mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

It is the one meal that I don't normally hop into other cultures for.

I have had a ton of Japanese breakfasts and surely dig Huevos Rancheros I also like the Russian cold salads and European cold cuts, but am all over the place right now.

nina2012 just got the perma-disabled posting capabilities...or lack there of. You can't sell Ugg's here bitch.

Anyone have any good places to get some foie gras here? I always bring it back from Europe, but am out. Somehow this talk of food made me want some along with a glass of a nice dry champagne.

<--needs to eat and pick up the garage. 10 min job but I ahve tools from four projects on the workbench

Thanks. As stated, I am completely open.

My backup plan is to go to the co-op and see what looks fresh and go from there.

Right now I'd like some seafood benedict though...

I have never had that!! What seafood? sounds so good!

Off to do some volunteer work for the holidays, yall be good without me. :peepwall:

I have had a ton of Japanese breakfasts and surely dig Huevos Rancheros I also like the Russian cold salads and European cold cuts, but am all over the place right now.

My family does a polish rye borsht.

It's "off the hook" Definately sour soup. We add in some sausage from Kramarchek's ham and eggs, and then fresh horseradish.

THAT will knock out my sinus's. We eat this as a breakfast BTW. I have never found someone outside my family who had it for the first time and loved it... then again I haven't invited any eastern europians to easter or christmass breakfast! lol

Steak dinner last night and another planned for Christmas night; two steak dinners in four nights :woot:

probably BBQ for lunch at least once in between

I made sure to eat some oatmeal for breakfast today "just to be on the safe side" :ohsnap:

Thanks. As stated, I am completely open.

My backup plan is to go to the co-op and see what looks fresh and go from there.

Right now I'd like some seafood benedict though...

I have never had that!! What seafood? sounds so good!

I usually do bay scallops and shrimp, but have been known to do a fish with a white flesh as well. Spinach can be a nice adder also.

My family does a polish rye borsht.

It's "off the hook" Definately sour soup. We add in some sausage from Kramarchek's ham and eggs, and then fresh horseradish.

THAT will knock out my sinus's. We eat this as a breakfast BTW. I have never found someone outside my family who had it for the first time and loved it... then again I haven't invited any eastern europians to easter or christmass breakfast! lol

Breakfast? Got me there. I bet I'd like it the first time and am not an Eastern European. Of course, unfair to you I did live in Russia for 3 months.

That makes you part Russian.

where did you stay?

Yep. Meat and sour soup. The smell is something that assaults the nostrils. I love it. Beat borsch is nothing like it. In fact I have searched the internet a few times and have yet to ever see anything else like it made how we do it. It's not complicated. It's just a little "why the fak would you do that"?

For referance it's a fermented rye soup. rather than just the more common cold "sour" soups. This is a soup we serve hot over the meat.

I lived in Moscow, but visited Kiev and Leningrad & St Petersburg. Both how you ask? I was in Leningrad when they changed it "back"

They do fun stuff with Rye. I am very interested in trying it.

They do fun stuff with Rye. I am very interested in trying it.

... vodka.....

mMMmmmmmm

I haven't had a polish vodka in a LONG time. I have been drinking kettle for so long now.

That soup looks very tasty.

I need to see if we have something similar among the traditional meals.

Just found out that the electric pump I want to use as an after-run coolant pump is used for that purpose on vw turbo engines. And the funny thing is it was cheaper to buy from the USA.

Considering the American Peso is worth jack shit I am not surprised.