mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hmm, that's in the same country as me, that's a good start. :rofl2:

Had a crazy thought for laying out my kitchen differently, but to try it I need to add about 7" of height to my current kitchen table. The legs are 2x2 teak, but I don't care if it matches at all. Just an experiment that will last a few months so that I can decide what to buy.

They are wood so I could dowel, put in a threaded rod, etc. but would like to be able to remove whatever I attach so a permanent gluing is out of the question. Any ideas?

Put a 2x2 under it and a collar to go around.

Couldn't agree more....but what would you use for a collar?

Duct tape!

More lumber, 3/4" wood, some screws, steel tubing with set screws/bolts, you name it. Screw it to the bottom piece so its tight fitting without screwing to the top piece it keep it pristine and you should be golden.

Really depends on how much work you want to put into it, anywhere from a couple of 1.5" screws to a thru bolt with a wedge setup so tighter the bolt goes, the tighter the clamping force is.

There's a thread about the ms8 on diyma, one of the managers for the ms8 from jbl drops in occasionally.

I basically stated that after trying every possible combination / trick, I couldn't get the ms8 to sound worth a damn unless I turned off the processing. Some people suggested running the sweeps at a lower volume, looking further past the mirrors and windshield when doing the auto tune, unplugging mic after calibration, etc, etc. I did everything and it sucks in comparison to defeat. I was hoping someone and or the guy from jbl would have some sort of solution or possible firmware update.

The guy from jbl comes back and says "maybe you just don't like how the ms8 EQs..."

:trippy: Guess all the additional features are a waste in my case?!

Anybody looking for a flashlight?

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

We are looking at these for the haunt.

as cool as it is, why the fuck would you ever spend $150 for a flashlight?

Might get to make a trip to the Parts Express retail store this weekend :D

Your going to be there all day. :D

Shits like IKEA for new home owners.

LOL

I don't need much, but I figured if I'm going to be in the area I could find an excuse to walk in :P

Heh heh. Do they have one retail store / warehouse?

2 actually

Thanks Ryan. Had thought of those pretty much but was hoping for teh eazy.

There's a thread about the ms8 on diyma, one of the managers for the ms8 from jbl drops in occasionally.

I basically stated that after trying every possible combination / trick, I couldn't get the ms8 to sound worth a damn unless I turned off the processing. Some people suggested running the sweeps at a lower volume, looking further past the mirrors and windshield when doing the auto tune, unplugging mic after calibration, etc, etc. I did everything and it sucks in comparison to defeat. I was hoping someone and or the guy from jbl would have some sort of solution or possible firmware update.

The guy from jbl comes back and says "maybe you just don't like how the ms8 EQs..."

:trippy: Guess all the additional features are a waste in my case?!

Which engineer?

as cool as it is, why the fuck would you ever spend $150 for a flashlight?

That is retail, not what we will pay.

And why is it a benefit that they are such heat soaks that they can cook eggs?

First thing I thought is that I'd set my pack on fire when backpacking and the light comes on.

if you're in a survival situation with no lighter I would think you'd have no light.

What makes them heat soaks? The luminous intensity of the light is great enough to excite the molecules of the container to produce enough heat to cook an egg, or am i wrong?

What makes them heat soaks? The luminous intensity of the light is great enough to excite the molecules of the container to produce enough heat to cook an egg, or am i wrong?

Through metal? Lol. Even still if your hypothesis was correct then they couldn't be sold as flashlights.

Through metal? Lol. Even still if your hypothesis was correct then they couldn't be sold as flashlights.

Why wouldnt there be vibrational heat losses if its some compound, not element?

weve discussed this somewhat in one of my classes, but we were talking about solutions

Edited by trod2902

Why wouldnt there be vibrational heat losses if its some compound, not element?

weve discussed this somewhat in one of my classes, but we were talking about solutions

What?

While light waves are indeed waves for them to cause vibration they would need SERIOUS focused energy. As in WAY FUCKING MORE than a battery could provide. Even with crazy optics you won't get that focused to create enough power to do that.

I am currently experimenting with a light source to impart vibration but that source has serious OSHA ramifications.

The what was because I am seriously not sure what you were asking. Took a crack at it, but somehow think I missed your point.

No I think u covered it, although some heat is lost due to internal conversion, it's not significant enough to say scramble the egg, that was due to what u said was heat soak

That's what I get from your explanation at least

I actually have an exam Wednesday that will have this, but like I said we were talking about solutions so im just curious to see if it applies here

Shit internal conversion s radiationless, I guess I need to review some more lol

I would have neverthought I'd be able to review chem on a car audio forum lol