product though so perhaps a real Droid will come out with a world antenna for Verizon soon.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5534&capId=&phoneTopRated=

Real Droid for sure.

No global antenna :(

Amazing what happens when the wife is out of town, I get stuff done :) Got the Home Automation system working with Win7 now too and think I have the Droid part nailed, I just need to know what screen format my phone will have and I can finally control my whole damn house from my phone :)

I'm jelly. I still haven't even plugged the Yammy in to see if that controll software works. I'm such a dang slacker. I have no clue why.

i should send the W on vacation maybe.

Then I would need to get rid of the room mate too.

Price for CQC is going to go up soon. Still only $350 for a DIY user...don't expect that to last more than 2 months though.

Is it bad that I think it would be awesome to have a '65/'66 Lincoln redone for a road car? Something about that big car and suicide doors I find awesome. :)

Redo the interior and drivetrain with modern equipment and that would be the king of roadtrip cars.

I'd hit it.

I'm jelly. I still haven't even plugged the Yammy in to see if that controll software works. I'm such a dang slacker. I have no clue why.

Price for CQC is going to go up soon. Still only $350 for a DIY user...don't expect that to last more than 2 months though.

So buy it now learn it later?

Is it bad that I think it would be awesome to have a '65/'66 Lincoln redone for a road car? Something about that big car and suicide doors I find awesome. :)

Redo the interior and drivetrain with modern equipment and that would be the king of roadtrip cars.

I'd hit it.

:+1:

Not a lot in the way of aftermarket suspension though

Holy shit, the Rangers are up 2-1 in the ALCS over the Yankees????????????

did hell freeze over without me noticing?

black_kids_computer_desk.jpg

I think they could have worded that a bit beter :lol2;

Just got off of SMD and damn! average maturity level is like 9 years old! Talking shit on JP's truck I mean he may not be cool or whatever but damn..too much trash over their...did you help construct the truck aaron?

JP? Who is that? And why would my name be brought up?

Cliff Lee will by in NY next year.

So buy it now learn it later?

Learning isn't trivial...I don't think it will get nutso expensive later unless you have a really big system. For just music it may even end up cheaper, there is a thread on their site explaining the potential changes.

I'd hit it.

:+1:

Not a lot in the way of aftermarket suspension though

A rod builder can take care of that :)

And should have been in MN this year.

Holy crap is Ant an idiot. He is deleting half of the forum at DIYMA. Amazing douchebag.

Anyone know of a tool that can go through a music library and mark where there is no album art? It is easy to manually add, but considering I have 3500 albums I don't really want to go through each one.

Holy crap is Ant an idiot. He is deleting half of the forum at DIYMA. Amazing douchebag.

Thought he was just merging sections. :ughdunno:

And should have been in MN this year.

Agreed he will be a yank next year.

I dont think he could of helped the twins...

If the Phillies make it through, Lee can't beat Halliday/Hammels/Oswalt all by himself.

when asked how much it will be to keep him next year the owner said "Don't ask me, ask the Yankee's."

Thought he was just merging sections. :ughdunno:

Nope. Everyone he has recently banned are getting searched and anything even partially annoying to him is being cleaned up. I'd bet this pertains to those that are still there as well. He has gone so far to remove ALL posts by some people.