SpeakerBoy

nitro audio

Denim, M5, or someone, please lock the thread. i made a mistake in my posting and i am beginning to regret saying anything. the more questions i ask, the more alienated i feel on this site. this should be a place for fun, learning, and sharing ideas, not ripping on the noobs.

Ask a stupid question.......

I'm going to leave it open. Maybe you should attempt to start learning something here.

How about we start over. Can you give us a little more detail as to the goal of this topic? Have you considered something used? Etc.

(DSB) i have found something, i think i am going to stick with. i will be running them sealed, off of 800rms. my brother is giving me an amp, not sure as to what kind.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8572_K...+KFC-W3011.html

i have heard a pair on an alpine pdx 1000.1, and they sound pretty nice. sealed, with 1cuft after disp. i will be running 3 at 1.5ohm in a sealed box. i may eventually build a custom box myself, but that is to be done after new years, as i will be out of town for christmas

Denim, M5, or someone, please lock the thread. i made a mistake in my posting and i am beginning to regret saying anything. the more questions i ask, the more alienated i feel on this site. this should be a place for fun, learning, and sharing ideas, not ripping on the noobs.

Were not trying to rip on you. Were just trying to persuade you to spend wisely and get a quality driver for a bit more $$. Not saying that driver won't do the job...But it looks more like bling than quality.

You may want to check out the new 187 Series from Incriminator. Quality with customer service!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=22648

For box design ... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/home/index.php/boxtools

My advice would be to stick with a reputable company. You will be much happier in the long run.

I agree. ^^

i would say a nice 15/12 sealed or ported with a quality sub would do very good :)

Edited by RobClay

Dude, just buy those subs you wanted to buy. If you get them and they suit your purpose then okay keep them. If you don't like them then play them out as you save money for some better stuff that everyone is recommending. It sounds like you just want to find out for yourself so go and do what you gonna do. Sometimes, other's advises aren't for you and that you may be okay with low quality products because you don't know any better. It isn't always a bad thing. Also, It may take mistakes to learn something. I started out with two 12" DUAL brand subs from bestbuy. They were fine with me then but I wouldn't even take a second look at them now after using FI and mach5.

Get those subs and do what you want with them. The best learning experiance is from first hand so by all means go for it! My opnion is save your money and if your wanting something at the standards set at what your "Listening Pleasure" goals are, then save your money and buy something worth while that will blow you away. More than likely from the way you talk it seems you like to do things half ass so you may be better using them cheap subs instead of skimping out on some good quality subs and destroy them.

its set in stone. Two 1200w pioneer premiers in 4ft3 @28hz then maybe after i get a job some champion pro's

this is my last idea.

please remain constructive.

this is for low frequency SPL

amp will be an Autotek 1500D

optima red top under the hood, a yellow in the trunk.

big 3

anything else i need?

Edited by DeepSubBoy

A deka or a powermaster instead of that yellowtop would be what I would change. I would also not go for 28hz tuning for rap music either, assuming this is what you listen to because of your other threads. Its a little low. But like I said, do it and see if you like it.

A yellow top in the trunk of what???

A yellow top in the trunk of what???

A '99 ford contour. I already have the car, thats not a problem. Only thing i have to do to make it legal, is get new stickers, and a new windshield.

A deka or a powermaster instead of that yellowtop would be what I would change. I would also not go for 28hz tuning for rap music either, assuming this is what you listen to because of your other threads. Its a little low. But like I said, do it and see if you like it.

really? what would you recommend I tune to? ~31? And you say Power-Master ... why?

its set in stone. Two 1200w pioneer premiers in 4ft3 @28hz then maybe after i get a job some champion pro's

how much are you paying for both subs?

and for rap id tune around 30or32

nothing wrong tuning to 28 for rap, wont be loud but it will sound nice and shake things around you (if that is what your looking for)

i am just looking for maximum airflow at lower frequencies, while maintaining good sound quality. deadening is already accounted for... so in other words, really loud but sounding really good. i don't even know if thats possible really, i want to be able to show off, like have someone get in, and hop right back out, but i want it to sound excellent doing that. i have decided to go pioneer all the way, doors, tweets, and subs. maybe, eventually amps. (for now it's the Autotek)

what i am still in the air about is the HU. i want to get the 08' premier, a little down the road, but i also want to keep it stock, so nobody says "hey fancy!! lets steal it!!" plus, the stock radio sounds decent, other than the fact that it is radio+cassette, no CD player. i don't think i will keep the rear speakers connected, just because i wont really hear them, and thus i wont need them. (plus, thats a bit of cash i could save on the overall project) this car is going to be a sleeper. i will keep as much as i can stock. no stickers, thats a dead tip off that i have something valuable in my car, only thing i have to do looks-wise, is vacuum it up, fix the scratches (some fag keyed my poor car, as if it isn't ugly enough as it is) and of course, wash and polish it. it really isn't all that bad for having 164,000 miles on it. Just went to go talk to my dad, and completely lost my train of thought. what ever, i think this is a long enough post already ;)

how much are you paying for both subs?

and for rap id tune around 30or32

i am paying $56+SH for each

ahh i see, well those are pretty good first system subs. ive seen them get pretty loud. what amps you plan on using?

ahh i see, well those are pretty good first system subs. ive seen them get pretty loud. what amps you plan on using?

most likely, an Autotek 1500D

nice choice on amp :)

Edited by RobClay

Your envisioned "sound quality" will not come from 28hz. It will not come from the factory cassette deck. It will not come from $56 pioneer subwoofers.

Things you should do first:

1) buy a new head unit - Pioneer units are great, the DEH-6000UB would be a great start.

2) Most rap doesn't have frequencies lower than 35hz. Tune to something around that, OR whatever pioneer recommends.

Your envisioned "sound quality" will not come from 28hz. It will not come from the factory cassette deck. It will not come from $56 pioneer subwoofers.

Things you should do first:

1) buy a new head unit - Pioneer units are great, the DEH-6000UB would be a great start.

2) Most rap doesn't have frequencies lower than 35hz. Tune to something around that, OR whatever pioneer recommends.

Seriously. And the fact that you want to show off but want to keep the head unit stock so that no one would think you have anything valuable in the car is kind of dumb. They will hear or see you and they will take your stuff. Don't forget about adding a car alarm in the budget too. The stock head units of older cars are not that great at all. My brother was going to replace all his speakers in his car right after I was going replace his head unit. With the new head unit in, he said that the speakers felt like they were actually alive for the first time. So now, he doesn't want to replace the speakers anymore. The head unit will make a world of a difference.

o. i didnt know you were keeping the head unit stock, that would be the first thing i would do is replace it.