mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

i want to get my own boat but im going to have to hold back on spending for a while. Im looking at a '79 run about open bow with a 70 horse johnson. I'd build a pylon for it and add lots of friends or ballast and a nice system and i'd rock the river at 17 :D

79? If its a tri-hull don't do it.

no no no, i wakeboard. Its modified V. with enough ballast and the right trim it should be able to put out a decent wake.

I had an original tr-21 couple years ago with an evinrude 225 on it . It would top out right around 80-90 . It will be interesting to see how the four stroke compares :)

Every needs a boat that goes 90 :)

I was big time into tournament fishing for a while. Kind of took the fun out of it for me though :)

oh and its 18 an footer.

45 min untill b-day crunkage.

since i just got my MD2 i could run my BX1205D for the subs. Then ill need a good 6 chanels with at least 50w each.

The Verado's are sweet.  I did some engineering work on prototype ones and couldn't believe it was a 4 stroke.  Supercharging really helps the four.  That and you gotta love having a hydro-jack plate being built in....

I noticed that . That's a pretty cool feature to have built in :)

2 speaks on the pylon for hte rider, two in the front and two in the back, sub and amp in the console.

hmmm, i wonder how that 70 horse will like pushing the 18ft hull with 800lbs of crap in it

I had an original tr-21 couple years ago with an evinrude 225 on it . It would top out right around 80-90 . It will be interesting to see how the four stroke compares :)

Every needs a boat that goes 90 :)

I was big time into tournament fishing for a while. Kind of took the fun out of it for me though :)

Thinking of starting myself, but only as an AM. We have a great Pro-Am team circuit here and thought the learning experience would be sweet.

hmmm, i wonder how that 70 horse will like pushing the 18ft hull with 800lbs of crap in it

It won't. I wouldn't go less than a 115 and I think that is still too small. Of course I weigh 220 as well.

I need to rephrase that, with a 70hp motor on an 18' boat with 800 lbs of crap, two people in the boat, and a boarder it won't plane.

Oh don't get me wrong it is great fun . I still fish local tournaments around here when I get the itch. But once it becomes a job, it kind of takes the fun out of it for me :)

hmmm. our 14ft bayliner has a 120 i/o mercruiser and it faired well with 7 people, probably 100lbs of gear and yanked me out of the water prety decent.

outboards are expensive though. How much would a 120hp outbaord rin me you think?

I need to rephrase that, with a 70hp motor on an 18' boat with 800 lbs of crap, two people in the boat, and a boarder it won't plane.

the baorder or the boat? i ride at 18mph..if the boat doesnt plane or barely gets there that is more wake for me.

Depends on if you buy new or used. Surprisingly the mid range outboards aren't that bad when you consider the price of new small outboards :)

the baorder or the boat? i ride at 18mph..if the boat doesnt plane or barely gets there that is more wake for me.

Yeah but that also means you burn a chit ton of gas and a lot of excess stress on the motor and transom :)

Used. Also, how much for a used 70hp Johnson. It says it runs good, the case ist just scrached up but i can paint it.

Planing hulls don't run very efficiently unless on plane . :)

Used. Also, how much for a used 70hp Johnson. It says it runs good, the case ist just scrached up but i can paint it.

Used 120 can be had for 1-3 g's depening upon age and condition . How old is the johnson ? :)

early 90's

i dont need to run efficently. :wacky:

i dont need to run efficently. :wacky:

Say that now, but burning a gallon of gas at wot in about 15 minutes might change your mind :)

Round here it would go in the range of 1,100 - 2,500 depening upon the condition. :)

Wait a second, I forgot you live in water world . You should be able to find a decent used outboard pretty cheap as they are everywhere down there :)