mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Finally got my hookah supa-clean. Nothing worked except for baking soda...

Put some kool-aid in there and smoke something fruity. It tastes awesome!

Finally got my hookah supa-clean. Nothing worked except for baking soda...

Put some kool-aid in there and smoke something fruity. It tastes awesome!

My entire hookah after smoking out of it for so long it tasted burnt/bitter no matter what shisha we smoked.

So I tried boiling water + vinegar, then I tried boiling water, Salt and Isopropyl alcohol. Then I tried Baking soda and hot water over night and it works like a charm. Even gets rid of the taste from the clay bowl

Yeah we always use boiling water with a little soap and baking soda, and it works.

But instead of filling it with water when you smoke try koolaid or wine. It gives it a very nice flavor.

Yeah we always use boiling water with a little soap and baking soda, and it works.

soap didnt work either.

Thing is i'm VERY proactive on cleaning it. every time I wash it out and it still just blegh

even at rigorous exercise I still can't sleep.

Escape is an overgrown Focus/Mazda3.

I only say an Escape because a vehicle that size is about the biggest tow vehicle I'd ever need. Ya know, if I actually towed something on a regular basis. Although now that I think about a Crown Vic would work just as well and is a far cooler platform to customize.

Personally I would ever own an escape. My parents have one and it's tiny... We have an older explorer ~2005 and we like it much more. The Sync on it too is horrid. WORST voice recognition software I've ever used.

Is it 2-3 years old? If so, it has the My Ford Touch which has been a problem child for many years. If you have just the SYNC system, it's actually flawless if set up properly. I've worked on 6 family member's cars and they all had the SYNC and it was brilliant. Two others with the My Ford Touch, were just problematic.

Although now that I think about a Crown Vic would work just as well and is a far cooler platform to customize.

what kinda custom? and what year were you thinking?

'03+ with the factory 235/55-17 tires (I forget the trim level). Metco control arms for the rear, ADDCO sway bars front and rear, Eaton Detroit Spring Police/Taxi 1 1/2" coils & shortened Police/Taxi KYB Gas-a-Justs all around, and a set of Z rated all seasons (Continental ExtremeContact DWS, General G-MAX AS-03, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, etc.) for handling. Probably swap the cams, have the heads milled & a computer tune for performance. Headers and exhaust to improve sound.

I've also been kicking around the crazy idea to move the gas tank out of the trunk and under the rear floorboards along with modifying the rear suspension bridge and trunk pan to give the trunk a flat floor. I figure there's a good 5-8 cu ft. extra room there. Modify the rear seats too with hardware from a donor vehicle so they can fold down. Might work, might not. I haven't crawled all over one in a while.

If you get one and want to do engine work, talk to me first. You are going about it the wrong ($$$$$$) way. I can save you a ton of money and weight.

I wanted to do a small write-up on a local forum as to why square signals carry more power than the same amplitude as sine-wave signals but can't remember how to work with integrals....so it's time to go back to my notebooks from high-school. It's amazing how easily you forget something you don't use :(

What do you have to do with integrals? Evaluate between two points?

Are you evaluating an integral for a sine function, finding the area between two points. Then evaluating an integral for the square (clipped) signal, finding the area between two points, then comparing the difference?

I think a square wave is around 41% more power then a sine wave?

sine wave rms = peak*0.707

square wave rms = peak, or 1.414*sinewaverms

Assuming of course, their amplitude is the same.

Edited by stefanhinote

I only say an Escape because a vehicle that size is about the biggest tow vehicle I'd ever need. Ya know, if I actually towed something on a regular basis. Although now that I think about a Crown Vic would work just as well and is a far cooler platform to customize.

Personally I would ever own an escape. My parents have one and it's tiny... We have an older explorer ~2005 and we like it much more. The Sync on it too is horrid. WORST voice recognition software I've ever used.

Is it 2-3 years old? If so, it has the My Ford Touch which has been a problem child for many years. If you have just the SYNC system, it's actually flawless if set up properly. I've worked on 6 family member's cars and they all had the SYNC and it was brilliant. Two others with the My Ford Touch, were just problematic.

They just recently bought it IIRC it's a 2011..

I feel as If I'm quite attuned with working with electronics/etc and I couldn't get it to work more than 50% of the time. My dad who is an electrical engineer who couldn't get it to work more than I could. The voice recognition is "functional" at idle speeds but as soon as it gets somewhat loud in the car it just goes to shit. I remember my dad showing me and he did a simple voice command "Call Julian", he enunciated and everything and it ended up on some other task IIRC it asked if he wanted to play a song.

On the other hand my Aunt has a Focus or Taurus with the Sync system and she gets it to work flawlessly, SO I don't know what to make of it all.

Does it have the touchscreen?

And my dad actually READ the manual on SYNC too.. lol I think Ford should of gone with google voice recognition honestly. On my android phone I could get it to work 95% of the time

Does it have the touchscreen?

No it does not

Weird. Well, good luck to him. I would say take it in to the dealer, but damn what a hassle for a convenience problem.

Weird. Well, good luck to him. I would say take it in to the dealer, but damn what a hassle for a convenience problem.

Yeah, My mom was ready to return it she was THAT fed up with it. But the dealer is ~ hour away.

But overall the 2011 escape gets good gas mileage which I'd expect from that tiny car.

Personally I wouldn't want to take more than a 3 hour drive in the rear seat of that car

I'd rather be in my mustang lol

MY son's mom has an '11 Escape as well. The front seat is not too bad, but yes, the rear, fuck that. Fine for kids, but anyone over 5'5" and you're cramped.

we have an 03 escape with 97k and only problem we ever had was the oilpan gasket leaked, was an easy fix. a little small for us now with a baby. now were stepping up a little in size the the Edge limited.

MY son's mom has an '11 Escape as well. The front seat is not too bad, but yes, the rear, fuck that. Fine for kids, but anyone over 5'5" and you're cramped.

Yeah the front isn't bad at all, I rode for an hour in the back and I felt like it was a 10 hour trip. Lol

we have an 03 escape with 97k and only problem we ever had was the oilpan gasket leaked, was an easy fix. a little small for us now with a baby. now were stepping up a little in size the the Edge limited.

We haven't had any issues with our 05 Explorer except for some aesthetic stuff. The rear hatch panel likes to crack, we had it fixed at some point but stopped caring. I think that car LITERALLY has 50k miles on it.

I've had the mustang for almost 2 years and it nearly has 30k miles on it O.o

99% of that is Hwy miles though.

Changed the air filter a few days ago.. went from 25/26mpg to 30-32MPG even with all the bass lol

Have you driven the Edge yet? My mom had one and my sister and her husband both have one, and I can's stand driving them. The damn nose cuts so sharply, I could never get used to exactly where that front end was. It's not much bigger than the Escape inside either, and even worse, the Explorer is only slightly larger than the Edge inside.

We haven't had any issues with our 05 Explorer except for some aesthetic stuff. The rear hatch panel likes to crack, we had it fixed at some point but stopped caring. I think that car LITERALLY has 50k miles on it.

My mother wanted to buy a used one, but they made her such a deal on a new one, she couldn't say no.

Have you driven the Edge yet? My mom had one and my sister and her husband both have one, and I can's stand driving them. The damn nose cuts so sharply, I could never get used to exactly where that front end was. It's not much bigger than the Escape inside either, and even worse, the Explorer is only slightly larger than the Edge inside.

Do you know anything about the new Ecoboost Explorer? all I know it's a 2.0.. Seems like American producers are finally taking cues from foreign companies and using smaller more efficient engines or adding turbos to raise HP/MPG