mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Sean IMHO I would say to him 'Tell ya what lets have another mechanic look it over. IF they dont find the EXACT same 3 issues u pay full price for the car. If they do I'll shave 600 off the price to cover 1/2 the repairs.

J

I like the way you think, but it would waste $200 finding them and he'd prep them so they would. Even still he needs to just suck it up and pay for it. That part isn't negotiable.

Fuckers, some people don't understand cars have an age...

Bushings are a bit worn, if he wants a new car he should buy a new car.

What 20 year old car won't have worn bushings? What 94k mi car won't have worn bushings? Who do you know that has EVER replaced bushings that were worn on a car with less than 100k miles?

Sean IMHO I would say to him 'Tell ya what lets have another mechanic look it over. IF they dont find the EXACT same 3 issues u pay full price for the car. If they do I'll shave 600 off the price to cover 1/2 the repairs.

J

I like the way you think, but it would waste $200 finding them and he'd prep them so they would. Even still he needs to just suck it up and pay for it. That part isn't negotiable.

What 20 year old car won't have worn bushings? What 94k mi car won't have worn bushings? Who do you know that has EVER replaced bushings that were worn on a car with less than 100k miles?

The E55 needed new motor and tranny bushings at ~78

No EAS at Wally World; found some Six Star Muscle though that is as equally potent (~23g per scoop), $8.50 a pound, and doesn't smell like horse piss. Smells quite lovely, actually...

J

The E55 needed new motor and tranny bushings at ~78

These are subframe bushings though so that don't matter.

Gave him another $250 and he is fine. Car is SOLD!!

:woot:

<--needs a 4 door though so it won't be for me

Just because major portions of the German Autobahn have no speed limit doesn't mean you can drive as fast as you want anywhere in Europe. Where there are posted restrictions, most European countries take speeding very seriously and levy hefty fines. The latest case in point is a 37-year-old Swedish man who was clocked at 180 miles per hour on a motorway between Bern and Lausanne in Switzerland. Unfortunately for this driver of a new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Switzerland doesn't have fixed fines for speeding. Instead they use a formula similar to that in Finland where the fine is calculated based on the vehicle's speed and the driver's income. Back in 2002, Nokia executive Anssi Vanjoki had to pay a fine of $103,600 for going 47 mph in a 31 mph zone. In this latest incident, the driver faces a penalty of just over $1 million for traveling at the highest speed ever recorded on a public road in Switzerland. Apparently the SLS escaped being clocked by several older cameras that are limited to 125 mph before finally being recorded by a new camera with a higher radar speed range. His excuse: The speedometer was faulty.

income adjustable speeding tickets, eh?

I never have an issue reheating stuff, but I won't just throw anything in the mic. I'm not a fan of left overs either, but I only cook for myself and Gavin, so I have left overs no matter what.

What do you use the mic for ALL the time then?

Oatmeal, certain vegetables (steam bags), hot dogs, whatever left overs I feel will actually work in there, for instance, tonight I heated up a plate of roast I cooked yesterday along with the veggies, rice, warming my brownies; I ALWAYS have fresh brownies. . . Etc. . .

I would never use it to cook something, and I never use it for poultry or pork.

Interesting, I find it VERY strange you won't do poultry or pork but you reheat roast. The mic kills beef quick.

I can also see a difference here. I don't buy instant anything, if its oatmeal I am using raw oats, veggies don't come frozen in my house (except peas), and I don't eat hot dogs. I like the always having fresh brownies :)

I have no issue re-heating beef. Depending on size of course, I put it on for about 45 second, then flip, and continue until it's warm enough. Poultry, fiish, and pork are too easily dried by the mic, so I don't use it for them. Funny you mention peas as that's really the only thing I use the mic for vegetable wise. Gavin loves the frozen pea podsin a steam bag, so I get them for him all the time. Occasionally, I'll try some of the other stuff, but I don't much like forzen veggies. My beans and corn I buy canned, so they go on the stove. I will use the mic for potatoes though. I wrap them in a wet wash cloth and zap them several times. I also use this method for corn-on-the-cob if I'm in a pinch and have no time for grilling, and for rice, although I simply place it over the top of the rice.

J

Myself.

Mileage is nothing, it's all about age with rubber, but I completely understand your point. Your car is garage kept, meticulously maintained, and in great shape, plus we all know German-engineered rubber is far superior to any other rubber.

Okay, the last part was to be a mix of humor, but reads rather sexual. Maybe it's just my brain.

EDIT: you were fast to cross the system in the signature :lol:

J

Myself.

Mileage is nothing, it's all about age with rubber, but I completely understand your point. Your car is garage kept, meticulously maintained, and in great shape, plus we all know German-engineered rubber is far superior to any other rubber.

I should have clarified sub-frame bushings and eliminated people who did it to upgrade. Either way, you understood my point :fing34:

I never have an issue reheating stuff, but I won't just throw anything in the mic. I'm not a fan of left overs either, but I only cook for myself and Gavin, so I have left overs no matter what.

What do you use the mic for ALL the time then?

Oatmeal, certain vegetables (steam bags), hot dogs, whatever left overs I feel will actually work in there, for instance, tonight I heated up a plate of roast I cooked yesterday along with the veggies, rice, warming my brownies; I ALWAYS have fresh brownies. . . Etc. . .

I would never use it to cook something, and I never use it for poultry or pork.

Interesting, I find it VERY strange you won't do poultry or pork but you reheat roast. The mic kills beef quick.

I can also see a difference here. I don't buy instant anything, if its oatmeal I am using raw oats, veggies don't come frozen in my house (except peas), and I don't eat hot dogs. I like the always having fresh brownies :)

I have no issue re-heating beef. Depending on size of course, I put it on for about 45 second, then flip, and continue until it's warm enough. Poultry, fiish, and pork are too easily dried by the mic, so I don't use it for them. Funny you mention peas as that's really the only thing I use the mic for vegetable wise. Gavin loves the frozen pea podsin a steam bag, so I get them for him all the time. Occasionally, I'll try some of the other stuff, but I don't much like forzen veggies. My beans and corn I buy canned, so they go on the stove. I will use the mic for potatoes though. I wrap them in a wet wash cloth and zap them several times. I also use this method for corn-on-the-cob if I'm in a pinch and have no time for grilling, and for rice, although I simply place it over the top of the rice.

I have the unfair advantage of instant boiling water straight from the tap of my coffee machine at anytime. A quick bath, dump, bath and peas are done. Potatoes are actually a valid use as really a mic boils water and that is a reasonable way to heat them, but I don't eat "baked" potatoes. I do eat a lot of potatoes that I cut in half/quarters and douse in olive oil, rosemary, and sea salt. Usually small reds though. Those obviously have to be done in the oven or on the grill.

I can't even stand what the mic does to the taste of sloppy joes. Any real meat and I am more concerned.

Considering it has had no stereo for a while I wouldn't call that fast :) I was going to change my avatar to, but I don't know to what.

Baked potatoes, mmmmm, I love making them at the country house. Wood fire in the oven and cooked sloooow.

Considering it has had no stereo for a while I wouldn't call that fast :) I was going to change my avatar to, but I don't know to what.

You are forced to buy another M5 because of the screen name :P

Need to change it to 'I can't decide what the hell I am going to have work lease' :P