mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Holy kick pod!

Those are some big sum bitchin kick pods. A grill would definitely be a good idea. The work looks good btw.

Looking good Stefan, keep it up. :)

Got in some good listening time on what is going to be the new Icon. Very hearty sub woofer. I will get into more detail later, but I had a big stupid grin for nearly an hour.

Thanks guys. Got some filler on there,

22.jpg

I need to fill in the lower left corner, fill in dimples, and sand a bunch more. :D

Wrapping them in vinyl would be a trick since it goes all the way to the door and running board, thinking about getting some oem volvo paint and matching the pods with the outside:

DSC_0023.JPG

Got in some good listening time on what is going to be the new Icon. Very hearty sub woofer. I will get into more detail later, but I had a big stupid grin for nearly an hour.

Sounds great, might snag one later to go along with everything else I'm doing.

I was actually surprised when I first heard of the icon being redesigned with the current version not being out for very long.

The Icon is ready. Final version of the prototype was tested in depth today, ALL kinds of music, from passive listening to full clip for a long time. Not once was there any sign of thermal limits. This new version keeps that same full, warm and surrounding bass the original Icon was known for, bringing a little more punch and attack with an upgrade of added power handling and thermal limits and a little more abuse tolerance. By the way, the Icon bulked up 4 lbs. REALLY happy with this new version, we have something special in this power segment.

I was actually surprised when I first heard of the icon being redesigned with the current version not being out for very long.

Huh? The Icon is 4 years old. We move at ID and JL pace, haha. The Icon had minor tweaks to it over the last couple of years, but this is the first overhaul.

Huh? The Icon is 4 years old. We move at ID and JL pace, haha. The Icon had minor tweaks to it over the last couple of years, but this is the first overhaul.

I got the latest edition when it first came out about 1.5years ago? It looked different then the version before, assumed it was completely different.

I got the latest edition when it first came out about 1.5years ago? It looked different then the version before, assumed it was completely different.

The cones, suspension, leads and optional coils were the tweaks, but this an all new motor, trick cooling similar to the Zcon, and a solid pole etc. etc. :)

The Icon is ready. Final version of the prototype was tested in depth today, ALL kinds of music, from passive listening to full clip for a long time. Not once was there any sign of thermal limits. This new version keeps that same full, warm and surrounding bass the original Icon was known for, bringing a little more punch and attack with an upgrade of added power handling and thermal limits and a little more abuse tolerance. By the way, the Icon bulked up 4 lbs. REALLY happy with this new version, we have something special in this power segment.

What about mechanical limits? :morepower1:

The cones, suspension, leads and optional coils were the tweaks, but this an all new motor, trick cooling similar to the Zcon, and a solid pole etc. etc. :)

Sounds stellar!

Aaron,

Umm, chrome baskets are way smoother, helps get the dBs out the box, dontcha know? :P

Didn't need to clutter up the news section with my bs haha

Copper plate the motors on those bad boys and you'd have the best looking rear on the market IMO.

went to the meca callifornia state finals today. it was awsome

went to the meca callifornia state finals today. it was awsome

Fuck any bitches?

heres a couple pics i toot at the show

Oh damn, actually had some show cars to see, sweet.

All the meca events I've attended were pretty boring.

andddd to put this where I meant to put it!

sushi again tonight. Had a california roll with fuck if i remember(at least tuna, avacado, crab) but it was ok. Maki roll with cooked shrimp that was very good. And a fried roll w/tune and it was fucking awful, I tried one, spit it out, and fed one to the dog.

the wasabi was still strong as shit, i actually kind of like it this way

andddd to put this where I meant to put it!

sushi again tonight. Had a california roll with fuck if i remember(at least tuna, avacado, crab) but it was ok. Maki roll with cooked shrimp that was very good. And a fried roll w/tune and it was fucking awful, I tried one, spit it out, and fed one to the dog.

the wasabi was still strong as shit, i actually kind of like it this way

I love Eel handrolls and Caterpillar rolls.

heres a couple pics i toot at the show

Oh damn, actually had some show cars to see, sweet.

All the meca events I've attended were pretty boring.

this show was pretty damn good. best ones ive ever been to. these where not the only show cars either.

Getting a ticket can ruin even the best of days, but at least American motorists have the ability to fight moving violations in court. Challenging a ticket at least gives drivers a shot at avoiding or reducing fines and/or points charged to their records.

In Massachusetts, however, a new state Supreme Court ruling means drivers have to pay, win or lose. The Newspaper details the case of Ralph Sullivan, who was charged $70 in non-refundable fees even after he successfully fought a lane violation ticket ($20 for appealing the summons to a clerk, then another $50 to get the case in front of a district court judge). Sullivan argued to the Massachusetts Supreme Court that the policy violates the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution, as motorists are saddled with fees that offenders in more serious cases are not required to pay. The court disagreed and ruled against Sullivan.

In the ruling, Justice Ralph D. Gants writes, "Where the legislature provides greater process that imposes greater demands on the resources of the District Court, it is rational for the legislature to impose filing fees, waivable where a litigant is indigent, to offset part of the additional cost of these judicial proceedings."

Just got back from the farm. Feels good to be home and MAYBE I can boat for an hour tomororw.