NathanNaq

fi good quality???

this is going to be my second set of subwoofers... my first one was in my corolla....now im gettin a small suv like a blazer or explorer....so i was wonderin what brand to get..and one of my friends gave me ficaraudio.com... i was just wonderin what i should do...what sizes and what not..just gonna be a everyday driver system.. any suggestions???

your not giving us any info to help you decide.......

but yes they are great quality

i was just wonderin what i should do...what sizes and what not..just gonna be a everyday driver system.. any suggestions???

four stesom 7kd's and eight 15" btl's

How about you just search around in the brands forums and the subwoofer forum and then come back to this thread and give us a little more info.

well after lookin through things i decided on fi.... probably a hifonics amp....i dont know if i want two 15's or 18's...what shape of box....ported or not...which would sound better...i know i have to wait with the box thing b/c i will build it myself and will need measurements ... i think i will go with 15's.... but should i go with ssd, q, or bl??...even though i say i want to go with fi...i keep going back makin sure i make a good decision....im looking for some amazing sound quality subs that also hit decent...

Edited by NathanNaq

I wouldn't go with a hifonics amp. I have heard to many bad things about them but thats just my opinion.

Then it sounds like the Fi Q is for you, thats Fi's SQ sub. it can get loud

if you do get 2 Fi q's your most likely gonna need a battery or batteries an alternator and a good deal of 0/1 and fuse holders so do take that into consideration. i know alot of my friends think you can get a 5000w amp hook it up and go. not to say you thought that but im just saying haha

I have seen enough Fi woofers to know they are some of the best quality in the business. :)

I have seen enough Fi woofers to know they are some of the best quality in the business. :)

X2 :D

only thing i have seen with an fi q and a brutus amp is that the highs SUCK

and for the record, i have a btl i havent hookoed it up yet but will it kill the highs and the lows beacuse that q scared me

Edited by stuartgoodenough

only thing i have seen with an fi q and a brutus amp is that the highs SUCK

and for the record, i have a btl i havent hookoed it up yet but will it kill the highs and the lows beacuse that q scared me

Everything you said is enclosure dependent.

Yeah, SUB-woofers arent meant for HIGHs. Thats what your mid-bass buddies are for.

well the encloure is about 8 cubes with the prot tuned to 32 hertz and i mean higsh like at the beging to put on

Edited by stuartgoodenough

I have been running Fi subs for almost 8 months. I tend to work them pretty hard daily. I have talked to Scott and Nick numerious times and baised on my experience's Fi has great build quality and excellant person to person service.

if you do get 2 Fi q's your most likely gonna need a battery or batteries an alternator and a good deal of 0/1 and fuse holders so do take that into consideration. i know alot of my friends think you can get a 5000w amp hook it up and go. not to say you thought that but im just saying haha

All that is going to depend on how much power he is running. If he is running the Q's off 300w a piece he won't need to upgrade his electrical. (most likely)

well the q's are 1000w rms a piece so the hifonics 2000 rms amp should be good...i probably will need another battery...but i might just go with the ssd...sayin im not tryin to go compete.... just everyday music and whatnot....

wanna get what i wanna get?

im gonna try 1 15" BTL ported

and a hifonics bxi2608D

i previously had a hifonics bxi 2008D running 2 alpine type r's

i LOVED it, it never had any probs, and ran like a beast....

definitely going with them again....

but i also am pretty set on the FI BTL 15" but thats gonna be loud, and im not to sure what your going for...

Man, I just hope you guys don't get these subs, not knowing how to set things up, build box with no idea of tuning, and then think bad things about the subs when they go puff.

OP, I think what you need is an SSD. You shouldn't pay for a Q if its not going to be used to its potential. The SSD is the entry line for FI but it has plenty of SQ too. Start there and when you know more about car audio, sell it or build onto it. If you're going to build your own box, research and ask people for help. Don't just wing it. Also, I have had a brutus amp and it worked perfectly fine for me. I also had the SSD 12" sub as well.

Edited by phi