darkkon

$450 budget

so basically, there are tons of competitors out there.

the question is, what is the best 15 inch out there for a budget of ~450

i was looking at an Fi BTL 15 inch fully loaded

but then i saw the hdc315 this one is a lot cheaper but is it even close to these competitors? i hear a lot about this sub from a lot of people that recommend it.

then i saw the DD audio 3515e, called up a dealer and got a price with a recommended box for a total of 580 bucks with tax and all.

thanks for your comments. i look forward to see what people think.

also, next question is, what amp should i go for? im looking for something in the price range of ~200-300

Edited by darkkon

so basically, there are tons of competitors out there.

the question is, what is the best 15 inch out there for a budget of ~450

i was looking at an Fi BTL 15 inch fully loaded

but then i saw the hdc315 this one is a lot cheaper but is it even close to these competitors? i hear a lot about this sub from a lot of people that recommend it.

then i saw the DD audio 3515e, called up a dealer and got a price with a recommended box for a total of 580 bucks with tax and all.

thanks for your comments. i look forward to see what people think.

also, next question is, what amp should i go for? im looking for something in the price range of ~200-300

Well with that price range on an amp, it's going to be tough to find one that will power the BTL.

Who know's though maybe you can find a deal.

Edited by -Jason-

you dont have to have 2k to run a btl. but if you have the money i would go for somthing like that.

you could get a 1k amp and set your gains right and be fine. just clearing that up so noone attacks you jason.

you dont have to have 2k to run a btl. but if you have the money i would go for somthing like that.

you could get a 1k amp and set your gains right and be fine. just clearing that up so noone attacks you jason.

Ha yea :P

I was just saying there's really no point if he's only gunna be getting around a 1k amp or so.

Look at the BL's if that's your budget.

the most important part is the box.changing out your sub on same power wont get you much differnt mic readings on that budget get the hdc3 and the extra money put to getting as large an amp as possible but you will need an electrical that can handle it if you had more money for an amp that could run more power then a loaded btl. look for a used aq2200d if possible.

even the brand new aq2200 are 389 shipped to your door. and from what ive seen of them so far, they are very solid amps that put out rated power. 2200@ 1ohm

even the brand new aq2200 are 389 shipped to your door. and from what ive seen of them so far, they are very solid amps that put out rated power. 2200@ 1ohm

to bad they are out of stock. thats why i said to look for used.

do you think i should go with two 12 fi bls or one 15 btl? i can squeeze my budget to fit an amp for 400 shipped

what do you think would be louder

and are these subs dvc or svc 2ohm ? i cant find it on their website.

or would u recommend the digital design subs?

the dd is dvc but it doesnt say what ohm

Edited by darkkon

they are dual voice coil. if you have the right enclosure size then the 12" bl's would most likely be louder

Edited by RobClay

remember the enclosure is the most important part of putting up big numbers. what type of vehicle is it going in and how much room are you willing to give up. a total budget would be best. what does your electrical look like. do you plan on playing music or just for comps,yes there is a huge diffrence.

Edited by dbjunior

well right now i have a 2.75 15 inch enclousure with an mtx thunder 8515-44 in there, i used to have two kicker cvr 12s and i think those sounded a lot louder but i can feel it more from the single 15. my electrical isnt upgraded at all, so i have to rip it all out and put all new wiring in, i have a 4 gauge thats only capable of 1500w right now so i have to run either 2 or 0 gauge and a new grounding cable from my battery. currently my budget is most likely around 1.3 grand no more. the two 12 fi bl's might be a little bit too much than i want to pay but if its going to be a lot louder than a 15 btl or a dd 3515e then ill go with that. the box is going to be ported and to the specifications of the subs, i have up to 17 inches of trunk height, and up to 36 inches width by ~34 inches length

07 nissan sentra

Edited by darkkon

first off, what can be heard from a greater distance, one 15 or two 12s? i know a lot of things depend on this but lets just say everything is the same.

the 2 12's either hd3c or fi bl are looking good

or one 15 fi btl is or dd 3515e is looking good.

just cant decide what to go with.

Edited by darkkon

two 12's has potential to get louder but will cosgt more money. if your looking for a good deal look in the shop for the package deal nightshade 15 and saz1500d. have a custom box built buy fisher or pound that sound and upgrade your wires to 1/0 and do the big three possibly add a battery to the back. should be nice and loud and fit the budget.

^agreed a nightshade 15 would also be a very good choice

im def going with 2 12's now, my friend talked me into it

What did this friend say?

so what yor going to spend 1100 on two 12's. what about amp if you want to give them rated power that 4kwrms your looking at a min 1000dollar amp plus cost of upgraded alt and couple batts puts you in the 3000+ ballpark more than double what you wanted to spend

dont look at subs just because of their brand name and because they look cool. none of that shows at all their potential. did you know the person that owns and designed Fi originally designed Re subs?