splmark

six 10's or one 21?

Commas go a long way, if you have the room. I'd go witht the 10's, I'm guessing you don't have the room though.

the 21"...I mean the BIG SLOW would have only a fraction of the SQ that multiple 10"

would provide....

The 21" DP does not need 3000 watts. Not sure why people keep thinking that.

the 21"...I mean the BIG SLOW would have only a fraction of the SQ that multiple 10"

would provide....

I thought this was a common misconception... You know, that 18" or 21" subs were "slower" or less accurate. So what's the deal? Is it true or what?

In my mind..

No that isnt the case..

Either sub you have, What ever note is givin to it, It will play it.

Thats just my thoughts..

would provide....

Are you joking? Since when did big woofers need to be fast?

would provide....

Are you joking? Since when did big woofers need to be fast?

I liked large woofers when I was younger but having multiple 10" is much snappier and less boomy

although large woofers do have vision blurring and gut wrenching output

Just remember, every time you are at a rock concert and hear that fast bass and toms from the drummer smacking you in the chest..... It is from 18s....

Indeed. and I have heard plenty of unsnappy 10s.

Just remember, every time you are at a rock concert and hear that fast bass and toms from the drummer smacking you in the chest..... It is from 18s....

The reason why Rock Concerts 18's are so controlled is because they are powered by ballanced current servo's

,installed in the correct cabinets and the lack of voltage drop...almost perfect conditions

I'm not saying an 18" isn't fast ...there is a noticable sound difference between a large woofer vs several small

when they are both installed properly

^^^indead^^...i have ran single 18's and now i run 8 10's...its all what u want to hear...but by no means was the 18...sloppy..BUT the 10's are more punchy

So larger woofers better if you like the low bass of rap? I was told it was all dependent on the motor and therefore size made no difference but then again I know very little about subs and acoustics. I'm currently running a single 12" Critical Mass UL12 and while the SQ is top notch I was wanting more output and was debating on whether or not to upgrade to a single 18" or add another UL12.

I was going to choose based on cone area alone because I didn't think the size of the individual woofers made a difference and now I'm confused...

The 21" DP does not need 3000 watts. Not sure why people keep thinking that.

not sure why people always think its going to get full power all the time. its going to be used for a few shows and to demo at car ahows with my car club, the sub will be ran at 4 ohms for everyday use.

when i started db drag in 03 i had a viper 2500d hooked up to a single se 12 and never friend a coil.

ill go with six 10's...much better than a 21...thats my way of thinking

So larger woofers better if you like the low bass of rap? I was told it was all dependent on the motor and therefore size made no difference but then again I know very little about subs and acoustics. I'm currently running a single 12" Critical Mass UL12 and while the SQ is top notch I was wanting more output and was debating on whether or not to upgrade to a single 18" or add another UL12.

I was going to choose based on cone area alone because I didn't think the size of the individual woofers made a difference and now I'm confused...

It really depends on the manufacturer. some manufacturers use the same motor, spiders, and everything, on the different size subs in a line (except the cone and surround) to make it easier on them. In that case, the Mms increases, Fs changes, lots of other things change. So different size subs in the same line can easily sound different. But other manufacturers tweak each size's parts so that all of the sizes perform relatively similar.

But larger woofers play lower because of the increased swept volume and a generally lower Fs.

6 10's would be pretty sexy :)

x2

It really depends on the manufacturer. some manufacturers use the same motor, spiders, and everything, on the different size subs in a line (except the cone and surround) to make it easier on them. In that case, the Mms increases, Fs changes, lots of other things change. So different size subs in the same line can easily sound different. But other manufacturers tweak each size's parts so that all of the sizes perform relatively similar.

But larger woofers play lower because of the increased swept volume and a generally lower Fs.

thanks i understand