mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What's the Sony?

CDX-L510X. Nothing super special. Did an ok job in a pinch when my old Eclipse deck would not read disks as I was pulling up to the lane for Street A. :Doh:

I wouldn't even pull 3500lbs with that. The "maximum" requires the V6 (duh) and trailer package (duh), but it is truly amazing they even list it at that. Of course in Europe you see all sorts of huge trailers behind little cars, but towing capability to me means driving like I want to. And yes I am the guy going 80+ down the highway passing people with my trailer, but I leave a ton of space and don't overdrive my brakes.

I'm liking the new midsize Tacomas and Frontiers though; half ton truck payload and towing capacity in a small, easy to park body.

Easy to park? I didn't realize you were a woman.

so what, I like automobiles that are easy to park; sue me

Estrogen causes that problem

Estrogen levels were normal last time I checked a few years ago, so it can't be that

but towing capability to me means driving like I want to.

Like I said, Cayenne or Touareg (or Q7); take your pick. No stock automobile on the market can come close to either for your needs/wants...

It doesn't have to be stock. ;)

The Q7 is sort of big...or at least I perceive it to be. Now I am curious if it is actually bigger or just looks that way.

If they would have upgraded the interior in the Jeep SRT8 it would be no question it would win, but I can't handle an interior in a $40k automobile that isn't any nicer than my beater pickup

ah, not crazy. more than a foot longer than the VW and I am sure it is longer than the Cayenne

The Q7 is sort of big...or at least I perceive it to be. Now I am curious if it is actually bigger or just looks that way.

Its a little bigger; Q7's are 200.2 in long, 78.1 in wide; Touareg's and Cayenne's are 188 in long, 75.9 in wide. All three share the same VW/Porsche designed platform though.

Cayenne and Touareg are basically the exact same automobile, though.

EDIT: In terms of size

I realize they are on the same chassis lol. Just thought the Q7 felt big when I drove it.

I really wish Porsche would have made the Cayenne in 2007, fuckers. It may screw me out of the Turbo.

Now that I think about it, those three models are probably the only ones you would buy, stock or not :lol2:

Unless you would actually consider a V8 Ford Exploder? :P

and by half ton capacity I mean 1,000+ pound payload capacity 5,000+ pound towing capacity, which is what most half ton pickups that I grew up with were able to do

nowadays half ton pickups have 1,500 to 1 ton payload capacities and tow capacities upwards of 5 tons, which begs the question: aren't those 3/4 and 1 ton pickups?

5000lb with that little thing? lol

I towed a 1500lb trailer with one and it was super anemic.

both the new midsize Frontiers and Tacomas (2005+) are rated upwards of 1,100 max payload 6,000 max towing 600 max tongue 11,000 GCVWR

I don't see how that's possible. Anything over 10K in Indiana requires a chauffeur's license, so the fullsize trucks would need a CDL.

You don't need a CDL till greater than 26,000lbs GVWR

I wouldn't even pull 3500lbs with that. The "maximum" requires the V6 (duh) and trailer package (duh), but it is truly amazing they even list it at that. Of course in Europe you see all sorts of huge trailers behind little cars, but towing capability to me means driving like I want to. And yes I am the guy going 80+ down the highway passing people with my trailer, but I leave a ton of space and don't overdrive my brakes.

You need a truck with a real engine, something about a 6L or bigger, or a diesel.

could always strap a blower to the Tacoma; should be able to keep up with your maniacal driving style :P

just thinking out loud is all

V10 Toauraeg would be neato, that's for damned sure

damned shame Audi isn't releasing the V12 TDI in the states. 700+ lb. ft. of torque holy fuck balls...

My personal preference is for something that is going to be used for towing, if its a gas engine, leave it alone (meaning force induction, something along those lines, intake/exhaust is fine). If its a diesel, put a tuner in it and make damn sure you have a pyro in the exhaust manifold so you don't melt something down.

and by half ton capacity I mean 1,000+ pound payload capacity 5,000+ pound towing capacity, which is what most half ton pickups that I grew up with were able to do

nowadays half ton pickups have 1,500 to 1 ton payload capacities and tow capacities upwards of 5 tons, which begs the question: aren't those 3/4 and 1 ton pickups?

5000lb with that little thing? lol

I towed a 1500lb trailer with one and it was super anemic.

both the new midsize Frontiers and Tacomas (2005+) are rated upwards of 1,100 max payload 6,000 max towing 600 max tongue 11,000 GCVWR

I don't see how that's possible. Anything over 10K in Indiana requires a chauffeur's license, so the fullsize trucks would need a CDL.

You don't need a CDL till greater than 26,000lbs GVWR

You missed my point.

I thought I had missed something on that, I didn't think you would be that far off the mark on that one... Its been a damn long day already dealing with retards.

Well I'm off to go see the woman.

Now that I think about it, those three models are probably the only ones you would buy, stock or not :lol2:

Unless you would actually consider a V8 Ford Exploder? :P

With a massive suspension kit and some sort of forced induction, you bet. Preferably with a Lincoln interior or at least a King Ranch option.

You need a truck with a real engine, something about a 6L or bigger, or a diesel.

Or a non-GM. My truck is pathetic in that regard and I am sure that the rice crap would be way worse.