mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Seems attendance is mandatory for all classes this semester too. Who the fudge takes roll in 4 level classes???

My professor, tells everyone to leave if a certain amount of people don't answer her questions right. She has only done it once so far. She gets pissed and tells us to actaully read the chapter.

nice to be back in santa barbara. the weather up north was all screwy, should not be in the 80's in the middle of january. :Doh:

drive wasn't too bad today either, sundays are hit or miss, took about 4 and a half hours.

about halfway through the hbo john adams miniseries. i have to admit it gets a little too dramatic for my taste at times.

and that's your top i stole there travis, too slow! :bigclap:

yes.......time to get some budweiser for tonight! steelers are going to the superbowl, and tonight i will be so out of it; i am going to forget!!!

anyone watching the STEELERS game?????? I know they are going to win!!!

the challenge at the end of first quarter was BULLchit! refs are dumb...

That was the worst call in NFL history.. period

and Denim, don't you say anything about the refs being against Baltimore :P, they are pounding the Steelers for stupid shit and turning there heads on the Ravens

Actually that challenge was not bogus when they show over and over again the pass was not caught. I know the Ravens did not play as well as they normally do and in the end beat themselves. They dropped a few key passes that would have changed the game.

But I will pretend the excessive holding by the Pitt O-line that were missed never happened, or the Ravens 6'-6" QB that only had to go 1 yard and by just leaning forward clearly broke the plain of the 1st down line, but the worst call by the refs was the flat out illegal helmet to helmet hit by Clark on McGhee, the fact that there was no flag period is a clear sign that regardless of how well the Ravens played the outcome was decided. Don't worry, I had accepted that the Ravens were not going to win the moment they beat the Titans, I think I stated it on a few places. ;)

Seems attendance is mandatory for all classes this semester too. Who the fuck takes roll in 4 level classes???

No shit. ALL my teachers take roll this semester. WTF?

and Denim, don't you say anything about the refs being against Baltimore :P, they are pounding the Steelers for stupid shit and turning there heads on the Ravens

Aside from Ray Lewis, the Ravens are nothing but talk. Every time they open their mouths, they might as well just stick their feet in them. They were talking all kinds of shit, and look what happened. They should've learned a couple years ago when they did the same thing with the Colts and got pounded.

I hope Willis is doing well.

It appears then that the Titans should have talked more because they would have been in the AFC championship. :tehe:

Poor denim, this week is going to be hell for your commute

and Denim, don't you say anything about the refs being against Baltimore :P , they are pounding the Steelers for stupid shit and turning there heads on the Ravens

Actually that challenge was not bogus when they show over and over again the pass was not caught. I know the Ravens did not play as well as they normally do and in the end beat themselves. They dropped a few key passes that would have changed the game.

But I will pretend the excessive holding by the Pitt O-line that were missed never happened, or the Ravens 6'-6" QB that only had to go 1 yard and by just leaning forward clearly broke the plain of the 1st down line, but the worst call by the refs was the flat out illegal helmet to helmet hit by Clark on McGhee, the fact that there was no flag period is a clear sign that regardless of how well the Ravens played the outcome was decided. Don't worry, I had accepted that the Ravens were not going to win the moment they beat the Titans, I think I stated it on a few places. ;)

Oh please that hit was called football. I think most head to head is bullshit. You want him to lead with his feet next time? its how you tackle. They both were running and he was like oh shit this is going to hurt so he dropped a shoulder and hoped for the best. Head to head was invented to stop people from headhunting the quarter back or a defensless player. How would you prefer he hit? would diving at his knees been better?

I don't want to even talk about an O-line holding, both sides do it all the time, in any game.

