SoCalSQ

New Zed 4x100 Amp

Any news on the new 4x100? I'd have bought a Draconia to run a front stage and match the Gladius I have, but it looks like they're all gone. :(

Got an update from Zed.

We are pleased to announce the introduction of the new Zed Audio mobile amplifiers. We are busy testing the pre-production samples and production will commence in about 70 days.

The two models we are introducing initially are KRONOS rated at 250w/ch 4 ohm or 500w/ch at 2 ohm. Its MSRP is $399.00. This amplifier shall be able to multi task. It will carry out the duties of a traditional 2 channel amp with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass functions. In addition it will do what traditional mono block sub amps do.

It will have loop through outputs for daisy chaining multiple amplifiers. The loop through sockets shall be the 3rd and 4th inputs for constant subwoofer fading.

LEVIATHAN is our 6 channel amplifier rated at 150w x 6 at 4 ohm or 300w x 6 at 2 ohm. Its MSRP is $599. The feature sets of this amplifier are so diverse that I shall post them on the web site in the next few days or you may request an email and we shall send this information.

The amplifiers shall be small and light and very efficient.

Sizes: KRONOS 272mm/10.7

:) :) :)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those leviathans if they have the crossover capabilities

i my self love zed amp all the old autotek--bts-7600-7300-7150-7100-7050-and the M.M.-333-222-99-66-44-132-88- thay r just killer amps oldschool power and sq----i have a bunch of the autoteks and love them all

i my self love zed amp all the old autotek--bts-7600-7300-7150-7100-7050-and the M.M.-333-222-99-66-44-132-88- thay r just killer amps oldschool power and sq----i have a bunch of the autoteks and love them all

By any chance do you happen to have an ESX q475.1?

Is the Levithian the 4x100?

Edited by J31Rob

Is the Levithian the 4x100?

The Leviathan is a six channel amp. Zed hints at a 100W/C amp coming out in the manual but doesn't say how many channels it is.

He did mention the possibility of a 4 channel due to the demand.

He did mention the possibility of a 4 channel due to the demand.

I have had my LEVIATHAN, No. 6 off the production line for just over a week.

Awesome amp! Full-range Class D, beautiful Sound Quality as all of ZED designs.

According to Steve, his best designs yet. Beautiful board layout.[size="4"

]

Here are the new products Steve will be coming out with in Novermber:

Upcoming products from Zed Audio

We have some new products which will be introduced during November 2009. We urge

our customers to send us their requests for products which they would like to see in the

line up.

The first is a cutie pie and it’s name is Lil’ Amplifier. As it’s name suggests this baby is

small. Rated at 100w/ch at 4 ohm and featuring the usual array of crossovers it will be our

smallest offering. It will incorporate some radical new design which as the Goverment

says is “classified”.

The second is a hybrid amplifier incorporating my favourite amplifying devices namely

TUBES. Since I was brought up on tubes, no I did not eat them as a child, but I “cut my

teeth” in electronics on these wonderfull glowing glass bottles. This amplifier will feature a

complete 100% tube front end and the power amplifier will incorporate tubes right up to

the output stage. The output devices will be high speed Sanken or Toshiba devices which

in my opinion are the best bi-polar devices around. Cost will be an object as part of my

philosophy is to bring reasonably prices gear to the market. Power will be somewhere

between 100 to 150w per channel. This amplifier is not intended for sub woofer duty and

so will incorporate crossovers with a 12dB/octave slope. The consumer who will use this

type of amplifier will typically not be a “bass head” and so steep slope crossovers are not

required. Never forget one thing, the best sounding crossover is, “no crossover at all”.

The third product is a stand alone TUBE crossover. This will be a four (4) channel unit with

low, band and high pass functions. Again all at 12dB/octave.

4013854104_b46d0b0f1a_s.jpgquote name='atsaubrey' date='02 March 2009 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1235980056' post='484061']

QUOTE (manbeer @ Feb 27 2009, 10:55 PM) Any idea what pricing will look like and if it's a new heatsink design or going to use the ones from the last gen?

No idea on the heatsink but I was told by the master blaster himself that the pricing for the 6 channel is UNDER $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! captain.gif

$599 + tax in CA, and shipping. Group buys save 10%, look on other forums,

they already did one, and will probably be doing another. $60 savings.

Click on the link below for a slideshow of internal pics of the

new ZED LEVIATHAN 6 X 100 watt amplifier.

Also included, last 2 pictures of my homemade, handbuilt, 2-way passive crossover

I built 7 years ago.

http://www.flickr.co...464766991/show/

Sorry about picture quality, I have a cheap 6 year old Canon,

need a new camera.

The mini amp is the most fascinating.

I have not heard any, I know they have been so busy building the Leviathan's and Kronos.

what could the price be for the 4x100w? I was thinking of buying a new SQ amp to power my infinity kappa perfect around mid-end January. Would be really sweet if it will be possible to buy one around that time. :)

what could the price be for the 4x100w? I was thinking of buying a new SQ amp to power my infinity kappa perfect around mid-end January. Would be really sweet if it will be possible to buy one around that time. :)

No idea, too early to tell.

I'd really like to see a larger amplifier with the same styling as the Kronos with the Plexi and the LED ZED light.