mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I would send you my receiver, but I think my brother has already spoken for it. I can ask again for ya if you want, its a Yamaha RX-V480 in decent shape without a remote.

Full components > Receiver

lol @ Phat making a thread for me in the Lounge...

Full components > Receiver

Werd.

Get a nice solid state power amp to do 75WPC or so, and a tube preamp for it. Something like a Bottlehead Foreplay would be perfect - dual 12AU7's and pretty cheap. Tuner could come seperately if you care about listening to broadcast radio.

Broadcast radio?? What is that? Do they still have it? Is this just something that only is still available on the East Coast?

huh, huh, huh, huh, jim said foreplay, huh, huh

PA -

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1146536301

Preamp -

http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/fore...3/foreplay3.htm

So it's a kit. Gives you something to do when you're not embarrassing weenies at the gym.

Next step - get your turntable up and running with a Grado or Sumiko cart from the Needle Doctor.

With those towers...that would be...:njizzzzm:

See you all Monday, I am off to the farm to butcher a pig.

That's awesome!  Thanks!!

Working on procuring a head right now.  Plenty of 2.3s lying around the old man's yard.

What are you putting that beast of a plant in?

Now isn't that obvious??? :D

Well its a given that it is a Mustang, but you didn't give us any details. Since you posted the 2.3L question, I would throw out a guess of an 82-84 Turbo GT?

'89LX. It currently houses a 160K 5.0 and 5 speed. MY bro is taking the tranny and pedal assembly, and I always wanted to build a turbo 2.3 having owned several in the past and loving them.

Judging by your new sig pic, I don't think we can call you french pirate anymore, Kent :P Unless we wanted our asses kicked. Good luck with everything.

I wanna see the CHAPS sans jeans! :hay:

Anyone happen to know off hand what they can get 1/2" baltic birch for locally? I know it's going to vary by a couple bucks, but I want to get an idea...3/4" is $45 here, but I don't need it that thick.

Hell, the big chains around here charge $40 just for birch faced MDF. Actual birch ply is upwards of $55.

Anyone painted brake calipers before?  Since I am putting more open rims on this spring, I thought I would paint the calipers when I do my brakes.  Red crossed my mind, but I like the subtle black.  I imagine it should be pretty easy, clean, clean, clean, paint and assemble?

Mine were pretty easy. Never get too dirty, so the cleaning was the easy part.

Judging by your new sig pic, I don't think we can call you french pirate anymore, Kent :P Unless we wanted our asses kicked. Good luck with everything.

I wanna see the CHAPS sans jeans! :hay:

hmmm, that might cost ya ryan.....

boxers or no boxers?

what do i get if i post that publicly?? comeon now, make it worth my while...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

what do i get if i post that publicly??

My undying admiration?

:lol2:

It's pouring outside. Nice.

day actually turned out pretty good dennis..thanks.

i found out i could have my old job back up north...i have an interview tomorrow..and the stereo place i part time at wants me full time. so i should have the job situation sewn up soon.

the personal life is still a mess though. it just flat out drives me crazy. period. like i've been saying, i sure wish my life was boring right now..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

what do i get if i post that publicly??

My undying admiration?

:lol2:

i thought i already had that??

but no, that's not quite enough... :bow28:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sean, those brakes look beefy.

Im guessing the ones on the right are for the front since they are larger.

The calipers on my accord are painted black, you cant see them at all but they dont stand out like a ugly non painted one.

If you can, definetly go with red, it will look sweet.

Why did all the "general audio sections" of the forum get compressed into one link?

Was that intentional?

Why did all the "general audio sections" of the forum get compressed into one link?

Was that intentional?

yeah, aaron wanted to clean up the forum a bit and consolidate what he thought would make navigation easier.

and noone has answered my question, what is this turd and how'd it get close to the IHoP?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: