mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I am amazed by the number of local shops and stores that carry 2kw + amplifiers, and not a freaking one of them carries 1/0 wire nor firewall bushings for 1/0 :(

If you're making a PE order sometime soon, let me know...I'll PP you the money for two sets of cabinet spikes and some grill cloth...probably a few other things I need in there in the next few weeks...

They upped the price on the spikes from the last catalog :( Bastages :(

I am hungry.

No F5ing.

I am grumpy as hell today.

Got carrots here.

Surprised the foofighters are not bigger in the industry. Random thought.

Yay.

FF fix

about.config

set:

ui.key.contentAccess to 4

Surprised the foofighters are not bigger in the industry. Random thought.

why? I can't even tell you one of their songs. :(

I like Dave Grohl but the Foo Fighters are just a touch too generic for my taste. They're pretty popular up here where copycat rock (Nickelback, et al) is pretty popular. I like the Foo Fighters more than the alternatives, though.

Keep forgetting Brinell to Rockwell C hardness conversion.

So my last day here at work is the 28th and I have the 25th and 26th off...so 7 days left including today. And I am extremely frustrated because I am breaking my back these last few weeks to make sure the transition is seamless when I leave...I want to not care but I can't strand people like that.

And I'm really nervous about finally going to school full-time in January. And I have little-to-no money for Christmas presents (although most of them are already taken care of). But I guess life without worry is life without interest.

Dave Grohl is from around here, and seems to be a true music fan.

Apparently he is an absolutely great guy. Have you heard the story of him and the Beaconsfield miners?

Neil, that prior offer still stands for side money if you want.

Apparently he is an absolutely great guy. Have you heard the story of him and the Beaconsfield miners?

Not yet....

Not yet....

A mine in Beaconsfield, Australia collapsed a couple years ago and several of the miners were killed or trapped. When there were only two surviving miners, they sent a message asking for various supplies and included was a request for an iPod loaded with Foo Fighters music. When Dave Grohl heard that, he sent over a fax to them saying that he was on tour and unable to come see them but that they could come to any Foo Fighters show they wanted to for free and he would buy them a couple beers before or after the show as well. One of the two survivors agreed to meet and Grohl lived up to his promise...they went out for beers and afterwards, Dave wrote "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners" which is an acoustic instrumental song as a tribute.

I'm still interested. I have quite a few offers from companies to do something similar but I'm so busy right now and am about to get busier.

If the opportunity comes up, though, I'll be taking it. Somedays I wonder if maybe I should jump into this industry head first without going to school, but I know I'd never be satisfied.

While you are smart enough to get by without school, do it together as you will regret your decision if you opt out of school now.

Lunchy time time.

Not yet....

A mine in Beaconsfield, Australia collapsed a couple years ago and several of the miners were killed or trapped. When there were only two surviving miners, they sent a message asking for various supplies and included was a request for an iPod loaded with Foo Fighters music. When Dave Grohl heard that, he sent over a fax to them saying that he was on tour and unable to come see them but that they could come to any Foo Fighters show they wanted to for free and he would buy them a couple beers before or after the show as well. One of the two survivors agreed to meet and Grohl lived up to his promise...they went out for beers and afterwards, Dave wrote "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners" which is an acoustic instrumental song as a tribute.

Very cool, thank you for sharing.

Not yet....

Very cool, thank you for sharing.

Good PR on his part as well.

I'm still interested. I have quite a few offers from companies to do something similar but I'm so busy right now and am about to get busier.

If the opportunity comes up, though, I'll be taking it. Somedays I wonder if maybe I should jump into this industry head first without going to school, but I know I'd never be satisfied.

Totally understand, I am mid-way through a second M.S. (would be 4th degree when I can afford to finish), but won't be happy until the PhD. If SSA were to able to take off in miraculous fashion, I would return for sure. You and Sean are among the very few I would feel comfortable with it.