Sign in to follow this  
94sundance

8 gauge speaker leads?

So i looked and looked and couldn't find it. Are there any options for direct wire leads to VC instead of push terminals on Icons?

So i looked and looked and couldn't find it. Are there any options for direct wire leads to VC instead of push terminals on Icons?

why push terminal should be fine....

i don't really see a need but im sure if you can handle a soldering iron it can be done pretty easily.

well its supposed to get a better connection, with them hooked directly to the coils

it is does make for a better connection but unless ur chasing tenths of a db then its not needed

well i have a DD2515 that need to be reconed and it has the leads. But i was wondering cause i want to support you guys and I think your subs could be badass addition to my build was gonna do a Treo SSX then i was given the DD, but i like the thought of running the new guys sub!

sorry, push terminals is all we offer. I really don't think you'd "hear" the difference in leads any how. What where you looking to get? ICONs? What size?

sorry, push terminals is all we offer. I really don't think you'd "hear" the difference in leads any how. What where you looking to get? ICONs? What size?

Well truely i want 15s like most boys looking for good ol loud "ya my bass got me another ticket",but 7cubes is the space i have so i was gonna do one Icon 15 unless you say i can do the two 15's in that space of 7cubes gross

Well truely i want 15s like most boys looking for good ol loud "ya my bass got me another ticket",but 7cubes is the space i have so i was gonna do one Icon 15 unless you say i can do the two 15's in that space of 7cubes gross

well i'm sure you could depending on how much port area you have. I'm sure you can get them to sound great in 3.0ft^3/ea + port displacement.

well i have a DD2515 that need to be reconed and it has the leads. But i was wondering cause i want to support you guys and I think your subs could be badass addition to my build was gonna do a Treo SSX then i was given the DD, but i like the thought of running the new guys sub!

Thank you for the vote of support. We have plans to offer options in the future when we are able to handle the demand.

wouldn't having 8 ga. wire directly to the coils affect the mms of the sub? The 8 gauge would be heavier than normal leads, and the sub would have to move it around with the cone.

You could never run 8 gauge to the coil directly, you would trash the spiders, ruin the wire and have lead slap like crazy. It is just way to heavy and not flexible enough...

If you want 8 gauge to the tinsel leads, like DD does, just solder them on yourself. It is a waste if you can get 8 gauge into the terminals anyway, you could't hear or measure a diference between soldering them on or a proper terminal application....

You could never run 8 gauge to the coil directly, you would trash the spiders, ruin the wire and have lead slap like crazy. It is just way to heavy and not flexible enough...

If you want 8 gauge to the tinsel leads, like DD does, just solder them on yourself. It is a waste if you can get 8 gauge into the terminals anyway, you could't hear or measure a diference between soldering them on or a proper terminal application....

sorry next time i'll explain more what meant. Thank for pointing out that they are off the tinsel leads thats I was talking about and was just wondering because i like having over sized wire but i'm not the only one i'm sure :D

Actually, you can put "oversize" wire of any gauge into most loudspeaker terminals. You can buy solder/crimp-on ferrules that will reduce the end of the wire to a usable size. They make these so you can fit a 4 awg wire into a 10 awg terminal, for example...

No, I don't have any links...

Actually, you can put "oversize" wire of any gauge into most loudspeaker terminals. You can buy solder/crimp-on ferrules that will reduce the end of the wire to a usable size. They make these so you can fit a 4 awg wire into a 10 awg terminal, for example...

No, I don't have any links...

thanks bro don't need links.