mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hungry again

The best welder in the shop is a fricking Electrical Engineering major, how messed up is that. :)

I can Mig quite well but have only done minimal tig before.

Can't say I feel much like working today. Maybe I can crack 1000 posts today? How hard could it be to post 400 times in a day? ;)

I have done 1k in 33 minutes. ;)

Hungry again

I'm really hungry this morning. Might go grab some A&W breakfast.

TF'ing?

TF = trigger fringer,

a bunch of guys here post at a frantic pace for a little while and it is called TF'n.

For the record, the first three times I read TF'ing, I thought it was something of a slightly more intimate nature. ;)

woke up before noon again today, and i don't even have to work today

woke up before noon again today, and i don't even have to work today

I hate that. I can't sleep past nine anymore, even if I'm up till 5 or 6 in the morning.

Morning all , been busy having my arse kissed by ups reps this morning :(

After meeting with dhl execs, and see how they run things . I wouldn't ship anything time critical through them if they paid me to do so :(

As far as international shipping goes, I always have better luck with plain old USPS.

As far as international shipping goes, I always have better luck with plain old USPS.

USPS is the only way to go international. Nobody else has service levels that come close :)

Our logistic plans are set so that entire trailer loads are transported to UPS hubs around the country. Packages taken to that hub are allready sorted , and destined for that immediate area . 99.925% using this method our packages are delivered within 4 days of the order being placed . I tried explaining our methods to DHL , it completely went over their heads . If I bring a trailer into Fort worth, with packages destined for Fort worth. DHL's standard op is to load the packages on a plane , and then send them to Chicago to be sent back to Fort worth via ground . WTF ??? :D

Think I'm gonna apply at DHL as a logistic planner . I could cut their shipping budget in half easily :D

Sounds like a cake job.

It seems odd though, degreed Civil Engineers come to me wondering the best way to do stuff... Shouldn't I be asking them? :P

Huge difference between hands on and an engineer. Most are actually a bit funny when it comes to doing things, the real trick when you can do both is to not get stuck in the world of you doing it all. Engineers are just supposed to plan, technicians do all the work.

Sounds like a cake job.

CJ?

Sort of like your meaning of TF, but something different to put the member in.

It seems odd though, degreed Civil Engineers come to me wondering the best way to do stuff... Shouldn't I be asking them? :P

Huge difference between hands on and an engineer. Most are actually a bit funny when it comes to doing things, the real trick when you can do both is to not get stuck in the world of you doing it all. Engineers are just supposed to plan, technicians do all the work.

Some engineers like to build stuff :D