mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

lol

I missed the part where you said you knew we would tell you not to!

:Doh: I read right over it. Selective reading. My bad.

But seriously... don't.

:D:D:D

Er'....its a gift for me, so I am trying not to be to picky. My logic is get the craptastic block set I have now replaced for everyday use. Then I will invest in my own 10+" Chefs knife for when I am in the kitchen. This will keep the kids off my knifes.

Why do you want your kids to use shitty dull knives? That is WAY more dangerous. Really NO ONE EVER should be a knife set. There is no way in hell it is the right choice for anyone. Installation is the key in stereos, fit is the key in knives. No two people cut the same. Don't be dumb. Take the same budget and buy a Chef's knife. REALLY.

A paring knife is a nice addition, but can be had cheap. I would argue that too sharp a paring knife makes them harder to use. I like to use my thumb as a knife stop and for that reason find myself using the one with the inferior edge on it, but it does fit my hands well. :)

The Fabeware set I have now is dangerous and needs to go away. I understand that the 'fit' is the control point and all else is arbitrary.

I will invest in a quality chefs knife, but still need a decent block set too.

For those of you not scared of germs I dare you to drink some raw chicken juice...or just pour it on your salad. You'll come back and change your tune.

Am I scared of germs? No, but will I take reasonable precautions, good practices, etc? Yep, I sure will.

Then don't cut chix on wood

lol

But seriously... don't.

Er'....its a gift for me, so I am trying not to be to picky. My logic is get the craptastic block set I have now replaced for everyday use. Then I will invest in my own 10+" Chefs knife for when I am in the kitchen. This will keep the kids off my knifes.

understood. My wife and roomate don't use my knives unless I hand it to them actually.

I do appreciate the advice, don't think it was in vein. I now have something to set my sites on for personal knifes. Sounds like it should be well thought out purchase.

I also want a wood cutting board but the W keeps telling me the wood will hold germs. I have a glass one now.

Ugh, you are killing your knives :( Throw the glass away. Buy a wood board and then buy cheap as poly sheets to use on top of it for flesh. Wood is SO MUCH faster you'll be shocked. It cuts my prep time down in half.

I tryed googling these poly sheets or plastic sheet liners, but could find any? Is it like parchment paper?

lol

But seriously... don't.

Why do you want your kids to use shitty dull knives? That is WAY more dangerous. Really NO ONE EVER should be a knife set. There is no way in hell it is the right choice for anyone. Installation is the key in stereos, fit is the key in knives. No two people cut the same. Don't be dumb. Take the same budget and buy a Chef's knife. REALLY.

A paring knife is a nice addition, but can be had cheap. I would argue that too sharp a paring knife makes them harder to use. I like to use my thumb as a knife stop and for that reason find myself using the one with the inferior edge on it, but it does fit my hands well. :)

The Fabeware set I have now is dangerous and needs to go away. I understand that the 'fit' is the control point and all else is arbitrary.

Nobody does. Why do you think you are different? It is really ALWAYS a bad idea.

Glass is awful for knives..

my grandfather made my mother some cutting boards out of some poly carbonate i believe they're pretty awesome

Glass is awful for knives..

my grandfather made my mother some cutting boards out of some poly carbonate i believe they're pretty awesome

I have the W talked into a poly cutting board.

500x_nimitz_car_carrier.jpg

To help sailors with a shift of its home base from California to Washington, the U.S.S. Nimitiz aircraft carrier's hauling more than 400 private vehicles... inside, on its huge main deck.

neat

For those of you not scared of germs I dare you to drink some raw chicken juice...or just pour it on your salad. You'll come back and change your tune.

Am I scared of germs? No, but will I take reasonable precautions, good practices, etc? Yep, I sure will.

Then don't cut chix on wood

Never do.

Staring to look at Quad cab pickups too now. Wife wants room for big grocery trips and shit...........

I just want a damn truck. I just can't put 4 9512's in a Challenger.........

J

Bleh, DD

He could be talking about MTX :roflmao:

What's wrong with MTX?

Nothing, I know he got DD 9512's so I thought it was funny

I understand your Bleh Duran on a SQ basis, but what else make you say that?

I am just feeling the need for a very loud vehicle.

Do I want that 'farting on a snare drum' one note wonder setup? NO. Asm I obsessed and going to lose sleep over the SQ? NO.

J

That was Adrian's "Bleh" ;)

OMG, I just thought of this....once I start working again....I can replace my HT sub!! w00t.....maybe even start a new HT project with a new receiver....maybe a new TV to go with it....omg....this is gonna be fun thinking of stuff again.

500x_nimitz_car_carrier.jpg

To help sailors with a shift of its home base from California to Washington, the U.S.S. Nimitiz aircraft carrier's hauling more than 400 private vehicles... inside, on its huge main deck.

neat

Just hope it does not roll over like the cargo ship that squished hundreds of Mazda's.

I want an 18

mmmmm.....18" That might be bigger then what I want to move though. =(

Easier to move than these two 15's that's for sure.

I want an 18

That is NO excuse.

How would one of the new N2 Fi Btl 18's (fully loaded) on 3000watts compare to an Eclipse ti pro 18? The one with the 4hp motor.

AS IN: In a big ass SUV (Old Range Rover LWB)

both in optimum boxes sub up/port back.

That's 3000rms too.

Edited by Dutchie.

How would one of the new N2 Fi Btl 18's (fully loaded) on 3000watts compare to an Eclipse ti pro 18? The one with the 4hp motor.

That's 3000rms too.

:ughdunno:

I want an 18

That is NO excuse.

I know, I am lame.

Think of it as headroom :D

That's 3000rms too.

Yeah I'll just go with Fi because of the outstanding customer service and great products.

That's 3000rms too.

Yeah I'll just go with Fi because of the outstanding customer service and great products.

Good choice ;)

If you happened to blow the Ti our SOL, TC Sounds died

lol

But seriously... don't.

Nobody does. Why do you think you are different? It is really ALWAYS a bad idea.

:Doh: Ok, I NOW understand your logic, and also see how it applys to NOT buying a pan set either.