mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

All SSA members get a free tour anytime. :)

Thanks for all the comments.

When you are all ready, would you be able to take a walk though video for all of us to watch?

very badass nem, you're way more mature than I am though. At least one of those would have some sort of sexual reproductive organs if it was me.

What's a reasonable limit for vent mach in ft/sec before you start getting port noise? 113ft/sec? <-This would be 10% of speed of sound, roughly.

IMO hard to answer without knowing frequency and SPL level.

Ie, maybe you don't care as much for the ultra lows since they don't happen so often and of course if it only occurs when your shit is wailing then it won't bug you.

Are you starting to get even more why rules of thumb are a joke? :)

When you are all ready, would you be able to take a walk though video for all of us to watch?

The problem with doing that is you will not see the actors, but if you just want to see the props and overall haunt I think I can come up with something. If you want to see the actors then it will have to wait until October.

very badass nem, you're way more mature than I am though. At least one of those would have some sort of sexual reproductive organs if it was me.

Don't thnk for a minute we do not talk about doing that for fun. ;)

The problem with doing that is you will not see the actors, but if you just want to see the props and overall haunt I think I can come up with something. If you want to see the actors then it will have to wait until October.

Maybe a lights on video before all the customers arrive? You don't have to, just thought it would be cool to see the entire thing as people here clearly appreciate the work.

It's a V6

What's the vehicle in question?

Toyota 4Runner '91 3L V6

Garfield is derping now?

Who isn't derping nowadays?

I'm not.

Time to play some nintendo?

tumblr_lq02glfxsu1qb7ws7o1_500.jpg

I think so.

All the buttons are in the wrong spots.

Yes, but why. If its for performance gains I am down, but to be loud I don't get.

As I said I am not after loud, but deep, strong sound.

Something like that, but much quieter if possible. And more Vroooom than Broooom :D

If my lexan comes in next week I will have the endless hole walk way finished.

What's a reasonable limit for vent mach in ft/sec before you start getting port noise? 113ft/sec? <-This would be 10% of speed of sound, roughly.

IMO hard to answer without knowing frequency and SPL level.

Ie, maybe you don't care as much for the ultra lows since they don't happen so often and of course if it only occurs when your shit is wailing then it won't bug you.

Are you starting to get even more why rules of thumb are a joke? :)

I understand pretty well that rules of thumb try to cover a broad amount, that it may work in application x but in application y it's complete shit, therefore your better off modeling / calculating for each and every situation.

But... I was going to make a new min port area app that mainly relied on vent mach, but now I'm thinking about just showing the vent mach and let the user ultimately decide if that's enough or not.

Next question, found the formula for calculating vent mach:

ventspeed.gif

W is the acoustic power output of the speaker in Watts.

Fb is the tuning frequency of the enclosure.

R is the radius of the port.

Mach is the speed of sound in air (344.8 m/sec or 1131.2 ft/sec).

W = driver rms * reference efficiency.

Can the result from the formula be multiplied by 2 if you were using two drivers? Or should the reference efficiency be multiplied by 2, since your creating twice the acoustical power?

I think so.

Move the right buttons lower and I am sure she will want you to play Contra and put in the cheat code often. ;)

I think so.

The reset button is at the very very bottom :P

I didn't make it!

Hell I have this smart phone, there is no reason I can not make a video for you guys. Sometimes I forget what you can do with these phones now a days. :Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Really digging the sound of this too

Yummy car.

If only I did not have 17 year old on my ins.

The CL is a V12, I'd think a sound like that would be difficult to replicate in a V6.

It's a V6

Is low and deep possible with a v6?

If anyone needs a simple bright ipad wallpaper, I made one yesterday.

ipad.jpg

Don't ask me why it says "resist", I just like the word, :rofl2: