mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Bimota kicked in the doors at the 2012 EICMA International Motorcycle Show with a whopping 19 models, and while creations like the 1198cc Ducati Testastretta-powered DB11 and the BMW S1000RR-based BB2 are enough get our hearts pumping, the 2013 DB11 VLX can stop them all together. That beast situates the same 1198cc Duc engine between the rails of a custom frame, but bolts on a supercharger for good measure. That's right, there's a blown V-twin dumping 188 horsepower on this bike's rear tire. We'll admit, we're having a hard time wrapping our mind around that sort of lunacy.

The DB11 VLX just goes to show no one does insanity with quite the same elegance as the Italians. With 105 pound-feet of torque on hand and a curb weight of under 400 pounds, the DB11 VLX is likely quick enough to carry you from zero to dead faster than anything else in your stable. We approve. Right now, there's no word on how much the machine will set you back, but like most toys worth having, you probably don't have the pennies if you have to ask.

well the inner fat kid in me just committed suicide, hostess announced today that they are liquidating all remaining product and closing doors forever

if i didn't know all of you were so stuck up i would post up a bunch of great music for you to listen to. . . . . . or not. i always just try to be free and live my life with a smile. i mean phuck it, you could die tomorrow so why not right?

You've never posted good music. Always shitty quality and 99 out of 100 times the song isn't even listenable.

A zener allows a backfeed if the voltages are too high. The rectifier should handle the AC. there should be no backfeed after the rectifier converts it to DC, unless the output voltage is skewed by a bad rectifier.

And without a zener it'll surely back feed.

I realize somehow I am making this impossible for you to help....but it ISN'T on purpose, lol.

Take an AC feed that is regulated to 12v AC. Run it into two things:

1) Rectifier

2) 2 wire LED Tail Light & Brake Light

Take output of the Rectifier (through brake handle) and connect it to:

2) 2 wire LED Tail Light & Brake Light

Idea is that the LED works as a diode (half bridge rectifier) and runs at 12/2=6v (peak) * .7 (RMS) = 4.2V DC for a Running light

When you apply brake lever, it kicks the 12v DC onto the same line as the half bridge rectified AC. Providing another 12v DC to the line making the light brighter as a brake light than a tail light.

My concern is that the AC output that is going to the tail light will back feed into the rectifier since it is wired in parallel thus destroying the rectifier. If the output of the rectifier has a zener diode that can reject 12v AC then it is no problem. If it doesn't then I buy a new rectifier.

My assumption is that the rectifier is idiot proof since it is on a snowmobile, but not sure that I want to test it with a $40 oops.

This solution requires absolutely no re-wiring or adjustments. The other option of course is to use the rectifier output for the taillight and build a voltage divider to make it less power before the brake light is applied. This is way more work than just changing the connection of one wire that happens to already be in the right connector...

Is that more clear?

Problem is paralleling DC & AC after the rectifier and maybe then damaging it.

I see where you are coming from now. Does the LED have a Zener incorporated into it? It would seem to me that it should, if it is intended to function this way

It's my understanding that LED's in nature do exactly that. Of course the input will be paralleled before the LED so it still may backfeed into the rectifier.

My question is somewhat loaded as I understand the circuit pretty well, but have no idea how to test what I hope is actually there.

Bimota kicked in the doors at the 2012 EICMA International Motorcycle Show with a whopping 19 models, and while creations like the 1198cc Ducati Testastretta-powered DB11 and the BMW S1000RR-based BB2 are enough get our hearts pumping, the 2013 DB11 VLX can stop them all together. That beast situates the same 1198cc Duc engine between the rails of a custom frame, but bolts on a supercharger for good measure. That's right, there's a blown V-twin dumping 188 horsepower on this bike's rear tire. We'll admit, we're having a hard time wrapping our mind around that sort of lunacy.

The DB11 VLX just goes to show no one does insanity with quite the same elegance as the Italians. With 105 pound-feet of torque on hand and a curb weight of under 400 pounds, the DB11 VLX is likely quick enough to carry you from zero to dead faster than anything else in your stable. We approve. Right now, there's no word on how much the machine will set you back, but like most toys worth having, you probably don't have the pennies if you have to ask.

Way less torque and HP per cc than my snowmobile, in fact less than 20% more at 2x the displacement and same curb weight. Racing to 80 with an asphalt track I'm pretty sure I'd put the shame on the Duc.

i'm ready to take it from you all tonight. i'm sick of you people talking shit about me when you don't even know me. you piss me the fuk off.

Dick that small? It's a fucking forum on the internet. As for not knowing you, you are very simple and easy to read. You may think you are deceiving us in how you type, but the only one you are deceiving is yourself.

i use to come in here with a smile and like what i seen, but then i seen the darker side of you guys and it just pisses me off.

Darker side, rofl. Eye of the beholder. You are only seeing what you want to see. Just another way to deceive yourself to promote what you think you need for you. One of your character traits. We've seen it over and over and over and over.

you guys look at the cover of everything and just go from there.

Pot calling the kettle black is never a very good argument. In particular when it isn't at all the case.

try to see whats inside for once.

Do everyday and try to do it even more. It's called learning. You should try it once.

the lyrics behind the music, thats what counts.

Or the music counts. Or both. Or in the case of the shit you normally post, neither.

who gives a fuk if i post up a bunch of tunes some night, listen to them if you like otherwise just scroll past them. you act like swiping your finger down and clicking the next page is so hard to do.

When you spam follow the fucking HOP etiquette and mark the beginning and end of your nonsense like we all do

just chill for a second and take it in.

We'd all love to, but the nonsensical bullshit and shitty music don't make that easy. Why not try to explain why it's chill instead of puking random shit.

life isn't always on the go, there are slow relaxing moments to it.

So why the fuck are you all up tight about it now. Perhaps you need to ChiLL yourself.

well the inner fat kid in me just committed suicide, hostess announced today that they are liquidating all remaining product and closing doors forever

Fuck yeah!

i am happy also that Hostess is liquidating everything. Now if only Little Debbie would do the same

Damn I slept on my face and arms! Feels like my arms are heavy and face is numb.

Manufacturing in the US isn't dying, it's just changing. Last year the US manufactured twice the dollars amount of China, BUT we make high end, high tech stuff like fighter jets and electric turbines not happy meal toys or sandals. The snake cake market is very competitive and doesn't have the margins to be able to pay union wages and benefits. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Why are you guys happy about failed American industries? If you don't want to eat junk food, don't, but why be glad when people are offered less choice. Fat people (I am one) are fat by choice in most cases, it isn't a companies fault people don't exercise or abuse their products. Are you the same guys who think guns kill people?

i never was a fan of hostess snacks, but its still sad to see a good company go under

Why are you guys happy about failed American industries? If you don't want to eat junk food, don't, but why be glad when people are offered less choice. Fat people (I am one) are fat by choice in most cases, it isn't a companies fault people don't exercise or abuse their products. Are you the same guys who think guns kill people?

I knew someone would say that.

I don't have a problem with people eating shit food as I believe people have the right to do what pleases them as long as it doesn't harm others, but that doesn't mean I have to be unhappy about hostess closing.

Don't see why you need to bring firearms into this.

Well I guess I need to start cutting some woood!

Not what you all are thinking either with your dirty minds and such! ;)

Manufacturing in the US isn't dying, it's just changing. Last year the US manufactured twice the dollars amount of China, BUT we make high end, high tech stuff like fighter jets and electric turbines not happy meal toys or sandals. The snake cake market is very competitive and doesn't have the margins to be able to pay union wages and benefits. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

And Germany leads the world in exports...

I'm not happy when anything fails. Actually didn't even realize it was happening. Of course, it shows a serious lack of leadership to not adjust due to the times. Definitely make your own choices, but it would be great if there were more good ones available.

