shox

Alternator Question

I will be getting an Fi BTL 18" fully loaded sub and a saz1500d sundown amp. But in the future I hope to get another Fi BTL 18" and of course another amp. My question is, what should the size of my alternator be? Would 140 amps be ok? Or would I need more?

Kyle

I will be getting an Fi BTL 18" fully loaded sub and a saz1500d sundown amp. But in the future I hope to get another Fi BTL 18" and of course another amp. My question is, what should the size of my alternator be? Would 140 amps be ok? Or would I need more?

Kyle

i think with those amps you would be better off getting the BL's plus they have free cooling now that saves you another $40 p/sub

BTL will play nice of a Saz 3000D

But to get to your guestion a 1500 will work nicely of a 140 Amps alt. for a single 3000D a 200 amp alt will work nice with an upgraded battery.

**Remember what might be said to be the best, might not always be the best for you.

ok. also have a few more questions. im not very familiar with the terms used on this forum. can anyone tell me what they mean? like SPL? and "the big 3"?

Kyle

i think with those amps you would be better off getting the BL's plus they have free cooling now that saves you another $40 p/sub

But to get to your guestion a 1500 will work nicely of a 140 Amps alt. for a single 3000D a 200 amp alt will work nice with an upgraded battery.

**Remember what might be said to be the best, might not always be the best for you.

The BTL will also play nice off of the 1500.

140 amp alt should be ok for the 1500. Make sure your battery is also strong. If you have any other amps you might consider getting an additional battery.

spl = sound pressure level

You should do a search on the big three...the forum has answers everywhere if you just do a quick search...

Kyle

The BTL will also play nice off of the 1500.

140 amp alt should be ok for the 1500. Make sure your battery is also strong. If you have any other amps you might consider getting an additional battery.

correct it will play just fine but the bl are sepossedly optimized for that kind of power. I suppose it does leave some headroom for future upgrading

What are your goals?

If it is loud, then the BTL will be the loudest of the two off of that, or any amp for that matter.

My goal is to be as loud as possible with one subwoofer. And I want a deep bass, and I hear that the BTL can do it for me. ;)

My goal is to be as loud as possible with one subwoofer. And I want a deep bass, and I hear that the BTL can do it for me. ;)

Might want to look into a Sundown Audio Nightshade..They're made for that amp and get stupid loud. I hear they're louder than BTL's too

Might want to look into a Sundown Audio Nightshade..They're made for that amp and get stupid loud. I hear they're louder than BTL's too

apparently sound pretty good 2

u r noob ..

why go for BTL (you heard its loud and saw it on YouTube) ...for the start i would go with a saz-1500 and a BL or Nightsade ..

u will still have time to upgrade(and u will be happy that every time u get more power-bass) :morepower1:

Well I was thinking I should go with the BTL because I am going to wanna upgrade, eventually, if I get anything less. And eventually I will upgrade to 2 BTL's. I mean who doesnt wanna louder system after 2 or 3 months with the one they already have? ;)

If you say I should go with a different sub just because of the size of the amp, then I can get another amp.

Nightshades are insane. IIRC, bigjon on this site; "upgraded" from his BTLs to Nightshades and he liked them more than the BTLs.

But still, you can't go wrong with a BTL...but im pretty sure youtube has a strong influence on Fi because of Meade.

I will look at both subs. What kind of amp would I need to effectively power a NightShade with? And do they come in 15" or 18"?