Sign in to follow this  
schwarzl

Which Sub?

I am looking at getting a new 12" or 15" sub for my 2001 Jetta. I am looking between the IA Death Row and the FI BL. I listen to mostly rap and I would be building my own box to spec. I only have enough room for one 12" or 15" so about 3.5 cu. ft. Currently I have a Hifonics BXI1206D so 1200 w rms @ 1 ohm. Any other suggestions would be apprecitated, looking for something loud that sounds good.

Both are good choices, just need to build a quality box for them.

Chime in later an tell us what you think of it :P

I have the 12 inch bl and you wont be regreting it. Its very power hungery though you may need to upgrade amp. I have the rockford fosgate t40001bd which is 1500 rms at 4ohm. My sub is fully loaded though. never had any problems.

I have the 12 inch bl and you wont be regreting it. Its very power hungery though you may need to upgrade amp. I have the rockford fosgate t40001bd which is 1500 rms at 4ohm. My sub is fully loaded though. never had any problems.

And what sort of gain do you expect going from 800w to 1500w? :suicide-santa:

3 dB????

lol

Edited by Jason907

So I am looking to build a box to about 2.25 cu. ft. to 2.5 cu. ft. and tune it at 32 hz. What is the best way to figure out the tuning frequency? I am really new to this stuff, I know about the box calculator on this website, and RE's. But how accurate are they? Any help would be great.

I picked the flat wind coil and the cooling option. Was not to sure of what options to get as I didnt think of it before hand and after I placed the order I found a post on what the options do. Still should be quiet nice. I may be looking into getting another amp for it, thinking of the US amps merlin md1d.

When people say theres is fully loaded, that would mean that they have all the options correct?

Edited by schwarzl

my friend has a jetta. what kind of electrical are u doing. they dont have much of a stock alt do they? how much do you think you could run off a stock alt and an extra batt? (in general)

Well I am pretty new to this, but I have to check the output of the alt. they have three different output alts, a 70, 90, and 120 amp. If I have the 120 amp alt. that should be fine. I am going to do the big three. Should I use 4gauge or would you use something bigger. I am going to look at upgrading my battery to an Optimum Yellow top or a Kinetic battery. With only 1000watts do I need to have two batteries. What would be the best route.

big 3 and the yellow top will be fine. Did i mistaken, but a Fi BTL in 3.5 cubes?

Just got confermation that the BTL will be shipped tomorrow.

Don't you mean BL?

Picked up the BL at the post office yesturday. I am looking at getting a bigger better amp figuring out which amp to get. Hope fully if it stops snowing here and I can get into a warn garage I will start running some wires and then have to start making a box.