You'd be surprised how addictive empty calories are. The first cure in getting healthy is to cut them out. It's shocking how something so addictive turns disgusting and how quickly.

Fat people (I am one) are fat by choice in most cases, it isn't a companies fault people don't exercise or abuse their products.

By choice? You woke up one day and said, "I want to be fat?". If so, you are the first I've met. Now choosing not to exercise and choosing what you eat of course. Your choice completely. Of course, what if I legalize something that is absolutely terrible for you, make it desirable through false promises in advertising, and get you to try it. Say this thing is EXTREMELY addictive and then it directly alters your life in a very negative way. Should this be allowed? Think of what would happen if we legalized Heroin.

Are you the same guys who think guns kill people?

The Heroin analogy is much more akin than the false conclusion you drew.

At the same time, one could argue for your health that some of these items are as bad for you as other drugs. May not kill you quite as fast, but surely alter your reality enough to make you desire them. Different levels of addiction exist and most people I know that exhibit these eating habits have health concerns because of it. Am I recommending regulation? Fuck no. At the same time proper education and disclosure for sure. If you want to kill yourself by doing whatever you like it is absolutely your choice as it is your body. Making sure that you know what is happening however is something that should be disclosed.

Btw, I also solely choose what I eat based on taste. Conveniently though I have taught my body to not desire things that are downright nasty. Funny part is that it was really easy. Just abstained for a short period of time and bam, it grosses me the fuck out.

I knew someone would say that.

I don't have a problem with people eating shit food as I believe people have the right to do what pleases them as long as it doesn't harm others, but that doesn't mean I have to be unhappy about hostess closing.

Don't see why you need to bring firearms into this.

Snake cakes make you fat and guns are at fault for killing people, it's not a direct correlation, but rather a general indication of the current trend to decrease personal responsibility. I'm not giving corporations a blank check either, I don't like how decentralized stock holders make decisions that affect people they never have to come into contact with, unfortunately I don't know of any system that works better.

Snake cakes make you fat and guns are at fault for killing people, it's not a direct correlation, but rather a general indication of the current trend to decrease personal responsibility.

Ones addictive other isn't. Although I couldn't agree more with the indication of the current bullshit trend.

Snake cakes make you fat and guns are at fault for killing people, it's not a direct correlation, but rather a general indication of the current trend to decrease personal responsibility.

Ones addictive other isn't. Although I couldn't agree more with the indication of the current bullshit trend.

I get your point about the addictive nature of snack foods, but I'm not sure that's the major cause of obesity. We enjoy so much leisure time and technology has improved entertainment so much that we live largely sedintary lifestyles. Increased fear of child molestation, single working or both working parents mean children are not playing outside like they used to. Most jobs these days require very little if any physical labor. You add all this up and cultural forces are hard at work "making" Americans obese. I didn't even point out the "food deserts" that many poor neighborhoods around the US face.

I strongly fight my Libertarian, pro-Malthus slant- don't do a damn thing and let the weak die, the human race will be better for it in the long run.

Nice little read, I may just know this guy.

http://www.lockhaven...s.html?nav=5009

Great read, thanks Nem. There is a very big push coming from the Federal gov to revamp education- they're called Common Core standards and are designed to better prepare American students for college and careers. I still like Japan's model where high school is not required, instead middle school students who don't test well enough enter technical training and prepare for careers in skilled labor, but we'll never do that here.

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Any special plans or just thanksgiving?

See my daughter, celebrate my mom and step dad's birthday's........relaxation.

J

Your daughter doesn't live close? I didn't know that.

Sounds really nice.

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Any special plans or just thanksgiving?

See my daughter, celebrate my mom and step dad's birthday's........relaxation.

J

Your daughter doesn't live close? I didn't know that.

Sounds really nice.

She lives back in NY with her mom. It will be nice to see her again.

J