mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

More interested in the Subaru BRZ, myself.

Yeah that too. Of course someone can say were missing the porsche and lambo.

Porsche looks pretty much just like every 911 ever made. Lambo hasn't changed much in 10 years, so, meh. The Subaru just looks odd to me. It's reminiscent of a smushed TVR. Love the S60R.

The new Lamborghini is pretty insane. I believe it is supposed to be in the next Batman.

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-geneva2011live-04.jpg

I want to fuck that chick over the car. Those dudes can film it too.

I have to create a website with my resume on it for a BIS class and was wondering if anyone had any software suggestions for doing this. Our book reccomended Word, but I've heard it can be a PITA to use for that purpose.

What exactly does a website entail? Multiple pages, a single page for the resume?

Multiple pages, basically a page for each section of the resume. I'll look into notepad. It doesn't need to be fancy, just satisfy his grading rubric.

Umm, NO WAY IN HELL should your resume be more than one page. That would be a catastrophe.

If anyone doesn't need matlab, don't pm me. :)

Were you guys taught how to make one? Or does he simply think you should already know how? Seems a bit odd.

We did a tutorial where we made a basic one with Word. Now we're supposed to either use word or something else to make something more complicated. It is weird.

I have to create a website with my resume on it for a BIS class and was wondering if anyone had any software suggestions for doing this. Our book reccomended Word, but I've heard it can be a PITA to use for that purpose.

What exactly does a website entail? Multiple pages, a single page for the resume?

Multiple pages, basically a page for each section of the resume. I'll look into notepad. It doesn't need to be fancy, just satisfy his grading rubric.

Umm, NO WAY IN HELL should your resume be more than one page. That would be a catastrophe.

Good point, but then again he said content didn't matter, just the making of the site. Which puzzles me if he hasn't taught anything regarding that.

:woot: found packers of briskets. If you need the Love Matt let me know. Restaurant Depot wholesale. :) Just took some finagling to get a membership :P

Awesome! I am all over it. Wifes favorite is brisket.

Anything else you want in bulk as well. Yesterday's special Angus Prime NY Strip $4.04 /lb (50+ lbs)

That is disgustingly good. I couldn't use that much quickly though and would have to freeze. I have never frozen beef for steaks before. Isn't that a bad idea?

At that price it is worth freezing. A good steak frozen is better than a mediocre one fresh. Just have to allocate a couple days to thaw in the fridge and slowly bring it back to room temp.

More interested in the Subaru BRZ, myself.

Yeah that too. Of course someone can say were missing the porsche and lambo.

Porsche looks pretty much just like every 911 ever made. Lambo hasn't changed much in 10 years, so, meh. The Subaru just looks odd to me. It's reminiscent of a smushed TVR. Love the S60R.

The new Lamborghini is pretty insane. I believe it is supposed to be in the next Batman.

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-geneva2011live-04.jpg

You need to see the new Top Gear.

Were you guys taught how to make one? Or does he simply think you should already know how? Seems a bit odd.

We did a tutorial where we made a basic one with Word. Now we're supposed to either use word or something else to make something more complicated. It is weird.

I see. :P

I could whip something up basic, but if he asks you about the code, you may have to resort to eating a twix.

While thinking of the word twix, I almost wrote twickers. :lol:

It's harder to write a good resume than a Masters Thesis so approaching that in a class perhaps wouldn't be such a great thing.

While thinking of the word twix, I almost wrote twinkers. :lol:

That explains the Volvo, hmm

Agreed. That's why it's not. It's multiple web pages, not physical pages. So, a page for references, a page for previous experience etc. It's a stupid fucking assignment IMO

Definitely use old english for your font. :lol:

I could whip something up basic, but if he asks you about the code, you may have to resort to eating a twix.

I'm not sure what any of that meas, so I probably would, lol. I don't need you to do anything like that though. Was just curious what program would be the quickest to learn to get this done. Notepad doesn't seem too difficult, at least for what I'm doing.

I'm not sure what any of that meas, so I probably would, lol. I don't need you to do anything like that though. Was just curious what program would be the quickest to learn to get this done. Notepad doesn't seem too difficult, at least for what I'm doing.

If you use any text editor, your going to be writing html and css (the text editor isn't going to do anything except save what you type), it's pretty straight forward, but trying to do it all in one night may be a little challenging.

I got the kava root supplements in today, took the recommended dose, felt a slight calming effect. I'll try again tomorrow, even a placebo could help me (assuming I didn't know it was). :ehh:

If you use any text editor, your going to be writing html and css (the text editor isn't going to do anything except save what you type), it's pretty straight forward, but trying to do it all in one night may be a little challenging.

Yea, I figured it'd be time consuming. I'll get started tonight. Thanks for the advice.

Yea, I figured it'd be time consuming. I'll get started tonight. Thanks for the advice.

If you get stuck with anything let me know.

If you get stuck with anything let me know.

Be brave when asking Stef for help.

R2

When shooting I am having 2 problems that I noticed today more than ever. I am not able to shoot with both eyes open on iron sights. Everytime I line up the front and focus it to where I need it to be my stereo vision creates two target images and I loose the sight. I can close the left and put it down, but everything I read says I am handicapping myself only using one eye.

Next, I have started to blink when shooting. This is a kind of new thing for me. Especially when shooting the AR10 and AK. I have to concentrait to keep my eye open, and if another shooter is working the trigger I blink every shot. I am not sure when I gained a flinch reflex but do you have any tips?

Finally do you know of some good documentation on grip strategy for pistol? I am right hand right eye dominant. I fit my right hand on the grip and hold firm. I use my left around my right with a stronger grip and have both thumbs on the left. For me, my 1911 is the easiest to shoot even though the grip feels "long" and I stretch my finger a bit. With the 9mm and even with the ruger 22 in a bull bbl I feel like I can't get the grip right and just wanted to some pointers there too. The ruger angle is a nightmare for my thick wrists, but I would like to improve it a bit anyway. The XDM feels close to the 1911 but I feel like the nose comes up harder when it barks.

Any tips would be great. I know you are a champ at this so I appreciate any pointers.

Time for sleeps. The little one better let me get more than 2 hours tonight...

Your xdm is the 9mm? Mine is pretty comfortable, but my hands aren't big either.

If it helps my groups with pistol are always a bit up and to the left.

Next to the average guy with as much shooting time as me I get more bulls eyes, but the groups are a bit more all over. I do have a problem with any trigger than an 1911 though. All other resets feel wrong and I occasionally double tap. I chalk it up to adrenalin when I'm trying hard but it's much more frequent on longer trigger resets like the ruger.