sundownz

Z15 Prototype Testing

Looking at offering it in a 10? :partybanana:

Probably not for a while :)

Once we get motors in we can build Nightshades in 10s, though!

Looking at offering it in a 10? :partybanana:

Probably not for a while :)

Once we get motors in we can build Nightshades in 10s, though!

Oh really! :clap: Hmmm would love to see a couple in my GP! :bow28: LMAO I want to go to SBN with a pr. of 10's Racing a 49+! I think that'll make a nice attention getter! :dance:

Wow... Z15 for the win.

Not quite done testing but I am letting it cool down before continuing.

We re-did the amps with 2x 3000Ds as its a D4 sub... so we could get 1 ohm per amp.

I also have a 225-amp alternator now.

CIMG1270.JPG

* Less wires now with just two amps

CIMG1271.JPG

* SAE-75.4 prototype along with 2x SAZ-3000Ds

CIMG1269.JPG

* First burp - Volume 20 on HU

CIMG1272.JPG

* Second burp - Volume 21 on HU

CIMG1273.JPG

* Third burp - Volume 22 on HU

CIMG1274.JPG

* Fourth burp - Volume 25 on HU

Sub is a bit warm so I'm letting it cool down before continuing... HU goes to 35 and I was burping it there with the Monster sub on the four 1500s. I do not think the Z15 will take the HU on volume 35 but I think it has a LITTLE more in it.

Conclusion so far... the Z15 is awesome and the Monster really needed more power :)

I am only doing 3 second burps... where I would let the monster run 8 seconds at a time. Have to be a bit more careful as this is only a "1000-watt" driver

I am only doing 3 second burps... where I would let the monster run 8 seconds at a time. Have to be a bit more careful as this is only a "1000-watt" driver

Are you saying two 3000D's put out more than 1000 watts?

I hope you don't drop a wrench near those batteries.

150.3 seems to be it :)

It didn't damage the sub going up higher on the HU but it starting having erratic motion (jumping the magnetic gap) so I called it a day! So it does let you know to back off before anything bad happens.

Before anyone asks... it will be 3-4 months for the first "intro" run of Z15s.

A bit later on we'll have heavier stock on 12s and 15s.

Pretty impresive for a sub designed not to be an SPL monster. You sure that's the same jeep now too, it's alot neater than it was before :D Isn't this one supposed to be your SQ sub, or is it the in-between ?

It is an "SQL" driver (sorry Jim!) - it sounds quite good and is very versatile for sealed / ported enclosures. I expect most customers would be very pleased with the SQ of the driver.

LoL - yah, its the same Jeep. Going from six amps to three really cuts down the wiring mess!

It is an "LSQ" driver (sorry Jim!) - it sounds quite good and is very versatile for sealed / ported enclosures. I expect most customers would be very pleased with the SQ of the driver.

LoL - yah, its the same Jeep. Going from six amps to three really cuts down the wiring mess!

We need some sort of middle of the road category. "Sound Quality Level" works for me.

Maybe some of my installs are rubbing off on you as far as the cleanliness goes. :)

Videos?

maybe its just because im around it all the time but it really isnt that impressive to watch its just a standard driver that gets loud no major excursion its a great "daily sub" sounds great and gets loud with out going crazy all on little power

i must say i am excited about this one it is a very versatile driver i cant wait till we get them in!!

So will this sub be comparable to a Q? I am looking for some subs to run sealed (2 15s to be exact) off a Sundown 3k, but would really like to stay with Sundown.