mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

steers & queers

That's Texas, up here its just queers

Saw some serious forging shit today. Forged axles that are a foot+ in diameter.

whoa, very cool, what were the axles for?

Caterpillar mining trucks, those really big fuckers.

snow if fun if you have a hill and a plank or if you have a snowmobile

Even a tray from a food service hall will work, but a snowmobile is preferred.

when I came in tonight my wife was watching the first TMNT.

I laughed at her and then she proceded to explain that she knows the movie by heart because her little brother would watch it until the tape(VHS is a magnetic tape we used to watch movies from, for you young people) wore out.

She then proceded to prove it and can recite nearly every line.

I'm turned on. I love geeky women.

:)

TMNT?

I really wouldn't "worry" if it was turbo, but the turbo part adds many thousands to that cost.

I don't know why she's ok with that and not a new truck. I thought she was only gonna let me get a 4 door but for what ever reason she's ok with the 996.

Don't ask that question!!

Ryan 2, are you talking about building to angle wall mounted enclosures or a wall mount TV stand? Or what about a wall mount tv stand with the ability to attach speakers on either side....

Hey you need to get on so you can reply. The more I think the worse it gets...

Something to mount the TV and something to mount some bookshelf style speakers off the side. Maybe even something so a center channel could be mounted up top.

Hopefully I can afford your prices lol

Because of price constraints I will only have a 2 channel setup (I really don't use the BIB's sadly so I can steal the amp for them) and can move the sub into the living room

I need to build something so bad

And one constraint would be that you (by you I mean the H0P) would have to find a budget priced speaker selection that would work for me.

Thought about a wall mount as well, this is my constraint:

2912.jpg

The wall mount would also have to hold my center channel speaker though (not pictured as it hasn't been built yet) which might be tough as it won't be light.

Ryan 2, are you talking about building to angle wall mounted enclosures or a wall mount TV stand? Or what about a wall mount tv stand with the ability to attach speakers on either side....

I can build a wall mount TV stand to hold speakers, not to big of a problem, but can your wall hold it? :D

MK, just PM me with what you are thinking about. :)

I laughed at her and then she proceded to explain that she knows the movie by heart because her little brother would watch it until the tape(VHS is a magnetic tape we used to watch movies from, for you young people) wore out.

TMNT?

teenage mutant ninja turtles.

TMNT?

teenage mutant ninja turtles.

I really wouldn't "worry" if it was turbo, but the turbo part adds many thousands to that cost.

I don't know why she's ok with that and not a new truck. I thought she was only gonna let me get a 4 door but for what ever reason she's ok with the 996.

Don't ask that question!!

no kidding right.

I haven't and don't plan to.

Amusing on my side to. Can I buy a new snowmobile? ($4k or less) -- No, Pantera? -- Yes

wtf? ahhhh, yeeaah!

that was worth a double post, lol

damn phone....

I like the toureg!

I saw a nice B on B cayenne turbo in chicago this morning.

Sean what do u know about early 996 main seal leaks? That thought freaks me out.

This is a tough situation. All sense says don't get a 10 plus year old porsche, but i'm having a hell or a time finding something with 4 doors that makes my right foot happy for under 40 and is appointed like I want

I know nothing of the seals on the 911's. I do know that they are a bit of a bitch to work on though. Worst of the Porsche's for accessibility.

I can add one other thing. In Germany Porsche's legacy isn't only performance, but the fact that they are the most reliable and longest lasting German cars. Sure you pay a bit to keep them up, but they mechanically never seem to come to an end.

I might be screwed out of the Cayenne....at least the Turbo. Fuckers didn't make them in 2007 which means that the era I can afford to lease for work in Turbo form no longer exists. I waited too long on the 06's and now I have to go to an 08. This means either I wait a while and do that or look at other options. My guess is the V10TDI >> non-Turbo Cayenne, but I have yet to drive it. That is why I started looking. Plus for towing my boat and sled-trailer the V10 would be fun.

Good thing about the Pantera is several companies are now producing aftermarket canted valve heads. I have a new Mustang magazine and they did a stock rebuild on a 400M. In stock trim it dynoed at 200+ HP and 480lb.ft.. They switched heads and intake and made over 500Hp and over 550lb.ft. with just those alterations. You're no longer stuck with the stock 4V Cleveland heads. Hell, many people are making Clevors now. It's a Windsor block with the Cleveland (canted valve) heads.

Showed the W the Pantera..............she dont like it.

Then again I dont like the price tag.

Still sexay as the /gif girl tho

I would normally opt for a deisel v10, but I remember about every VW me or a friends owned new model or old is that they were epically problematic and retardedly through the roof pricey to fix unless you took them to a sport tuner. And had constant electrical issues.

I loved my vw so much. I had emotional conection to my jetta as gay as that sounds , but it was a NONSTOP burden with things fizzling out.

Good thing about the Pantera is several companies are now producing aftermarket canted valve heads. I have a new Mustang magazine and they did a stock rebuild on a 400M. In stock trim it dynoed at 200+ HP and 480lb.ft.. They switched heads and intake and made over 500Hp and over 550lb.ft. with just those alterations. You're no longer stuck with the stock 4V Cleveland heads. Hell, many people are making Clevors now. It's a Windsor block with the Cleveland (canted valve) heads.

The "newer" Pantera's actually came with W style blocks even. Obviously easy to put one in. I'd have a hard time not spending the money on an aluminum replacement for that car. 3120lbs stock is light, but why not make that a bit better. :)

Showed the W the Pantera..............she dont like it.

Then again I dont like the price tag.

Still sexay as the /gif girl tho

A car that can easily hang with Italian exotics for under $50k? Seems cheap to me. And I realize it was listed at $36 so I'd buy it for $32, but knowing myself $18k in mods isn't out of the realm of reality.