mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

blue, orange, orange

oh well, 'twas fun while it lasted

Night Night.

What engine?

It's a secret.

If you tell it might make me want the Haflers.

Sean, keep your eye on your mailbox around monday or tuesday

*peels eyes

so this guy comes to my 4sale thread doing what? Trying to talk me out of selling my 8053 or trying to convince me not to go with the 880?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239822

I mean he has some good points but what do you guys think?

Better SQ my ass, sure there will be a sonic difference but using the term SQ in that regard is a joke. Personally L/R eq is more than enough of a reason to lean on the 880.

I do find it funny that he likes the interface on the 880, IMO it is the most convoluted backwards interface of any deck I have ever used (for the settings) the older Eclipses are WAY easier to navigate. I have no experience with the 7100 though so it could be overly complicated as well. With my Eclipse I have never really looked at a manual and to really find things in the 880 I had to pull it out a few times. The 880 uses a tree'd menu structure that requires you remember where things are. Not worth being scared over as it is really easy with a little time but frustrating the first few days which of course are when most of the tuning happens. Conveniently you can ask me though and shorten your curve.

Buy one, if you don't like it I'll trade you the 8454 and work something out with you. ;)

so this guy comes to my 4sale thread doing what? Trying to talk me out of selling my 8053 or trying to convince me not to go with the 880?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239822

I mean he has some good points but what do you guys think?

Better SQ my ass, sure there will be a sonic difference but using the term SQ in that regard is a joke. Personally L/R eq is more than enough of a reason to lean on the 880.

I do find it funny that he likes the interface on the 880, IMO it is the most convoluted backwards interface of any deck I have ever used (for the settings) the older Eclipses are WAY easier to navigate. I have no experience with the 7100 though so it could be overly complicated as well. With my Eclipse I have never really looked at a manual and to really find things in the 880 I had to pull it out a few times. The 880 uses a tree'd menu structure that requires you remember where things are. Not worth being scared over as it is really easy with a little time but frustrating the first few days which of course are when most of the tuning happens. Conveniently you can ask me though and shorten your curve.

Buy one, if you don't like it I'll trade you the 8454 and work something out with you. ;)

Thx sean, I knew I could count on you ;). But is the L/R EQ with the 880 a PEQ or the one with the bars(I forgot the name). I dunno, I don't really have the money to even consider the 7100 anyways and plus if I was going to spend that kind of money (600 dollars) I would be talking more like the h701 route. Oh well, I think i'll just get an 880 and if I don't like I'll just trade it for something else. I have to get someone to buy my 8053 though first ;)

It is a lowly graphic. The only bummer to me at all with that deck is that it doesn't include a simple parametric as well. If it added a three band para and kept the huge graphic it would be completely killer. Either way there are enough bands to do what you need to do. I really have nothing but good things to say about the 880.

If you want, buy a H701 combo and I'll trade you my 880 and 8454 for it. :D

If you want, buy a H701 combo and I'll trade you my 880 and 8454 for it. :D

lol I'll be without audio for a while if I save up for the h701 and sell my 8053. I'd have to buy a unit and the h701 and the rux. Plus I'd want a sexy alpine to go with it I'm thinking the 9835 I've always wanted one ;)

What was Mike trying to tell us?

tongue2.gifspliff.gif

In the replacement for the M there will either be a screen and an H701 or a screen/car pc. Probably the latter as I will NEVER put a dvd in my car, but want a touch screen for controls. Wouldn't suck to have internet in the car as well.

having used the 8053 and the 880 i definitely prefer the 880 if it had no noise issues. Keep in mind i'm a pioneer fan so the menu's were easy as pie for me (basically the same as any other pioneer with more adjustments). The sound of the two was so close it isn't worth mentioning, but the 880 is way more flexible with the exception of the mentioned peq. And of course the 8053 has a stronger preout voltage, but if you jump the 880 up a notch or two (in the menu) it's more than strong enough. Hell it's strong enough without adjusting i just prefer to keep my gains as low as possible.

i say spend the $$ on the 880, if you have no noise issues, keep it. if you get noise, sell it

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

having used the 8053 and the 880 i definitely prefer the 880 if it had no noise issues. Keep in mind i'm a pioneer fan so the menu's were easy as pie for me (basically the same as any other pioneer with more adjustments). The sound of the two was so close it isn't worth mentioning, but the 880 is way more flexible with the exception of the mentioned peq. And of course the 8053 has a stronger preout voltage, but if you jump the 880 up a notch or two (in the menu) it's more than strong enough. Hell it's strong enough without adjusting i just prefer to keep my gains as low as possible.

i say spend the $$ on the 880, if you have no noise issues, keep it. if you get noise, sell it

yeah I think I'll just buy one. You guys have talked me into it. I wish I could have one though before I go to Dallas. I'm going to visit Justin for a couple days(atleast I think I am, he said I could but something may come who knows). So hopefully we can tune my truck and if I get some money, work on some pods for the truck ^_^

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?

92.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10?