Looking for new setup. From the sounds of it, Fi seems to be the way to go. I have a Chevy Blazer and I like to listen to mainly rap with deep bass sounds. The Fi BL 15" or 18" look like they will do the job. Still undecided on the amp to run this. After looking around, Sundown or RF look like they would be well suited to handle it. Will they're be any other things that I will need if I run this? Advice appreciated.

just some 0ga wiring, and maybe a extra battery, but depends on what amp you're going to run.

i would do the 1200 sundown

edit im lieing i would do the 1500 but you can do the 1200

Trust me I would love to overpower rather than underpower, but is it necessary? Also, in your opinion, would you rather have a Sundown or a RF? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure I do it right. Also, which way would you face the subwoofer if its in the back of a Blazer. I've heard facing the port and subwoofer upward. Is that the best way?

Rockford Fosgate or Sundown..

Either are great amps..

Its just a personal choice..

Most people on here will choose Sundown but like I said, Its a personal choice..

The power needed will almost entirely be based on your enclosure alignment. In other words, it is up to your box on how much power you will need to get full output from your subs....

There is no such thing as underpowering.

and the rms on the sub is a 1000 but i sent my bls everybit of 1300 daily

If you want to save a little money, build the box on the big end of the specs and run an sae-1000d to it. SSA also has a special on an ICON & sundown amp combo, a good package imo :fing34:

The power needed will almost entirely be based on your enclosure alignment. In other words, it is up to your box on how much power you will need to get full output from your subs....

There is no such thing as underpowering.

Quoted for a reason.

Yea man, the sites are reliable, and aren't out to scam you LOL.

So the Fi and Sundown websites are reliable sources to buy equipment right? I'm not much of an online buyer so ya...

yes. but you can buy the sundown amp of of this website^ click on shop up there and as for the fi website that is their website its coming straight from the company nobody else

As Robyclay said, Fi is direct only. Meaning you can only get them through their website. Sundown has a dealer network, one of those dealers happens to own this site. ;)

Alright sounds like a good deal. I'm just worried that the equipment won't turn out as everyone says it will. I've went to 2 local car audio shops and when I asked them their opinion on the subs and amp, they had no idea what Fi or Sundown was. Not that their opinion plays a factor if I'm going to get that setup or not, but a little reassuring would have been nice, lol.

Same bro, cept my local shop here knows nothing except mainstream brands and were honestly spent 10 mins on how alpine is the best, no compeition comes close bla bla.

Ya ours isn't very much help. 1 of them say to go with the mtx 9500 with a $700 RF 1000 watt amp and nothing else. The other says to go with the JL 12w7 with a variety of overpriced amps. It seems like they only try to influence you on their most expensive equipment and not on what kind of sound you actually want. So basicly all of my research is done online and I don't get to actually hear what I'm buying. Not an easy decision.

The only question that I really have now is whether to go with the 15" or 18" BL if I'm getting the SAZ 1500D to run it. Are there any really noticeable differences between the 2 if I'm going for the really low bass?

Online shopping has put our local shops at risk lately haha. Everyone HERE IN ALASKA charges over retail prices. but lucky me that the owners of the shop nearest to me actually go on forums and whatnot.

JL is good solid product, just a little pricey.

lol they will tell you that man. you tell them about any company they dont know they say things like "o nah those arent good try this amp IVE got" dont listen to them their mostly trying to make a sale

Any ideas on how many cuft. and what to tune the box to for an 18" Fi BL? I hope I worded that right.. Advice appreciated

ok i saw you listen to rap, what are your max dimensions you have in your car?

Edited by RobClay