Thorshammer

One loud Trunk

without sec amp, 43hz burp sealed on the dash DbDrag Street C.

same exact setup I''ve had all yr. I just moved my highs amp that sat in front of the subs and the port to the trunk.

Next on the list of thngs to do is build another box. Gonna build this one around 40hz. I'm peaking at 43 but I'm tuned to 47. Might be able to find some more there.

Will have the HDC's in for the 22nd show in Ogdensburg, NY. Hoping to improve on that. ;)

why are you competing in street c a pair of 10's and a single amp you should be in street A

Got 2 batts both 800cui. Street A can only have one 600cu batt.

that sucks. would the atomic handle a small batt for a quick burp?

Probably but have you looked at Street A? 155+ Sheyot got to fight similar scores for Street C. Might as well keep the batt and play with lots of powa! LOL

Showtime SPL run. The put one meter in kick and on on drivers door far left in bottom corner. Drivers dooar has to be all the way open. After that you can use any combination to achieve the hightest SPL peak. Add both scores and divide by 2 to get your avg.

I took first for my class

Shoulda Reconed bigger ;p

Naw. It's more fun to be the lil guy :neil:

Yea I tend to think so too, but the new street A rules are stupid imo.

Well had a pretty interesting day.

2 amps strapped at 2 ohm 149.2:crap: re wire them to .25 apiece roll into a 150.7 and pulled the spider ring off the landing:crap:

Since it came off so cleanly( lack of glue on spider landing, my fault) I centered and re glued it.:D Back in the box it goes.

Pulled the 2nd amp and pushed the box back.

HPIM1708.jpg

HPIM1709.jpg

HPIM1710.jpg

Test with 1 5k at .5 trunk un sealed

HPIM1713.jpg

Test with same settings trunk sealed this time

HPIM1716.jpg

Looks like box centered pushed as far back as possible and sealed is the loudest for my GP. :cool:

Final stages and a permanent seal job ( has shown to gain .5-.8) under way next

I got a job for ya. You are about to possibly run out of ideas after you seal the front of this box.

Have you thought about other options of getting louder? Still stayin in the same class of course...

I know u are doin a good job at what u have, u sure got DJ smilin, hehe.

Anyways, have u ever tested other box designs before u stick with the one u are usin?

Is there any way you can keep the pressure buildin in the trunk and let it rip around the box?

The last 2 cars i've tested, hatchback and trunk car, it was both loudest if using it for competition to run sub back port back... IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM!

Problem with this design a lot of times is not enough room for batts and\or amps...

I also will say firing to the side and with port back was very peaky loud as well. The cool thing about firing to the side is it may give you more room for equipment.

I'd like to see u max your Grand Prix's potential out big time with a pair of 10s. I hope i gave u some info u can focus on. That's all i can think of at the moment without keeping current box and modifying it and\or the car.