mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Oh yeah, use a 12 volt DC bulb for this, not a 120V AC bulb, or you will melt your wires ;)

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Any special plans or just thanksgiving?

See my daughter, celebrate my mom and step dad's birthday's........relaxation.

J

J

Sounds fun!

J

Sounds fun!

Should be. Plenty of beer drinking too.

J

A zener allows a backfeed if the voltages are too high. The rectifier should handle the AC. there should be no backfeed after the rectifier converts it to DC, unless the output voltage is skewed by a bad rectifier.

And without a zener it'll surely back feed.

I realize somehow I am making this impossible for you to help....but it ISN'T on purpose, lol.

Take an AC feed that is regulated to 12v AC. Run it into two things:

1) Rectifier

2) 2 wire LED Tail Light & Brake Light

Take output of the Rectifier (through brake handle) and connect it to:

2) 2 wire LED Tail Light & Brake Light

Idea is that the LED works as a diode (half bridge rectifier) and runs at 12/2=6v (peak) * .7 (RMS) = 4.2V DC for a Running light

When you apply brake lever, it kicks the 12v DC onto the same line as the half bridge rectified AC. Providing another 12v DC to the line making the light brighter as a brake light than a tail light.

My concern is that the AC output that is going to the tail light will back feed into the rectifier since it is wired in parallel thus destroying the rectifier. If the output of the rectifier has a zener diode that can reject 12v AC then it is no problem. If it doesn't then I buy a new rectifier.

My assumption is that the rectifier is idiot proof since it is on a snowmobile, but not sure that I want to test it with a $40 oops.

This solution requires absolutely no re-wiring or adjustments. The other option of course is to use the rectifier output for the taillight and build a voltage divider to make it less power before the brake light is applied. This is way more work than just changing the connection of one wire that happens to already be in the right connector...

Is that more clear?

Problem is paralleling DC & AC after the rectifier and maybe then damaging it.

Oh yeah, use a 12 volt DC bulb for this, not a 120V AC bulb, or you will melt your wires wink.png

Only other problem is I "can't" start it atm and want to wire everything up. I do have access to a power supply to feed the rectifier though but it would be a pain in my ass as my power supply is a function generator and an amplifier :P

Went to get some coffee at a place here that roasts their own beans, but they closed at 2pm. I may have to hit them up in the morning.

Can always order from Intelligentsia

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Any special plans or just thanksgiving?

J

Your daughter doesn't live close? I didn't know that.

Sounds really nice.

damn, you guys are really boring. spice up your lives. live a little. let go and give in

if you all seen me singing behind these headphones you would pry think i'm crazy. you have to love music, it sets you free

damn, you guys are really boring. spice up your lives. live a little. let go and give in

Been there, done that, still paying for the mistakes.

LoL

Been there, done that, still paying for the mistakes.

LoL

i do too, but you only live life once. you might as well be happy doing it

if i didn't know all of you were so stuck up i would post up a bunch of great music for you to listen to. . . . . . or not. i always just try to be free and live my life with a smile. i mean phuck it, you could die tomorrow so why not right?

i know sandt38 could use a little vasaline. he's a bit anal about what i play. atleast Sean just says "yuk" and maybe others listen along. Stefan is turning out to be an 80yr old and not liking to have fun either. just ChILL

"is everybody having a good time or what"

So what's your advice for giving in and letting go a little?

This should be interesting

So what's your advice for giving in and letting go a little?

This should be interesting

na, your just a dik so i'll let it go till you figure it outwink.png

na, your just a dik so i'll let it go till you figure it outwink.png

Clearly.

only a douche would have his signature backing up his own name saying "He's grrrrrrrrreat!"

Lol shits going down in the hop!

only a douche would have his signature backing up his own name saying "He's grrrrrrrrreat!"

You're so very quick to point fingers and call people names... that's saddening for an optimist like me :/

Plus, it's a lame frostedflake's pun. Tony the tiger.

i'm ready to take it from you all tonight. i'm sick of you people talking shit about me when you don't even know me. you piss me the fuk off. i don't even care anymore. i use to come in here with a smile and like what i seen, but then i seen the darker side of you guys and it just pisses me off. Dem Beats is a cool ass dude and i could talk to that guy, but alot of you guys are so f'in tight i'm surprised your not up your own asses. you guys look at the cover of everything and just go from there. try to see whats inside for once. the lyrics behind the music, thats what counts. who gives a fuk if i post up a bunch of tunes some night, listen to them if you like otherwise just scroll past them. you act like swiping your finger down and clicking the next page is so hard to do." OMG i have to work." WHO CARES???? just chill for a second and take it in. life isn't always on the go, there are slow relaxing moments to it. the timmes i post music are my moments that i can sit back and relax. when you post dumb shit do i go and tell you how stupid you are? "no, because i don't do stupid shit" because you uptight and need to relax.

Edited by ChILL

You're so very quick to point fingers and call people names... that's saddening for an optimist like me :/

Plus, it's a lame frostedflake's pun. Tony the tiger.

yeah, i grew up in the 80's