mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

i discovered a few things to work on with the stratus tonight (with the test disk).

my sub/mid integration needs a LOT of work, i don't know the exact freq cause i still can't find the details on the test disk i have, but one of the warble tones has a huge hole in it, i'm guessing its around 40hz but that's a total guess. It's loud both before and after but drops to nearly inaudible there. When i have more time that's hopefully easily fixable.

My door panels have two resonances, one in the 200-300hz range and another up near 1khz or higher. I knew about the lower but not the higher. I'm hoping solving that will help tame some of my reflection problems as well since they seem to be right around 1khz.

oh yea, center image sucks, i need to actually setup the time alignment

A hole is MUCH better than a peak. Either way I'd try and roll down the freq's next to it even if it means higher levels on the gains to compensate. Boosting with an eq has never given me results that I am very happy with (other than minor boost of course)

that's the plan, i'm really hoping that it's between the crossover points or something. I need to d/l a bunch of warble tones but no idea where to get them or what program to use to generate them.

Looks like we can build a new enclosure for the stratus sunday if you want matt . Dude can't make up his mind on what kind of subs :(

i discovered a few things to work on with the stratus tonight (with the test disk).

my sub/mid integration needs a LOT of work, i don't know the exact freq cause i still can't find the details on the test disk i have, but one of the warble tones has a huge hole in it, i'm guessing its around 40hz but that's a total guess. It's loud both before and after but drops to nearly inaudible there. When i have more time that's hopefully easily fixable.

My door panels have two resonances, one in the 200-300hz range and another up near 1khz or higher. I knew about the lower but not the higher. I'm hoping solving that will help tame some of my reflection problems as well since they seem to be right around 1khz.

A hole is MUCH better than a peak. Either way I'd try and roll down the freq's next to it even if it means higher levels on the gains to compensate. Boosting with an eq has never given me results that I am very happy with (other than minor boost of course)

that's the plan, i'm really hoping that it's between the crossover points or something. I need to d/l a bunch of warble tones but no idea where to get them or what program to use to generate them.

I'll bring my laptop Sunday . I can burn you a test cd I have. I'll see what I can do about printing out the guide for it :)

what i wish i was running...

h701 combo seems to be what i'm lusting after ATM

mdt-33s in the dash

7" nextels (damn you tom)

12" Q x2 in custom trunk molds

2x memphis belle (1100W/sub and bridged a/b channels for mids and tweet)

If you had an H701 and 2 belle's you should be in the 3 way world. Bridged belle for midbass and the other 4 chn for midrange and tweet. Then you need to up the 7" driver a notch, even though I LOVE the Nextels.

3 way front stage would happen but it'd probably in the manner of making a sub fit somewhere up front instead of an 8" midbass.

Looks like we can build a new enclosure for the stratus sunday if you want matt . Dude can't make up his mind on what kind of subs :(

sounds good to me now i gotta draw up some specs, up to 32" wide, 14" tall 2cubes at 28hz but how wide of a slot port? height will be set at 12.5 so i'm thinking 2-3"

I'll bring my laptop Sunday . I can burn you a test cd I have. I'll see what I can do about printing out the guide for it :)

even better, i really gotta come up with some deadening solutions for the door too but for that i'm 90% sure i'm going to need some sheet metal

Got my Oppo DVD player in today, played a CD or two on it earlier, can't say exactly what is changed but it sounds a lot better than with my SONY 5-disk changer. :)

sounds good to me now i gotta draw up some specs, up to 32" wide, 14" tall 2cubes at 28hz but how wide of a slot port? height will be set at 12.5 so i'm thinking 2-3"

Can you go 14.5" tall ? I have plans for 2 cubes 29hz 32.5 square inch port . This was the monster low end, high power box for the hx2's . :)

No pics though Tom, my brother still has my camera.

Can you go 14.5" tall ? I have plans for 2 cubes 29hz 32.5 square inch port . This was the monster low end, high power box for the hx2's . :)

probably, how deep is it?

17" deep 30" long :)

2.5" x 13" port

should fit, won't leave me a whole lot of trunk though.

i don't mean trunk, i mean space between the trunk and the temp mounted revo

wish I lived near you guys =\

Just a normal weekly thing man . Dave , Heather, Sean, Matt, his girl , and I Hang out usually a couple sundays a month :)

Usually cook way too much food , and build something when it needs done :)

but see that's so cool. I wish I had knowledge folks that just lived down the road from me and could kick it with. Have some beers, some food, and just talk about audio. God that must be bliss.

It's pretty cool. I live about an hour north of them . Dave and Matt live like fifteen minutes away from each other. When jim bob is in he's about 15-20 minutes away as well. Mr. nick is a couple hours away , unless he's at school. THen he's just right down the road too . We have some pretty interesting conversations , and brainstorm sessions :)

IF you don't like having the truth told to you , don't come around us though lol we can be kind of brutal sometimes. I have been known to be a smart ass every once in a while :)

throwing together plans for a little over 2 cubes and sub 28hz tuning, we'll see how it turns out

werd just give us some dimensions. I'll bring the router, clamps, and countersinks. I'll call dave tomorrow and see how well his compressor works. If it works good enough I'll bring the brad nailer . If not I'll bring the countersinks :)

labyrinth ports suck

fun rounding them all off too :D

we'll get it done sunday :)