I really could never see how that was not a catch. He grabbed the ball, tuck it to the right side of his body then reached out with it and the ground caused the fumble

Poor denim, this week is going to be hell for your commute

Tomorrow and the day after will be nutty. Everyone is heading in and much of the Baltimore streets were closed off for the $11 million dollar 15 minute speech Obama made on Saturday.

and Denim, don't you say anything about the refs being against Baltimore :P , they are pounding the Steelers for stupid shit and turning there heads on the Ravens

Oh please that hit was called football. I think most head to head is bullshit. You want him to lead with his feet next time? its how you tackle. They both were running and he was like oh shit this is going to hurt so he dropped a shoulder and hoped for the best. Head to head was invented to stop people from headhunting the quarter back or a defensless player. How would you prefer he hit? would diving at his knees been better?

I don't want to even talk about an O-line holding, both sides do it all the time, in any game.

I really could never see how that was not a catch. He grabbed the ball, tuck it to the right side of his body then reached out with it and the ground caused the fumble

Yes it is football, but there are rules in place to reduce serious and sever injuries. As for leading, the tackle (just like countless others) should have been made legally with his body and arms, not his head directly into the head of another player. Bob Sanders is another player who leads with his helmet. As for the holding issue, it was pretty comical when a few plays you can see Ngata's hands had already released from the O-lineman he just beat and you can see his jersey being pulled because he was getting close to the QB. As for the close call, if he had total control, or if his knee was down before the ball, then it would be a catch, but as shown from multiple angles it was still not a catch. Either way, in the end it did not matter.

It is snowing now, and sticking. If it stays I will need a ride home.

Yes it is football, but there are rules in place to reduce serious and sever injuries. As for leading, the tackle (just like countless others) should have been made legally with his body and arms, not his head directly into the head of another player. Bob Sanders is another player who leads with his helmet. As for the holding issue, it was pretty comical when a few plays you can see Ngata's hands had already released from the O-lineman he just beat and you can see his jersey being pulled because he was getting close to the QB. As for the close call, if he had total control, or if his knee was down before the ball, then it would be a catch, but as shown from multiple angles it was still not a catch. Either way, in the end it did not matter.

let me jump on this! :wacky:

first off the holding calls, many of times was james harrison held when he got close flacco...

either way both teams held, and i believe it was sort of an evenly called game.

2nd the reversed call of the catch on the goal line

that was a catch no matter what(period). they receiver caught the ball with 2 hands, then switched to the the other hand to stretch it out for the goal line(while maintaining complete control of the ball). he also took 3 or 4 steps. And i believe the rules go the receiver has to maintain control of the ball, and make an athletic move(2 steps or so). If this was not an athletic move, then what is one :captain:

and 3rd the hit by clark

clearly the DB tries to use his shoulder. it was just a coincidence that they both dropped theirs heads down and to the inside of the field, and thus their heads collided. just a freak accident

finally in the end

the final score speaks the truth :woot:

Ground definitely caused the fumble. And that acting by the punter before the half? Pussy

Ground definitely caused the fumble. And that acting by the punter before the half? Pussy

oh and i forgot to mention the ground causing the fumble. so clearly he had control.

and the act by the punter was acting at its best lol

but what punter wouldn't of done that...

oh and i forgot to mention the ground causing the fumble. so clearly he had control.

and the act by the punter was acting at its best lol

but what punter wouldn't of done that...

Yep, another phantom roughing call. Gotta love it. ;)

Aside from Ray Lewis, the Ravens are nothing but talk. Every time they open their mouths, they might as well just stick their feet in them. They were talking all kinds of shit, and look what happened. They should've learned a couple years ago when they did the same thing with the Colts and got pounded.

It appears then that the Titans should have talked more because they would have been in the AFC championship. :tehe:

The Titans didn't want it bad enough. They had enough opportunities to man-handle that game and did not.

So who wants to drive me home from work today since my car can't get through the snow? :P

The Titans didn't want it bad enough. They had enough opportunities to man-handle that game and did not.

It was surprising, as I thought after the stomping on the terrible towel would have lead to more hype and rivalry to build up the potential meeting in the playoffs.

In future news, the Steelers win the Super Bowl